Jump to content

Photo

Just under a month and everything is starting to get to me!


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jk1101

jk1101
  • Sr. Member
  • 2,582 posts

    Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:51 PM

    I just need to get this stuff out.

    I invited a few single people - women - that are SINGLE, like not dating anyone. my 2 friends are sharing a room. My one friend who is married - her husband can't come and she told me she's bringing her friend and said "obviously she won't be at the wedding".
    FI's single friend is bringing her aunt. i understand that it's cheaper for double occupancy. And i have actually met the aunt. but when I sent out a note last night to get a count on entrees, she responded
    "i will have shrimp and my aunt will have chicken"
    What? I didn't invite her with a guest...FI told me not to worry about it but seriously, it's not right...

    FI needs to give me a copy of his divorce decree to fax to the WC. Or fax it himself. He doesn't understand why they need to know he's been divorced. I don't know, but they already do, so just give me the papers or fax them over...mine are already over there...just do it please.


    I'm also starting to freak out about not having decorations for the tables at the reception....and I was trying to save money by not buying extra flowers...so now i'm trying to figure out a cheap but pretty thing to do, that can be easily flown to Jamaica, along with my OOT bags....

    And i am spending extra money on a cocktail hour on the beach, because although the wedding is at an all inclusive resort, they have found a way to charge me for food and drinks for this wedding.....

    i need a massage!

    #2 PetitRouge

    PetitRouge
    • Jr. Member
    • 174 posts

      Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

      breath in and breath out :)

      I think all of us have our bursts of stress. I told my fiance the other day in one of my not so level headed moments that I wish we had just gone to city hall, and i think the whole wedding is a stupid idea. Of course he knew that i did not mean it and it sort of blew over but still.....I wanted a destination wedding b.c i thought it would be less stressful, think i missed the boat on that one. With our budget blown through the roof i can relate on your issue with regards to the floral aspect of the wedding.
      So I am either just going to say screw it and get go for the flowers i want or come up with an alternative.
      I am having paper lanterns at my wedding so i thought maybe a few smaller ones on the tables could give an interesting ambiance,and they are easy to ship, but who knows really :)


      Just keep smiling, and remember it will beautiful:)

      #3 roo66

      roo66
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,001 posts

        Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

        Ok breathhhhhh ahhhhhhh
        Now wot you need to do to make sure everything gets done is to break it down into smaller chunks.
        H2b!!!! fax the papers yourself im sure that is just causing more grief than anything else.Hes not doing it you cant be married without it he seems uninterested your doing everything lalalalallalala
        Once thats done the pressure is off
        Send the papers then tell him you did it and get him to make dinner!!!
        All you need for decorations are a very few things.
        Tea lites in your colours cheap ones ikea thats where mine are from.
        If you seat all your guests on one long table as i am doing you could take three fish bowls some lights that work under water and three stems of artificial flowers to place inside.One at each end and one in the middle.
        Scatter some flower petals wallahhhhh done
        shopping list 3 x fish bowls, 12 x tea lite holders 3 x artificial stems
        Im wanting to do starfish as placecards
        Really you dont need to spend loads keep it all on one table and you dont need to do as many repeats.
        Youll be fine get him to cook the dinner lol xxx

        #4 Kelitaw

        Kelitaw
        • Member
        • 512 posts

          Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

          JerseyKitten, I hear you loud and clear!! I am 33 days from the wedding and every little thing makes me feel like I am on the edge of going from Zilla to a full-fledged Bridezilla! Thankfully, FI is staying calm and helps to calm me down. Deep breaths and remember it's all going to work out :)

          #5 jk1101

          jk1101
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,582 posts

            Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by roo66
            Ok breathhhhhh ahhhhhhh
            Now wot you need to do to make sure everything gets done is to break it down into smaller chunks.
            H2b!!!! fax the papers yourself im sure that is just causing more grief than anything else.Hes not doing it you cant be married without it he seems uninterested your doing everything lalalalallalala
            Once thats done the pressure is off
            Send the papers then tell him you did it and get him to make dinner!!!
            All you need for decorations are a very few things.
            Tea lites in your colours cheap ones ikea thats where mine are from.
            If you seat all your guests on one long table as i am doing you could take three fish bowls some lights that work under water and three stems of artificial flowers to place inside.One at each end and one in the middle.
            Scatter some flower petals wallahhhhh done
            shopping list 3 x fish bowls, 12 x tea lite holders 3 x artificial stems
            Im wanting to do starfish as placecards
            Really you dont need to spend loads keep it all on one table and you dont need to do as many repeats.
            Youll be fine get him to cook the dinner lol xxx
            He actually does all of the cooking....

