Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1081 LHD18

LHD18
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:31 PM

Your review was awesome, thanks so much for sharing.  I'm so jealous that you got to visit all those resorts :P  We're planning on getting married at the NOW Sapphire in July 2011.  I didn't have the opportunity to check out any of the resorts in person so your review was very helpful!   

Originally Posted by 1106wedding 

If anyone is interested, I wrote a review of my site visit of a few resorts in Puerto Morelos here:

http://www.bestdesti...os#post_1499409

#1082 sarcrook

sarcrook
    • 241 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:10 PM

Is/has everybody done a legal ceremony?  It save a TON of money to do it at home first - it's very expensive to do it there..wondering if you've done it if it was awkward?  If you told anybody??  Any thoughts???

#1083 shorn

shorn
      • 67 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

biehnbag- did you have the resort do your hair and makeup?

#1084 1106wedding

1106wedding
        • 317 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:19 PM

Oh yay! Glad I could help. Sapphire was awesome :)

Originally Posted by LHD18 

Your review was awesome, thanks so much for sharing.  I'm so jealous that you got to visit all those resorts :P  We're planning on getting married at the NOW Sapphire in July 2011.  I didn't have the opportunity to check out any of the resorts in person so your review was very helpful!   

Quote:
          Originally Posted by 1106wedding 

If anyone is interested, I wrote a review of my site visit of a few resorts in Puerto Morelos here:

http://www.bestdesti...os#post_1499409

Jessie & Chris 10/22/2011 *51 booked and final*

#1085 sarcrook

sarcrook
          • 241 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:36 PM

bienbag...A M A Z IN G!  Wow...pretty speechless!  You were a beautiful bride..looks like you had SO MUCH FUN!!  Congrats!

#1086 primavera

primavera
            • 428 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

Wow! Beautiful wedding and beautiful bride. Congratulations and thanks for sharing the video with us!!!

Originally Posted by biehnbag 

I got married on Nov. 12th!! My very detailed review is coming soon but in the mean time, hopefully you can get a better idea about weddings here. Oscar Video did this "highlight reel" for us. He did a great job! NOW Jade was the perfect place to get married!

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

#1087 biehnbag

biehnbag
              • 29 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:20 AM

Thanks! It was so much fun. I really don't have any idea how most people don't have a destination wedding!

Yes the resort salon did my hair and makeup. She did a great job. (wish I could remeber her name) I did my liner and a few false lashes though. I was worried about it so I booked a hair and mk up trial. I think it was $110 with the wedding package discount. So I got 2 days of beautiful hair and makeup!

#1088 RocknRobin04

RocknRobin04
                • Banned
                • 107 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:43 AM

Great Idea<Biehnbag!

I think I will go ahead and set up the trial and look at it as 2 days of beautiful hair and makeup instead of $110 down the drain :)

#1089 82turtles

82turtles
                  • 297 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:30 PM

Sarcrook --

We plan on doing the legal side of things here at home in the US due to cost. Not sure if it will be before or after, though I'm leaning towards after we get back from Mexico. I saw a photographer's comment on this topic awhile ago and he made a good point -- he basically said even though the Mexico ceremony will only be symbolic, it will still look and feel like your wedding, and you want those emotions and feelings to be captured in the photos. He said he's seen so many couples where they did the legal wedding before the MX wedding and it didn't feel as authentic. Just a thought.

I don't really plan on broadcasting to everyone that it's not the legal wedding.. we will celebrate our anniversary as the date in Mexico. Obviously our parents and whoever we have as witnesses to legal side in the States will know, but other than that I see no reason to bring it up!

Originally Posted by sarcrook 

Is/has everybody done a legal ceremony?  It save a TON of money to do it at home first - it's very expensive to do it there..wondering if you've done it if it was awkward?  If you told anybody??  Any thoughts???

#1090 sarcrook

sarcrook
                    • 241 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:05 PM

82turtles..that is a GREAT point!!  I feel like if we wait and do it after it won't seem as odd - like it's just sort of "sealing the deal"..vs. doing it before could be a little awkward.  Let me know what you decide for sure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users