How did you meet your FI / DH?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#61 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
  • 385 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

High school sweethearts~!  Here's what we put on our wedding site:

What started out as a casual friendship in high school, became something much, much more when David and Yvonne crossed paths again in their sophomore year. Neither would have ever guessed that they'd be getting married just over 10 years later.  

David was the funny guy who was into school athletics. Laid back and easy going, he couldn't help but notice a particular girl. She was a dedicated, introverted book-worm. Behind those glasses were brains.  Brains so focused on school work that they barely noticed anything else.  To him, Yvonne wasn't like any other girl in the school.  He would have to get her attention. But how?  David resolved to try and impress this girl so much in class, that she'd HAVE to notice!

Each History class became a battleground for debates and academics. The duo competed fervently. But then, glares became stolen glances, loathing turned into laughter, and fights into flirts. It was a whirlwind courtship that caught them both out of breath and head over heels in love.  That summer after the History Exam,  David brought a single rose with him to meet Yvonne.   There he asked her to be his girlfriend to make it official.  The rest is ... well, quite literally, history.

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#62 capecodder

capecodder
    • 234 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:40 PM

My FI and I met online.  I was very nervous about dating online but it has turned out wonderfully!

Happy to see there are some other brides out there who met their FI's online.

#63 MichCraw

MichCraw
      • 369 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

Met my FI online as well, but not like you may think ... I was online looking at ads to buy a dog cage ( my newly acquired dog was eating through my walls & doors!!) He was selling a dog cage, ( his dog was now old enough didn't need it) He dropped it off on the Saturday and on the Sunday he was calling me up to have dinner! I never did pay for that dog cage! hehe

#64 capecodder

capecodder
        • 234 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:59 AM

Too cute!! Love that story!!

Originally Posted by MichCraw 

Met my FI online as well, but not like you may think ... I was online looking at ads to buy a dog cage ( my newly acquired dog was eating through my walls & doors!!) He was selling a dog cage, ( his dog was now old enough didn't need it) He dropped it off on the Saturday and on the Sunday he was calling me up to have dinner! I never did pay for that dog cage! hehe

#65 anudrm

anudrm
          • 760 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:12 AM

Well my story is in some reminisce to Alicia Keys song "You don't know my name" You know the line where she says this is the waitress at the coffee house.

Was I indeed was a server and I was doing to go one night at Chili's, he came in and I was super busy.  When it slowed down I got his number, called and gave him mine.  He called me a few days later and the rest is history.  My mom calls me a stalker and a cougar, LOL

#66 jackie_c

jackie_c
            • 431 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

Coug on girl, your hubby is a hottie and you look great together!!

Originally Posted by anudrm 

Well my story is in some reminisce to Alicia Keys song "You don't know my name" You know the line where she says this is the waitress at the coffee house.

Was I indeed was a server and I was doing to go one night at Chili's, he came in and I was super busy.  When it slowed down I got his number, called and gave him mine.  He called me a few days later and the rest is history.  My mom calls me a stalker and a cougar, LOL

#67 jmastr05

jmastr05
              • 189 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

My husband and I met through friends. My friend started dating his friend (they are now married with a baby). We met 2 or 3 times, but never really talked. Then we had a drunken make out session on New Year's Eve. LOL! We became an official couple 2 months after that and have been together for almost 7 1/2 years now. We got married 2 months ago.

#68 anudrm

anudrm
                • 760 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

Aww thanx Jackie, LOL!!!

Originally Posted by jackie_c 

Coug on girl, your hubby is a hottie and you look great together!!

#69 MelloJess83

MelloJess83
                  • 46 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

Met my FI online, and our first date was on Cinco de Mayo- and we went to my favorite chinese restuarant!  Then we had drinks afterwards at a nearby bar, where I flirted with him like CRAAAAAZYYYYY!!!  Apparently because I did not come right out and say, "I think you're cute and I'm attracted to you" he did not think I was interested.  At the end of the night, I gave him a hug, and he kissed my cheek.  I made plans for our next date, and the rest is history!  He proposed to me on Cinco de Mayo 2 years later! :)

#70 lavenderlux

lavenderlux
                    • 153 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:51 AM

Met my FI at my friend's Cancun destination wedding. We've never met before and when we did, we clicked instantly! It makes a great story to say "we met in Mexico at a destination wedding" lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users