Hello ladies! So after reading every page of this forum, I am really interested in using this venue for my wedding but I'm not sure we are quite ready to make a deposit. My concern is how far it needs to be booked in advance. I would really LOVE to do a holiday weekend for guest convenience but it looks like those dates are reserved years in advance. Anyone have any advice on how far out to contact Mayte to try to book for a holiday weekend or any weekend?

Really appreciate it! 

Thanks! 

Does anyone know of a contact for group reservations at the Melia? We are leaning towards staying there since it is right next to Jellyfish, but wanted to see if anyone was able to book a welcome dinner there (30-40 people max) that was included with the all-inclusive and not at the buffet.

Any other pros and cons on the resort would be amazing as well!

Thank you!!

Jellyfish seems to be getting more popular and books fast so i would contact them ASAP if u are interested. It also helps to be flexible with the date.

Sent my deposit and got confirmation email my date is confirmed!! What a relief, I was worried until I got it in writing my date is mine!!

I finally got a response from Jellyfish! I am so excited!
Did you get the date you wanted? I hope so! I remember my first response from mayte. My fiance and and I are ridiculously happy.

Hello ladies! So after reading every page of this forum, I am really interested in using this venue for my wedding but I'm not sure we are quite ready to make a deposit. My concern is how far it needs to be booked in advance. I would really LOVE to do a holiday weekend for guest convenience but it looks like those dates are reserved years in advance. Anyone have any advice on how far out to contact Mayte to try to book for a holiday weekend or any weekend? Really appreciate it!  Thanks! 
I think it's hard to say how far you have to book in advance. Your best bet is just to get in touch with mayte. Since there is a ton of demand for jellyfish and off-resort weddings in general however, since I started my search I've noticed that more and more area restaurants are taking on weddings. I remember looking into kukua beach club and a few other beach front restaurants like soles chill out bar and huracan cafe as alternatives. We even decided to host a welcome cocktail at huracan cafe. If you have a strict timeline, exploring these options might be worthwhile.

Originally Posted by kimberlyraem4 View Post

Just Booked My Date at the JF!!! May 8th 2014- Just so excited. Satying at the BBPD- but after 3 months of no response from the Wedding Coordinator I decided to look else where... And I found this amazing place! talk about love at first sight :) Hoping Katya Nova is going to be there taking pictures??? Hint hint :) For all who have gotten married there already can I get some do's and don'ts? Maybe some I would haves or it was a waste of my time/money to....?????? I really want to shave some $$$ off, but dont know where to start :(

Thanks!

Hey Kimberly! 

Congrats on locking in the date - that's the hardest part, hehe!! 

I'm so happy to tell you we're still available for your Big Day on May 8th and would be honoured to document your love! smile123.gif

I'll send you a PM with details in a minute. 

As for 'saving money' DO'S & DON'TS off the top of my head... 

- don't bother paying extra for making the restaurant 'private'. if customers do come to have dinner, they are all directed upstairs. you won't see or hear them. as for the lower level, as long as you don't get married on a sunday, there won't be enough people on the beach to make you uncomfortable. if any onlookers do trickle in, Rob & I (or hopefully one of your guests) is really good at asking them to leave or back away, especially during the ceremony. i think this is a really big money-saver. 

- the basic dinner option is really awesome. once you get to the restaurant for your tasting, ask Mayte for ways to save and still have abundance of awesomeness, she's really good with that. 

- don't bother with fresh flowers if you want to save, they are really expensive in DR because everything is imported. Mayte is amazing at creating stunning centrepieces without fresh flowers. 

Honestly, when Rob & I got married at Jellyfish a little over a year ago, we were surprised how reasonable everything was. We didn't cut corners anywhere really and the wedding was the same cost than it would've been at the resort... except SO much better! 

Have you seen this? http://www.katyanovablog.com/punta-cana-bride-jellyfish-dreams-review/ (hope it will be helpful!)

Hugs from sunny Punta Cana! 

K+R. 

Originally Posted by Meg87 View Post

Hello ladies! So after reading every page of this forum, I am really interested in using this venue for my wedding but I'm not sure we are quite ready to make a deposit. My concern is how far it needs to be booked in advance. I would really LOVE to do a holiday weekend for guest convenience but it looks like those dates are reserved years in advance. Anyone have any advice on how far out to contact Mayte to try to book for a holiday weekend or any weekend?

Really appreciate it! 

Thanks! 

Hey Meg! 

First things first - you should email Mayte and send her a list of approximate dates so that she can get back to you with availability of the restaurant. Many dates are indeed booked well into 2015, but there are some that are still open. 

Another amazing venue nearby that just started doing weddings is Huracan restaurant, more on that here:

http://www.katyanovablog.com/huracan-cafe-punta-cana-wedding-alexandra-tyler/ 

HUGS, 

K

Originally Posted by blueskadoobob View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shara1984 View Post

I finally got a response from Jellyfish! I am so excited!

Did you get the date you wanted? I hope so! I remember my first response from mayte. My fiance and and I are ridiculously happy.

No, I didn't but I got the day after which is fine with me. Time to start planning and saving shots.gif lol