Photo

Yellow Gold for him and White Gold for me??

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:11 AM

Okay girls!! So here is another ring question...

My FI hasn't decided for sure but he is really considering a yellow gold band for himself. My ring is white gold and I personally like that better than yellow gold. He trys on the white gold and he thinks it looks funny on him. I think i looks weird but I think more because neither of us is used to him with a ring on!

He tried on a yellow gold band and it actually seemed to mesh better with his fair complexion and light hair.

So the question is...is it wierd for him to have yellow gold and me have white gold??

#2 dragonfly

dragonfly
    • 1,820 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:25 AM

You could do what we did, Everton's band is yellow gold with a white gold strip in the middle, it is a really nice band.

Kelly~

#3 nat4crim

nat4crim
      • 163 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:38 AM

My E-ring is white gold and I intend on getting a white gold wedding band. We went shopping recently and yellow gold looks better on him so I think we will get him a yellow gold band. Nothing says your wedding bands have to match. I think its fine. The band should be what the person wants and looks best on them.

#4 michelle08

michelle08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,702 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:48 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by dragonfly
          You could do what we did, Everton's band is yellow gold with a white gold strip in the middle, it is a really nice band.

Kelly~
          Oh..that sounds nice...that way you get a touch of both...hmmm

#5 michelle08

michelle08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,702 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:49 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by nat4crim
            My E-ring is white gold and I intend on getting a white gold wedding band. We went shopping recently and yellow gold looks better on him so I think we will get him a yellow gold band. Nothing says your wedding bands have to match. I think its fine. The band should be what the person wants and looks best on them.
            That is exactly what i was wondering...Okay i feel better now that someone else is thinking of doing the same thing....

#6 michelle08

michelle08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,702 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:50 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by nat4crim
              Hey...I really like your logo with the starfish...did you make that?? It is so simple yet really nice....

#7 Fotini

Fotini
              • 131 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:43 AM

we actually wont even have matching rings, but I will have the yellow gold and jay will have a the white.

#8 Janet

Janet
                • VIP Member
                • 7,459 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:47 AM

My hubby also has a white gold band with a thin strip of yellow gold down the middle. It's very subtle. I'm trying to remember the name of the designer, because they had lots of two-toned rings...but I forget.

#9 michelle08

michelle08
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,702 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:47 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Fotini
                    we actually wont even have matching rings, but I will have the yellow gold and jay will have a the white.
                    reverse situation....I am easily influenced by other people...so I'm glad you guys think it's okay...I will let him know that I am okay with it now... :)

#10 NYJen

NYJen
                    • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:51 AM

That's the beauty of getting married these days - you can do whatever you want. There are no rules anymore. One option is that you can get the same ring in two different metals. If Brad likes the yellow gold and you like the white gold, then you can each get what you like. Another option is that you don't even have to get matching bands if you don't want. I want a plain platinum band to match my e-ring band. And since Brendan isn't a jewelry person at all, he may go with an Irish claddagh ring (in whatever metal he likes best.) The only thing that matters is that the two of you are happy with the rings you pick. That's it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users