60 replies to this topic

#31 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KAMEYER70
    The key to losing weight is to burn more calories than you take it. If you want to shred, stick with 1300 calories per day. Any less and you will start to burn muscle (very bad as muscle burns more calories when you are just sitting around). Good luck!
    Counting calories doesnt work for everyone.

#32 NYJen

NYJen
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:54 PM

Ok, I just checked my order and it WAS shipped. In fact, it's in route to my house right now. I was planning to start on August 1st (beginning of the new month) but I'm so excited, I may start tomorrow.

#33 leigh miller

leigh miller
      • 936 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:37 PM

i used to manage a few nutrisystem stores in kansas. this will work. just stick to it. no cheating. you will lose the weight. im thinking about doing it again. i need to lose about 30 lbs. i might do weight watchers instead though so i can feed my family what im eating too.

#34 NYJen

NYJen
        • 1,326 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:28 AM

So, I got my shipment last night and officially started Nutrisystem today. All the food is pantry food. No refridgerator or freezer foods. So a lot of it is "add water and microwave." I weighed myself this morning and I need to lose 47 pounds. YIKES!!!

I had scrammbled eggs for breakfast - it was actually pretty good. Then I had a banana for a morning snack and I plan to have a Mushroom Risotto for lunch and a pizza for dinner. They also gave me desserts so I can have a chocolate cookie later on. So far, so good. I'll let you know how it goes.

#35 Martha

Martha
          • VIP Member
          • 3,906 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:31 AM

Good luck!!!

#36 michelle08

michelle08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,702 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:38 AM

Good Luck...!!

#37 kpluse

kpluse
              • 64 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:57 AM

Here are my tips for losing weight (I was a Nutritional Science Major is school)

Keep your calorie intake to 1200 per day (Do not go below!)
                Excersise 30 - 45 minutes 6x per week (I would skip weights for now- sometimes they can add bulk if you are trying to slim down)
                Minimize processed carbs- the ones you do have make sure they are whole grain and before 4pm
                Protein it out at night
                Reduce Alcohol (when you do drink- keep it to low sugar drinks or a dry wine)
                Treat yourself 1x per week to an "eat" meal- this is kind of a cheat to let you have what you normally wouldn't (within reason) so you don't feel too deprived.

Guaranteed you will lose 3-4 lbs per week the first couple weeks, then 2 lbs per week following. Also, becuase this way it's more of a lifestyle change as opposed to a "diet"- it will help you keep the weight off.

Good Luck!!
                K.

#38 NYJen

NYJen
                • 1,326 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:39 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by kpluse
                  Here are my tips for losing weight (I was a Nutritional Science Major is school)

Keep your calorie intake to 1200 per day (Do not go below!)
                  Excersise 30 - 45 minutes 6x per week (I would skip weights for now- sometimes they can add bulk if you are trying to slim down)
                  Minimize processed carbs- the ones you do have make sure they are whole grain and before 4pm
                  Protein it out at night
                  Reduce Alcohol (when you do drink- keep it to low sugar drinks or a dry wine)
                  Treat yourself 1x per week to an "eat" meal- this is kind of a cheat to let you have what you normally wouldn't (within reason) so you don't feel too deprived.

Guaranteed you will lose 3-4 lbs per week the first couple weeks, then 2 lbs per week following. Also, becuase this way it's more of a lifestyle change as opposed to a "diet"- it will help you keep the weight off.

Good Luck!!
                  K.
                  Thanks for all your help and support ladies. Nutrisystem's mushroom risotto ROCKS!!!

#39 gkashmira

gkashmira
                  • 1,962 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:08 PM

YAY! Good luck, Jen!

K - thanks for your great tips!
                    Kashmira & Dan
                    Happily married since June 16, 2007
                    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#40 NYJen

NYJen
                    • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:31 PM

Ok, so I'm on Day #2 of Nutrisystem. Last night was a little tough. Brendan went out with a friend and I was so wiped out from my week, I just stayed home. Sitting around, watching TV and playing on the forum makes my hungry. But I was good.

Anyway, I weighed myself this morning and I was down 2 pounds already. I know this is only water weight, but it's still motivating. So because I was so motivated, I did 30 minutes on my treadmill. Then I made the Nutrisystem pancakes for breakfast with a banana on the side. SOOOO GOOD!!!! I actually got 3 pancakes out of the mix. And they were very good. Brendan was so surprised at how good they looked, that I think he's thinking of joining too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users