Photo

NO Father Daughter Dance?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 LChavez

LChavez
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:35 AM

I'm debating this as well, I would like to do it, but I don't want all the attention on us.

#12 TanyonL

TanyonL
    • 166 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by mlabbe
      I like the idea of doing something more inventive to avoid the discomfort of a slow dance... although that might turn out to be harder for him if he doesn't really know how to dance.

Maybe you could have a dance the 4 of you at the same time, to take away all eyes on you and your dad, and let you FI have his dance with his mom?

I'm skipping the father / mother dances, solves it for us!
      The group dance is a great idea! No one gets hurt that way.

#13 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
      • 282 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:57 AM

i was thinking aBout just dancing with my mom, my father won't be there(don't know him) so why not have a mother/son and mother/daughter dance lol.

#14 jasonsmomma

jasonsmomma
        • 9 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

I was married before and was very nervous to dance with my dad for the same reasons and my poor dad is not a very "spotlight" kind of person. He was so nervous he wanted to practice ahead of time and maybe get some lessons~LOL! Anyway, we did it and it wasn't that bad! It was awkward though but not too bad. Hope that helps This time I probably won't be able to because I don't think my parents are going to go!

#15 msjulie5475

msjulie5475
          • 528 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

I would suggest taking a dance class together if possible with your father. Maybe work with your fiance and your dance instructor to pick out a song where you and your father can dance more casually and your FI and his mom can dance as well.

#16 lsjhik

lsjhik
            • 157 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:57 PM

Maybe do lessons together and bond? Make it less awkward?

#17 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
              • 173 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:37 PM

Id never even thought about this. However, we only have a very small wedding party, 6 in total so i wont even be having a first dance with my husband in the actual day. We will save that for out reception back in the UK. I am like you and dont have a touchy feely kind of relationship with my dad, anything like dancing would feel so weird for the both of us i think. The only way around that would be if i was drunk and then i wouldnt think anything of it. Shame its like that with our own father isnt it, but when its been like that for so many years you cant just change.

#18 horegan

horegan
                • 165 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:23 AM

I think it would mean a lot to him if you did... even if everything isn't perfect, 

#19 helen9

helen9
                  • 156 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:25 PM

I'm not doing one. Neither myself or my dad dance so it would be silly and awkward.

#20 islandbride8

islandbride8
                    • 315 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:35 AM

If you definately don't want to dance with your dad, that's your choice and there's nothing wrong with that.  No one should put you in a situation where you are uncomfortable.  That being said, don't ask your FI to do a faster dance with his mom.  I'm sure this is something very important to him (and his mom) and you don't want him to resent you.  This is a tough situation.  If it does turn into a problem I would just get through dancing for 3 minutes with your Dad (it really isn't torture!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users