Male Activity in Cabo - PLEASE NO GOLF?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 katrinkit35

• 101 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:32 AM

So for the women, I am planning a mani/pedi/massage "party."

Now I need to plan something for the men. My FI is not a golf guy, so I am looking for some ideas?

I should say that we are moving to Hong Kong a week after the wedding and FI is planning that while I plan the wedding. When we have ideas - we bring them to the table.

#2 ~Angela~

• 4,172 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:46 AM

Marlin fishing is a pretty big thing in Cabo - I know it can get kinda pricey, but it might be worth looking into.

#3 katrinkit35

• 101 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by ~Angela~
        Marlin fishing is a pretty big thing in Cabo - I know it can get kinda pricey, but it might be worth looking into.
        Oooh. That could be good, and I wouldn't have thought of that.

#4 FutureMrs.S

• 87 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:19 PM

My husband and his friends chartered some fishing boats and caught fish all day. Dreams arranged everything. 5 guys (my fiance at the time, our fathers, and the groomsmen) $600/6 hours. They even caught a blue marlin, that they ate. Another day they chartered a sail boat and some of the girls went a along 8 total. They took them around to lovers arches. I heard great things but I was at the hotel the whole time arranging wedding things DonĀ“t worry There is plenty to do.
          12 FLIGHTS BOOKED
          40 GUESTS BOOKED!

#5 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

You can also try to see if any of the following can happen in Cabo - men usually love this stuff :

jet skiing
            segway tours
            sand buggy / ATV tours
            zip lining

#6 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

deep sea fishing
            tequilla tasting
            cigar rolling and drinking

we did all 3 and it was a blast...deep sea fishing can get expensive and people can get sea sick.

atv is super fun but if the guys are not careful can be dangerous.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
            Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 *Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,532 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:40 AM

A group of guys in our wedding group went fishing 2 days after the wedding and they all had a BLAST! They said it was one of the best things they did all week (except for the actual wedding, hehe). I believe they arranged it through Dreams. It wasn't cheap, but every single one of them said it was worth it!

#8 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,047 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
              • LocationToronto

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

my husband and the rest of the guys did deep sea fishing as well and loved it. Although, they all came back sunburnt, so make sure they use a sunblock with high SPF

#9 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,569 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:08 AM

In order of favorite things to do (that is not golfing)

ATV's- they are so fun they take you to the dunes ocean side and set you free.. soo much fun

Deep Sea fishing- you can Marlin fish, but if you wand to have a lot of people catch stuff we caught yellow fin and then took it to a restarurant and had it cooked for a bunch of people and froze and took some home.

Jungle boat/snorkling cruise- wasted fun snorkleing

Other fun stuff I have not done but heard good things:
                Zip line tour
                day trip to Todos Santos

#10 katrinkit35

• 101 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:13 PM

Ooh! Some great ideas! I will be checking into most of these to check on price. I think right now, we have to keep it to about 100 a person for about 10 people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users