            I looked at tea lights today....
            i'm going to have a U shaped table - we saw bright pink and orange place mats that I think I will put them on... and maye some shells scattered.

            He promised me we would do the IPOD playlists tomorrow....we need like 5 hours of music.

            I had my fitting today and my mom annoyed the you know what out of me, which is why there is no photo of me

            change I need a massage to i need a drink!

            #6 dayna_123

            dayna_123
            • Jr. Member
            • 178 posts

              Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:50 PM

              I never even thought of half this stuff for plannng...Thats why I'm choosing to go away, thought its all taken care of. Being on this forum I realize how much there is actually to do! I won't know where to start! But at least I still have a year!

              #7 mnh1983

              mnh1983
              • Member
              • 743 posts

                Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:01 AM

                How frustrating! Just take deep breaths! You don't need fancy decorations. Just put some candles and scatter flower petals on the tables around them. As for the extra aunt...if you feel that you can talk to your friend about it, do, but if not, just let it go. Don't let the stress get to you!

                #8 midnight24

                midnight24
                • Member
                • 754 posts

                  Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:12 AM

                  focus on the positive things...

                  in a month you are going to marry your true love, surrounded by friends & family in a beautiful location

                  no one is going to focus on if you don't have extra decor for the tables, or OOT bags, or if an extra guest is there.

                  keep your budget in mind, spend money on the things you NEED to have, not the things you want.

                  oh...and get a massage, you deserve one.

                  #9 Jules

                  Jules
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 169 posts

                    Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:23 AM

                    Oh my dear,
                    I know what you are feeling! We leave in two weeks. I am a teacher and we are in the midst of writing report cards, I haven't picked up my wedding dress yet, I just got an email that one of our guests is bailing b/c of work, my FMIL is driving me nuts with little nitpicky things I don't care about or need to here about, and my mom is getting all nutty too! What's the deal?!

                    As for your decor, don't worry about it too much. Go simple. I am bringing tea lights, as mentioned before, and little glass marbles in my colors. Other than that we are getting the flowers that come with the package and I'm bringing a few paper lanterns.

                    As for OOT bags, can you send some of the items down with your guests? My aunt and uncle are going to the resort a week before us, they have 2x the luggage allotment we have, so I am sending a suitcase full with them.

                    Like someone mentioned before, one thing at a time... for me, it's getting these %&$# report cards done and off my mind!

                    Take care!

                    p.s. I'm so with you on the massage idea!

                    #10 jk1101

                    jk1101
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,582 posts

                      Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:13 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by midnight24
                      focus on the positive things...

                      in a month you are going to marry your true love, surrounded by friends & family in a beautiful location

                      no one is going to focus on if you don't have extra decor for the tables, or OOT bags, or if an extra guest is there.

                      keep your budget in mind, spend money on the things you NEED to have, not the things you want.

                      oh...and get a massage, you deserve one.
                      FI keeps saying all these things to me...but I will know.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jules
                      Oh my dear,
                      I know what you are feeling! We leave in two weeks. I am a teacher and we are in the midst of writing report cards, I haven't picked up my wedding dress yet, I just got an email that one of our guests is bailing b/c of work, my FMIL is driving me nuts with little nitpicky things I don't care about or need to here about, and my mom is getting all nutty too! What's the deal?!

                      As for your decor, don't worry about it too much. Go simple. I am bringing tea lights, as mentioned before, and little glass marbles in my colors. Other than that we are getting the flowers that come with the package and I'm bringing a few paper lanterns.

                      As for OOT bags, can you send some of the items down with your guests? My aunt and uncle are going to the resort a week before us, they have 2x the luggage allotment we have, so I am sending a suitcase full with them.

                      Like someone mentioned before, one thing at a time... for me, it's getting these %&$# report cards done and off my mind!

                      Take care!

                      p.s. I'm so with you on the massage idea!
                      I'm going to try to pack the OOT bag stuff in a suitcase this weekend and see how they fit - i do have friends that will take things for me. it must be hard trying to concentrate on doing report cards...i'd be like "everyone get's an A"! I just started a new job last week so I think that might add to my stress...

                      Thanks for listening ladies...it helps so much!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users