Photo

What's your favorite creative healthy snack???

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
  • VIP Member
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:30 PM

So I eat pretty healhty and have come up with some odd healthy snacks/desserts when cravings strike. I wanted to hear what you guys make or have made that tastes supprisingly good for being good for you! Here are some of my interesting concoctions:

*kettle corn mini bag with cinnamon, splenda, and I can't believe it's not butter spray butter (tastes like dessert)
    *peanut butter yogurt (half container vanilla yogurt with 1 tbs peanut butter)
    *frozen peas with garlic salt and parmesean cheese
    *hot vanilla soy milk with sugar free choc syrup

I need some random ideas!

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:41 PM

I love to snack on frozen grapes (like a fruit popsicle)
      apples and peanut butter
      Special K Snack Bites

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:42 PM

i love making yogurt smoothies...i make one every day.

i need the calcium for baby and always add a banana...sometimes I add protein powder.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
      • VIP Member
      • 2,861 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:45 PM

I always make popsicles for me and my son. I like to put orange juice in the container and then add some whole blueberries. Sooooo yummy. And Im a huge fan of the classic Celery with PB!

#5 lambert13

lambert13
        • 901 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:49 PM

Weight Watchers snack cakes. They are not the best thing in the world for you, but when you really want a bad-for-you snack they do the job with far less calories and fat

Dried fruit. Its sometimes difficult to find ones that are not covered with sugar, but they are out there.

#6 jak27

jak27
          • 715 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:09 PM

I'm obsessed with Quakes now that I've tried them. They're too high in carbs for a big snack, but if I get an urge for something sweet or salty, they're perfect. And my FI loves them too!

Also, Adora Calcium Supplement, they're not really a snack, but are perfect in the afternoon when you want something sweet. The Dark Chocoalte is perfect. And I get my calcium in w/o having to worry about it.

#7 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:12 PM

mmm cucumbers with hummus...and tzatziki - but not the store bought kind, but usually that's higher in fat.

also, i like reduced fat graham crackers w/ ff cool whip! like an ice cream sandwich!

#8 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
              • VIP Member
              • 3,405 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:16 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by naughie
                mmm cucumbers with hummus...and tzatziki - but not the store bought kind, but usually that's higher in fat.

also, i like reduced fat graham crackers w/ ff cool whip! like an ice cream sandwich!

I'm totally trying the graham cracker with cool whip treat. I bet the chocolate grahams are yummy. Good idea.

#9 1elephant

1elephant
                • VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:29 PM

mmmm if you like reese's peanut butter cups, you'll love this...i've made this for company and it always goes over well!
                  i found the following at hungry-girl.com, but it's from aimee's adventures.

Fluff-tastic Frozen Peanut Butter Cups

We found this awesome recipe on the Aimee's Adventures site. Aimee has tons of great recipes! These frozen peanut butter treats are almost too good to be true. YOU MUST TRY THEM!

1 (8 oz.) Container Fat Free Cool Whip
                  1/3 Cup Reduced Fat Creamy (or Chunky) Peanut Butter
                  1/4 Cup Hershey's Light Chocolate Syrup

Line a 12 cupcake pan with cupcake holders (foil ones work best). Combine 1 Cup of Cool Whip and the peanut butter, with a whisk. Fold in remaining Cool Whip. Divide the mixture into the liners evenly (approx. 2 1/2 tablespoons each). Top each cup with a dollop of chocolate syrup. Freeze.

Serves: 12
                  Per Peanut Butter Cup: 73 Calories; 2g Fat, 2g Protein; 10 carbs, Fiber: 0g
                  (2 WW points if you're counting)

#10 Heidi

Heidi
                  • 2,642 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:36 PM

edamame with sea salt & lime
                    sugar pees cooked in a little bit of olive oil & basil
                    fruit smoothies (whatever I have lying around with some OJ!)
                    roasted red pepper hummus with carrots
                    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users