Photo

What's your favorite creative healthy snack???

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#11 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
  • VIP Member
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:42 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by naughie
    mmmm if you like reese's peanut butter cups, you'll love this...i've made this for company and it always goes over well!
    i found the following at hungry-girl.com, but it's from aimee's adventures.

Fluff-tastic Frozen Peanut Butter Cups

We found this awesome recipe on the Aimee's Adventures site. Aimee has tons of great recipes! These frozen peanut butter treats are almost too good to be true. YOU MUST TRY THEM!

1 (8 oz.) Container Fat Free Cool Whip
    1/3 Cup Reduced Fat Creamy (or Chunky) Peanut Butter
    1/4 Cup Hershey's Light Chocolate Syrup

Line a 12 cupcake pan with cupcake holders (foil ones work best). Combine 1 Cup of Cool Whip and the peanut butter, with a whisk. Fold in remaining Cool Whip. Divide the mixture into the liners evenly (approx. 2 1/2 tablespoons each). Top each cup with a dollop of chocolate syrup. Freeze.

Serves: 12
    Per Peanut Butter Cup: 73 Calories; 2g Fat, 2g Protein; 10 carbs, Fiber: 0g
    (2 WW points if you're counting)
    OMG....pb and chocolate are my all time favs. I actually asked my FI if I could buy sugar free peanut butter syrup to add to everything I eat since I am so obsessed with it. If I can find a healthy way to enjoy....I'm all in! Thanks for the recipe!

#12 Wisco4

Wisco4
    • 666 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:39 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by naughie
      mmmm if you like reese's peanut butter cups, you'll love this...i've made this for company and it always goes over well!
      i found the following at hungry-girl.com, but it's from aimee's adventures.

Fluff-tastic Frozen Peanut Butter Cups

We found this awesome recipe on the Aimee's Adventures site. Aimee has tons of great recipes! These frozen peanut butter treats are almost too good to be true. YOU MUST TRY THEM!

1 (8 oz.) Container Fat Free Cool Whip
      1/3 Cup Reduced Fat Creamy (or Chunky) Peanut Butter
      1/4 Cup Hershey's Light Chocolate Syrup

Line a 12 cupcake pan with cupcake holders (foil ones work best). Combine 1 Cup of Cool Whip and the peanut butter, with a whisk. Fold in remaining Cool Whip. Divide the mixture into the liners evenly (approx. 2 1/2 tablespoons each). Top each cup with a dollop of chocolate syrup. Freeze.

Serves: 12
      Per Peanut Butter Cup: 73 Calories; 2g Fat, 2g Protein; 10 carbs, Fiber: 0g
      (2 WW points if you're counting)
      These sound fantastic! I do also love the frozen cool whip free between two graham crackers.

How does that one recipe go with for the fat free black bean salsa? I think it's WW also. Something like fat free italian dressing, corn, black beans, diced avacado and diced tomatoes? Serve with baked Tostidos. Sounds gross but tastes awesome.
      ~Amanda

#13 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
      • 1,798 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:43 PM

This one isn't too quick but it helps my F.Fry craving.
        take one potato and cut it into small strips, spray with cooking spray and then sprinkly some creole powder on top. I think I cook it for 15-20 minutes at 425. Oh so tasty
        Tony Chachere's Creole Kitchen

#14 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:19 PM

I like to put sugar free hershey's syrup (15cal) on a banana. Gives me my chocolate fix. It's messy though, so I eat it over the sink.

#15 kpluse

kpluse
          • 64 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:34 PM

Not sure if you girls have ever seen this website- it's great. They give all kinds of recipes for reduced calorie favorites, as well as new products that come out on the market. You can sign up for their newsletter for daily tips. I'm addicted!

HungryGirl.com

#16 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:55 PM

These I love:
              ~hummus & ground wheat pita bread
              ~baked sweet potatoes plain or w/evoo & sea salt
              ~mangos w/lime & chili powder
              ~quick salsa - cut up tomatoes,onion,cilantro, & chilies to serve with tortilla pieces or on a baked potato
              ~slices of tomato with evoo, salt, & pepper...yum
              ~slices of avocado with lime (it's good fat..lol)

#17 gkashmira

gkashmira
              • 1,962 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:15 PM

Western Alternative cinnamon bagel (1 WW Point) with 2 Tbsp. of low fat cream cheese (2 WW points) or fat free cream cheese (1 WW point).

OR

Western Alternative bagel with 1 Tbsp. peanut butter and a tiny amount of jelly (yum!!)

Also:

tomato & hearts of palm cut up and mixed with white vinegar (0 WW points)
                Salad with hearts of palm, egg white, pepperocinis, green onions and balsamic vinegar (0 points)

Baby carrots dipped in delicious salsa... for this to work the salsa needs to be awesome.

Fat free "light n fit" vanilla yogurt with a little bit of bear naked low sugar cereal (basically granola)
                Kashmira & Dan
                Happily married since June 16, 2007
                http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#18 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:27 PM

special K eggos (I think 2 or 3 pts for 2)with Smucker's Sugar Free Fruit spread (0pts)

sugar free chocolate pudding

oatmeal with cinnamon and banana

cucumber, carrot, jicama salad with miso dressing (1 pt)

#19 Spazz

Spazz
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:33 PM

All of you girls are making me feel unhealthy and very hungry

#20 1elephant

1elephant
                    • VIP Member
                    • 15,998 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:42 AM

mmm edamame (not my cat, tho, the soybean )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users