Photo

Newbie - Last Minute and Still Undecided

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 kim23fly

kim23fly
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

Hello! i just recently found this website while trying to do research for a possible destination wedding and it's great!!

My fiance and I are doing some last minute wedding planning for July 8th or 9th of this summer because we're both in the military. I just got back from Iraq, and he just arrived at a new unit who told him not to set a wedding date (until last week!) because their schedule wasn't set until then. It's been very frustrating, and we still haven't decided if we want to do the wedding where I'm from (CT - but it would have to be midweek), or destination. And for destination, we just want it cheap for our guests because of how last minute it is, easy planning, and fun.

Has anyone worked with a specific destination wedding planner that they recommend?

#2 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
    • 914 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

Congrats on your engagement, and welcome to the forum!

I'm using an AI resort, so my wedding coordinator does everything for me. You may want to narrow down your choice(s) of location first!

Happy planning!

#3 vlynnw

vlynnw
      • 6,003 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:34 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Once you pick your destination everything else will come together pretty easily.
        Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#4 juliek

juliek
        • 152 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:40 PM

Congrats! Welcome to the forum, you'll find tons of great information here!

#5 IvanG

IvanG
          • Vendor
          • 967 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:59 AM

Congratulations & Welcome to the forum!

#6 wendyjd

wendyjd
            • 968 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:07 AM

Congrats on the engagement, and most of the all inclusive resorts have Wedding Coordinators who will take care of the details for you. If you need a travel agent, click the banner at the top of the page. They are great and can often be found on here.

Good luck on the planning and THANK YOU for your service to our great nation.

#7 aubry

aubry
              • 191 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:25 AM

We just got started for our July wedding too. Good luck and thank you both for all you do for our country!

#8 Patourn

Patourn
                • 377 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:11 AM

Congrats and Happy planning!! You'll find all sorts of great info here from a lot of creative ladies! Deciding on the place is one of the hardest things to do. Once that's done you will be amazed to see how qucikly everything else falls into place!

#9 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
                  • 1,098 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:07 AM

Hi Kim! Since you don't have a lot of planning time left before July (believe it or not!) I would start with one the travel agents who are affiliated with this site (you'll see banner ads across the top of your screen). They have tons of connections with the resorts and can help you narrow down your options quickly. Good luck!
                    Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
                    Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
                    http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
                    Leftover Wedding Items FS:
                    http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#10 Nicyx

Nicyx
                    • 2,914 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:56 AM

Hello, Congratulations and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions you have or advice you need will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users