How did you meet your FI / DH?

Nora

JayKay....I met my fiance online too!  3 1/2 years ago!!!  People think you are nuts when they hear you are going out with someone you met online....but...we were obviously very lucky in our selections!

cheesy.gif

My fiance and I met at my sisters birthday in March 2004.. We were both with other people and didn't even speak, much less acknowledge each other.. I know how unromantic LOL..

That summer I saw him again at a friends summer house.. He was single.. I was in a bad relationship that was in the final stages.. I spent the weekend thinking about him and how much he made me smile.. Nothing happened!! I'm a good girl.

Then in March 2005, we found ourselves at my sisters birthday.. Both single.. We were playing pool and about to leave when I couldn't find my pink puffy jacket.. I looked across the table and he was holding it up so I can put my arms through..

After that I pretty much fell in love with him and have been falling ever since<3

Fi and I met online too. I don't think it's "taboo" at all anymore. They say 1 in 5 couples meets online these days and I believe it.

We do so much online these days, it just makes sense that dating headed in that direction too.

Originally Posted by JQLong View Post

JayKay....I met my fiance online too!  3 1/2 years ago!!!  People think you are nuts when they hear you are going out with someone you met online....but...we were obviously very lucky in our selections!

cheesy.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My fiancee and I met almost three years ago at a wedding in Mexico. Neither one of us knew the bride or groom (I think I had met them once before) and we had gotten free trips from the people we went with. I was offered the trip by my mom, who is friends with the mother of the bride, and my fiancee went with a friend whose dad couldn't make the trip. We tease that we were freeloading wedding crashers.

So, seeing that we met and fell in love in Mexico, there was never any doubt in our minds that we would return to Puerto Vallarta to get married ourselves!!woot.gif

My FI and I worked together from 2005-2008.  We both had significant others at the time but were friends.  I actually never thought of him in a romantic way when we worked together, but I did have a boyfriend during that time. In 2008 I moved to and from Houston with my ex (I couldn't take it there).  When I came home, I went to visit him in Vail, CO where he was living/working.  We started dating that very weekend I visited him.  Three years later he proposed to me in Vail!

After watching the episode of Seinfeld where George decides to go ``opposite George`and do the exact opposite of every instinct he has, I agreed to go on a blind date arranged by my father and stepmother . Something I definitely NEVER would have done- I`m a shy person and even my dad was so shocked that I agreed to it! We hit it off that night and have pretty much spent every day together since, and almost 7 years later we are getting married in Holguin Cuba! Whenever I see the rerun of that epsiode, I say to my fiance that we never would be here if that hadn`t aired on that day!!!!lol

this is a great story !!! I love it!

Originally Posted by Branya2012 View Post

My fiancee and I met almost three years ago at a wedding in Mexico. Neither one of us knew the bride or groom (I think I had met them once before) and we had gotten free trips from the people we went with. I was offered the trip by my mom, who is friends with the mother of the bride, and my fiancee went with a friend whose dad couldn't make the trip. We tease that we were freeloading wedding crashers.

So, seeing that we met and fell in love in Mexico, there was never any doubt in our minds that we would return to Puerto Vallarta to get married ourselves!!woot.gif