Jump to content

Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant


  • Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#891 AshTooner

AshTooner
  • Newbie
  • 33 posts

    Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

    Hi Lande08!

     

    Our wedding date is February 20th, 2013 at Dreams Palm Beach, and we are planning to have our reception at Jellyfish!  I am a little worried though because our invitation proof will be ready this coming Monday and I have listed Jellyfish as our reception site, however, Mayte still has not written me back with all the information I require to make a deposit to secure our date.  She did however, confirm via email that our date was blocked off.  I hope this is good enough?  How long did it take her to get back to you with the deposit information?

     

    Thanks!  And happy wedding planning!



    #892 venus909

    venus909
    • Jr. Member
    • 328 posts

      Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:23 AM


      It does sometimes take a while to get the deposit in and confirmed.  But is she secured your date via email you should be more than ok. I know the last few weeks she has been super busy and slower at responding.
       

      Originally Posted by AshTooner 

      Hi Lande08!

       

      Our wedding date is February 20th, 2013 at Dreams Palm Beach, and we are planning to have our reception at Jellyfish!  I am a little worried though because our invitation proof will be ready this coming Monday and I have listed Jellyfish as our reception site, however, Mayte still has not written me back with all the information I require to make a deposit to secure our date.  She did however, confirm via email that our date was blocked off.  I hope this is good enough?  How long did it take her to get back to you with the deposit information?

       

      Thanks!  And happy wedding planning!



       



      #893 venus909

      venus909
      • Jr. Member
      • 328 posts

        Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

        Hi Ladies... Two things.....

         

        If you are ordering flowers from Mayte's florist, are you waiting till you get to the Jellyfish to get them?  I know we are planning on taking pictures at the resort before going to the Jellyfish, and I don't know if I would want to take those pics without my flowers....  Just curious what everyone else is doing or did.

         

        Also, I noticed that the majority of brides have are staying at ME...  I debated between ME and Melia for my resort and ended up going with Melia... now I'm worried that I made the wrong choice...Based on some of the not so great reviews on Trip advisor, and the lack of hearing from/about brides picking Melia I'm starting to get nervous...  Does anyone have any experience with Melia?



        #894 cnd29

        cnd29
        • Newbie
        • 132 posts

          Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:01 AM


          I recently was in your same position.  It took a really long time (over a month) to get my quote back from Mayte and be able to send the deposit.  She assured me in at least 3 prior emails that the date was mine and no one else's.  It still made me extremely nervous that I hadn't sent her a deposit and I ran out of time and had to get my invitations out.  In reading through this thread, it seemed like not all past brides even sent a deposit at all and everything went just fine.  I think you just have to trust that if she said the date is yours that it is, then be patient and let everything else fall into place over time...
           

          Originally Posted by AshTooner 

          Hi Lande08!

           

          Our wedding date is February 20th, 2013 at Dreams Palm Beach, and we are planning to have our reception at Jellyfish!  I am a little worried though because our invitation proof will be ready this coming Monday and I have listed Jellyfish as our reception site, however, Mayte still has not written me back with all the information I require to make a deposit to secure our date.  She did however, confirm via email that our date was blocked off.  I hope this is good enough?  How long did it take her to get back to you with the deposit information?

           

          Thanks!  And happy wedding planning!



           



          #895 CFK2013

          CFK2013
          • Newbie
          • 30 posts

            Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

            Totally agree - my wedding is in early February 2013 at the Jellyfish and it took her 2 weeks to respond to me at first. My suggestion is ask Mayte for the banking information and send her a deposit now (although it's not required, it made me feel better) and then work out an invoice on all the stuff you want later  - since this early on it's hard to know what your exact numbers will be! We gave a small deposit and she confirmed our date. I've sent her some ideas and she has answered questions for me but it has been slow the last couple of weeks. We just sent out our save the dates and I just got our first pre-invoice. But we probably won't finalize more details for a couple months. It's different doing a destination wedding, but this forum and the facebook page have really helped me calm my nerves! haha.



            #896 darcybride

            darcybride
            • Newbie
            • 16 posts

              Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:52 AM

              I just got the information for the deposit from Mayte.  I had to ask her a few times too.  I still don't know how much I'm supposed to send, but I have all of the banking info :)

               

              For those who are getting married early 2013 (my wedding in January 26), and have already gotten save the dates and invitations going, what resort did you pick?  I am having a hard time getting prices this early in the game, but I really want to send out save the dates and have our website ready to go with all the information my guests will need, including prices.

               

              Thanks All!

               

              Darcy



              #897 AshTooner

              AshTooner
              • Newbie
              • 33 posts

                Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

                Thanks so much ladies for all your help my answering my question about the deposit/holding my date, etc.

                 

                I heard back from Mayte yesterday and received our "pre-invoice".  I hope to be wiring her money on Monday.  Does anyone know what the average bank fees are for this in Canada?  I remember hearing a while ago about fees associated with wiring the USD to her.

                 

                 



                #898 AshTooner

                AshTooner
                • Newbie
                • 33 posts

                  Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

                  Darcybride,

                   

                  We will be staying at Dreams Palm Beach.  This resort came highly recommended to us by our wedding photographer, who is also having her own wedding at the same resort next month.  She has seen all of the resorts during her photo gigs and says that this one is her favorite for location, quality of service, food, etc.  It's about 15 minutes from Jellyfish.



                  #899 cinnagirl

                  cinnagirl
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 261 posts

                    Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

                    For TD Canada Trust, mine was a $30 fee. 

                    Originally Posted by AshTooner 

                    Thanks so much ladies for all your help my answering my question about the deposit/holding my date, etc.

                     

                    I heard back from Mayte yesterday and received our "pre-invoice".  I hope to be wiring her money on Monday.  Does anyone know what the average bank fees are for this in Canada?  I remember hearing a while ago about fees associated with wiring the USD to her.

                     

                     



                     



                    #900 cinnagirl

                    cinnagirl
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 261 posts

                      Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

                      We've chosen Dreams Palm Beach as our resort. Some family members went to a Dreams Resort in Mexico and they raved about it (and the one is super picky), so we knew it was a great resort line. 


                      We're actually getting quotes right now from our TA for our wedding in May 2013, as prices are available 14 months in advance (or so we've been told) for flight/resort packages. We ended up sending out our save the dates with just the wedding date and location. Once we get our quotes, we'll send out the invitations with travel booking info updated on our website. 
                       

                      Originally Posted by darcybride 

                      I just got the information for the deposit from Mayte.  I had to ask her a few times too.  I still don't know how much I'm supposed to send, but I have all of the banking info :)

                       

                      For those who are getting married early 2013 (my wedding in January 26), and have already gotten save the dates and invitations going, what resort did you pick?  I am having a hard time getting prices this early in the game, but I really want to send out save the dates and have our website ready to go with all the information my guests will need, including prices.

                       

                      Thanks All!

                       

                      Darcy



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users