Photo

Feb/Mar? 2011 bride heading to Tulum(?)!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Lite

Lite
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:21 PM

Hello BDW forum!

This is an amazing forum and i'm really looking forward to getting to know some of the members and using all this great info/ideas!

My BF and I are not ‘technically’ engaged yet, although we are starting to plan the wedding! I moved in with my BF last May, we’ve been dating since October 2008. I kept my house hoping it would work out nicely as revenue property. The rental thing didn’t work out and we’ve decided to sell it. Part of the money from the sale will pay for some of my ring and the wedding. Fingers crossed that it sells soon!

I’ve picked out a very nice ring and it’s over what I would expect BF to pay by himself so until than I have to wait. But I don’t want to settle on any other ring!

We took our first winter vacation to the Mayan last March and stayed at the Barcelo Beach. We had an amazing time, the area is just AMAZING!! So we’ve decided that is where we’d like to tie the knot. The beaches in Tulum are gorgeous so we are looking at doing it there. I have to start researching the different resorts and pick one yet, opinions welcome!

I don’t think a lot of our friends and family will make it to wedding. I’m guessing that we will have a party of 15? We want an all-inclusive resort in the 4 -5 star range, kid friendly. If it was just us going alone than we’d love a villa/condo but all-in is the best bet with our guests.

I’m going to hire one of the TA’s from this website to help with the planning. It’s so great that this forum is a one stop shop! Until I do that I can’t really pick a date, can I?
    We are going to go for two weeks and hope our guest just stay for one :P
    We would like a late February date. Although I think Valentines day sounds nice too…

Melanie

#2 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
    • 5,521 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

HI Melanie! welcome to the forum! I hope the ring comes soon and its the one you want!! Best wishes to you and your future FI!

#3 Littleone77

Littleone77
      • 157 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

Congrats and Welcome!!!!!! Happy Planning when you get there!!!

#4 Nicyx

Nicyx
        • 2,914 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:39 PM

Hello, Congratulations and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions you have or advice you need will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

#5 dejacque

dejacque
          • 159 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!
            ~~Danielle~~

#6 ourvm

ourvm
            • 211 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:34 PM

Welcome Melanie to this forum. I hope your house sells soon so you can get the ring of your dreams! :) The TA on this forum are great and will be able to provide you the information you need in selecting a resort. I am getting married in Dreams Tulum which is AI, kid friendly and about 5 minutes away from the Tulum ruins. We will actually be moving to another adults only resort after the wedding as our honeymoon resort- maybe that's what you can do if you're worried of being surrounded by guests all the time?
              Enjoy planning!

#7 Lite

Lite
              • 96 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:01 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ourvm
                Welcome Melanie to this forum. I hope your house sells soon so you can get the ring of your dreams! :) The TA on this forum are great and will be able to provide you the information you need in selecting a resort. I am getting married in Dreams Tulum which is AI, kid friendly and about 5 minutes away from the Tulum ruins. We will actually be moving to another adults only resort after the wedding as our honeymoon resort- maybe that's what you can do if you're worried of being surrounded by guests all the time?
                Enjoy planning!
                Thanks! That's a really great idea i didn't think about! I would love to do one week with our guests/wedding and than one week at an adults only for our 'honeymoon' week. Which one are you going to for your second week?

#8 JenniferNicole

JenniferNicole
                • 234 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

Congratulations!! Welcome to the forum!

#9 Snickers

Snickers
                  • 193 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:42 PM

Happy Planning indeed!

#10 IrishgirlinNY

IrishgirlinNY
                    • 938 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:48 PM

Hi Melanie

Congratulations and good luck with all your planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users