• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:54 PM

What are yours?

I am thinking about going to MAC to get my make-up done because I need new stuff....I wear Clinique, but am ready to try something else.

Even if my friends derm says its bad for the skin.

#2 michelle08

michelle08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,702 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:57 PM

I only wear their powder and I recently tried their lipstick (it's free if you return 6 powder containers for them to recycle). I like it...

I am too cheap to convert everything else...although my cheap mascara is really starting to annoy me because it's clumping...so I might try mascara too??

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:08 AM

I don't wear makeup now but in high school I used to swear by MAC lipliners.....I think my fav color was spice? It's very neutral. I know we have some MAC girls here who can help you out.

#4 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:09 AM

I don't use MAC often since I break out, but its great coverage and lasts quite a while (since its stage make-up). I love their eye shadows and brushes the best, but you can't go wrong with any of their products.

#5 jesswins

jesswins
          • 142 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:01 AM

Yeah I got an email from a friend that said friends don't let friends wear MAC. I am not sure about the eyeshadows but I have been told that the foundation is not good for your skin. I recently started using Bare Escentuals for my face and I love it. MAC does have great shadows still.
            jess

#6 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 02:45 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by starchild
              I don't wear makeup now but in high school I used to swear by MAC lipliners.....I think my fav color was spice? It's very neutral. I know we have some MAC girls here who can help you out.
              I used to use spice!!! lol...

#7 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:51 AM

oh... I have so many must-haves

eyeshadows:
                trax
                swish or Phloof!
                vanilla

lipgloss:
                nymphette

ok... I could go on and on.... it depends on what colors you like to wear...

#8 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:54 AM

spice is always a good neutral liner (most people can wear it)

and if you are going soon, and fall in love with some colors, check out the palettes too, a single eyeshados sells for $14, and you get a palette with 5 e/s for $36..

depending where you are going you can also check out the pigments... if you founf one in a nice neutral or pink, they are great, you can use them for eyeshadow, wet as a lipliner or eyeliner, or mix them with clear gloss for a lipgloss....

#9 cessyboston

cessyboston
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,096 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:19 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by beachbride
                    oh... I have so many must-haves

eyeshadows:
                    trax
                    swish or Phloof!
                    vanilla

lipgloss:
                    nymphette

ok... I could go on and on.... it depends on what colors you like to wear...

miss shelly to weird i where the same ones.....
                    Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#10 foxytv

foxytv
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,740 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:02 AM

I haven't had any problem with my skin since I started wearing MAC (I love Bare Escentals too). I use the Studo Fix, and the Primer underneath ... and I love the Paints as a base color for your eyes (then your eyeshadow doesn't come off all day long). I basically use the whole gamut ... minus mascara and eye liner ... I use less expensive versions of those because they work just as well for me. Oh, and blush ... Peaches matches every skin tone!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users