Jump to content

Photo

April 2011 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#61 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
  • Member
  • 631 posts

    Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:35 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nucci
    My finance is mailing our save the dates today! I was thinking a little earlier than Jan for the invites too. Maybe in the Fall. I want to give my guests as much time as possible, especially since prices are higher than expected. You can always make the RSVP later, but at least they'll have the invites!
    I sent out STDs at the beginning of this month, giving everyone just over a year for a head's up. I want to send out invitations in the fall also. People need time to actually be prepared for something like this. Then in around February I'll send invites to the reception only for those I know won't come to Mexico.
    Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
    At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
    25 guests + bride + groom booked

    My Wedding Planning Notes

    #62 Brandy

    Brandy
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,628 posts

      Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:45 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Michelle-2
      Hi - I am an April, 2011 bride also. Still stressing over the exact place. I think we are almost positive on Beaches Turks & Caicos on the 14th. I didn't think it would be this difficult to just make a decision on the location!!! I just want everything to be perfect.
      I couldnt agree with you more, it took me forever to finally make a decision...Ive heard really great things about Turks & Caicos Beaches, Im shooting for April 2nd Good Luck!!!!

      #63 nucci

      nucci
      • Newbie
      • 77 posts

        Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:53 AM

        Once you pick a resort it'll make it so much easier and you'll actually start to feel like you're getting married. I feel like you can't really go wrong with resorts these days!! I have heard Turks & Caicos is awesome too!!

        We're going to wait until summer for our at home reception and then go on our honeymoon after that. I'm a teacher so it works best with my schedule. Lots of my guests got their STDs and loved them!!! YAY exciting!!

        #64 celestial419

        celestial419
        • Jr. Member
        • 198 posts

          Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:01 PM

          Hi Girls

          I was just chking the prices for the end of April for Rivera Maya and got a quote for $1600 for hotel & airfare!!! FANTASTIC news since a few weeks ago it was over $2200+ pp.

          #65 nucci

          nucci
          • Newbie
          • 77 posts

            Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:56 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by celestial419
            Hi Girls

            I was just chking the prices for the end of April for Rivera Maya and got a quote for $1600 for hotel & airfare!!! FANTASTIC news since a few weeks ago it was over $2200+ pp.
            That is great! What week in April is it for?

            #66 Lua

            Lua
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,231 posts

              Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:44 AM

              Hi fellow April 2011 brides!!!!!
              My fiance and I are in the process of reserving our wedding date of April 9 and timeslot at the Riu Negril in Jamaica!!! can't wait!!
              We have an engagement photo shoot within the next 2 weeks (our wedding gift from a friend who is a photographer) after which we will work on sending out our save-the-dates! :)

              #67 celestial419

              celestial419
              • Jr. Member
              • 198 posts

                Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:44 PM

                nucci- Week of April 25th. last week of the month for 7 days.

                #68 nucci

                nucci
                • Newbie
                • 77 posts

                  Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:47 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by celestial419
                  nucci- Week of April 25th. last week of the month for 7 days.
                  Oh ok! That's 2 weeks after our date. So you're the week after Easter and we are the week before Easter. I still don't think the holiday should be effecting us that much. Hopefully the prices will keep dropping!!! Thanks for the update though!!!

                  #69 Tennyt1

                  Tennyt1
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,131 posts

                    Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:46 PM

                    Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been here in a while. Since my last visit I have switched resorts - with the help of my Dad. Great right?...maybe...maybe not. Now he has invited EVERYONE!!!!! Now I have no tally on how many people are even possiblly coming with us. So my quick fix is as of now only have the free reception that the resort is offering us. And not make any add ons atleast untill I have a complete tally from the resort on who booked.

                    Do you all think that just doing the cocktail reception is cheesy?
                    http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

                    ~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                    ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

                    #70 kball21

                    kball21
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 67 posts

                      Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Tennyt1
                      Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been here in a while. Since my last visit I have switched resorts - with the help of my Dad. Great right?...maybe...maybe not. Now he has invited EVERYONE!!!!! Now I have no tally on how many people are even possiblly coming with us. So my quick fix is as of now only have the free reception that the resort is offering us. And not make any add ons atleast untill I have a complete tally from the resort on who booked.

                      Do you all think that just doing the cocktail reception is cheesy?
                      I don't think it is cheesy, especially depending on the time of day. I think if you are only doing a cocktail reception, it would be best to either have it early enough that they can go have dinner afterwards or late enough that guests would have already eaten dinner.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users