mismatched bridesmaids dresses

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 cogswellgray

• 330 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

I love the idea of mismatched bridesmaids! Same color palette but different dresses! I found some pictures online but I'm having trouble finding where to buy. Davids bridal has some I know, and Etsy has some designers I'm sure. Has anyone else bought mismatched bridesmaids dresses? I'd love to see!
    Here are some pics I've found...
    maids+grey.jpg (image)

#2 NaM

• 2,256 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:23 PM

I had different BM dress. pic link is my siggy. If you're going with different dresses but same color...maybe the girls can just pick out their own dresses from where ever they want to buy??

#3 avong1228

• 384 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:26 PM

Jennifer, that is what I am doing and like NaM said, I am just telling them the color and they are all picking their own dresses. This way they wear what fits them best and looks best on them.

#4 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:28 PM

I'm doing the same thing! Just picking the colour and letting them pick out their own dress.

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#5 cogswellgray

• 330 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:29 PM

oh wow i love it!! u look beautiful!! where did u get their dresses at??

#6 **~Linda~**

• 1,326 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:38 PM

Yup I did it as well. My suggestion is pick a color or a color pallet and get a swatch and give a piece to them so that they know what your looking for and can go find the dress that best looks on them :)!

#7 lalanyc

• 363 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:46 PM

I'm also debating having different styles or colors on the bridesmaids dresses. Even if I go w/ the same color, I'd like to give them some kind of contrast with, say, a different colored flower or brooch or something to make them all unique!

I saw this picture and thought it was cool:

Click the image to open in full size.

I LOVE COLOR!!!!!!!

#8 torywedd

• 169 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

yeah i am doing that, i luv the idea ...my colors are golden peach and yellow and my bridesmaids are wearing convertible dresses (can b worn/wrapped 22 different ways) so that they can have their own looks and be able to wear the dresses over and over again

#9 midnight24

• 754 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:36 AM

my BM's are wearing black dresses, and i let them pick out their own style.
                    they will be carrying a bouquet with our complementary colours.
                    we are having a peacock themed wedding, but i didn't want to go overboard with the colours.

#10 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:38 AM

I think the mis matched dresses look awesome!
                      I agree...I say give them a color or color palette and have them go choose. Or I know if you tell them a specific color and send them to Davids.. they have a ton of dresses to choose from and you know the color will match.but each will have a dress that will compliment them! Everything will look fab!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users