Calling All Feb 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 xcitedbride

xcitedbride
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:39 AM

Hi!
    Any other Feb 2011 brides out there? where are you in all the planning? "Barely started?" or "Almost done!" Bride??

I'm a Feb 2011 Bride, Feb 8th 2011 to be exact. We have booked Gran Bahia Principe Tulum resort and so far we have 30 family/friends booked. But thats all the planning i have done so far. I'm not stressing but a part of me thinks i need to be further in the planning stages.

Is my date twin out there?

#2 Lite

Lite
    • 96 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:46 PM

You have 30 guests booked already?!!! I'd say you are half way there! NICE!
      I barely started! (we technically aren't engaged, waiting on the sale of my house to pay for the big ROCK and wedding i want!) I don't have a date set yet, but we both like the idea of mid to late Feb, or a resort picked. I'm guessing i'll end up with Dreams Tulum but i'm waiting to hear on some quotes from my TA. Basically as far as i got is found this amazing site and booked a TA from here, Christine!
      How did you decide on your resort? Who did you use for invites?

Mel

#3 Mischaka

Mischaka
      • 969 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:34 PM

Feb 19 is my day. I have a few people that are ready to put down. Still waiting for prices to go down. I'm sending the STD's out this week and I'm ordering my invites the following week.

#4 Lala12

Lala12
        • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:05 PM

Hi! You are way ahead of me! I am planning on Feb 4th but still haven't settled on a resort. I am overwhelmed with research and have 5 different travel agents looking at pricing for me! I am leaning towards the Barcelo Maya Beach resorts, because of the flexibility. Also, the 2011 pricing isn't finalized so I can't see what the group rates will be. So it sounds like you are doing great!

#5 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
          • 590 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

February brides are the best Happy planning girls!!

#6 YIweddings

YIweddings
            • 173 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

Me to!! February 1, 2011.
              Resort booked!
              Save the dates went out last week. Buying lots for the OOT bags even though I have no idea how may people are coming so I hope I have enought.
              I'll go dress shopping 25 pounds from now. (gotta work on that).
              Waiting for Westjet to post prices at the end of April then I'll reserve seats and rooms.
              So excited! So nervous. Not sure how to get everyone to book on time.
              I have so many ideas!
              Soon to be Mrs. Kramer

#7 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
              • 590 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:53 PM

I recommend spring/summer dress shopping. Don't leave it too long! It usually takes anywhere from 4 months to longer to order in a dress, and with the majority of people getting married in summer months... the dress stores have ridiculous sales during this time. I got my dress in May last year and got for 50% off.

#8 YIweddings

YIweddings
                • 173 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:10 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by svetayasofiya
                  I recommend spring/summer dress shopping. Don't leave it too long! It usually takes anywhere from 4 months to longer to order in a dress, and with the majority of people getting married in summer months... the dress stores have ridiculous sales during this time. I got my dress in May last year and got for 50% off.
                  Thanks!
                  That's my plan. It's too exciting to wait to try on dresses but maybe it will be my motivation to finally eat a veggie.
                  Soon to be Mrs. Kramer

#9 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
                  • 762 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

Yea for February Brides!!! My best advice book your plane tickets as early as you can-- we got great deals. Also once you pick a resort work with a travel agent because your guests will think that you are thier own personal travel agent and drive you up a wall.

Have fun planning ladies!
                    It will be awesome!

#10 skadow

skadow
                    • Banned
                    • 1,853 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

I am Feb 18th at the Aventura Cove Palace at 4pm. I have booked the hotel and photographer, gotten a dress.

Thanks about it =) and set out the STD!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users