Photo

The official P90X Support Group!

• Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

#71 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

Just completed week 7, started week 8 which is recovery week and decided to do a week of Insanity instead (all intense cardio) in order to lean up a little.

#72 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
    • 712 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by KittenHeart
      Just completed week 7, started week 8 which is recovery week and decided to do a week of Insanity instead (all intense cardio) in order to lean up a little.
      I think we are gonna do Insanity after our 90 days of P90 to change things up a bit. Do you like it? Is it really hard?

#73 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
      • 3,103 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:17 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
        I think we are gonna do Insanity after our 90 days of P90 to change things up a bit. Do you like it? Is it really hard?
        Insanity is painful to me... I can't say that I like it because it makes me hurt in a bad way, P90X pain feels better to me but I needed to change it up.

If you like cardio a LOT, Insanity is definitely for you :) It's pretty intense, I always am dripping with sweat and feel like my heart is going to explode, haha!

#74 chipotle99

chipotle99
        • 311 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:42 PM

Is insanity worse than plyometrics? uggggh...plyo kicked my butt today...came thiiiiiiis close to throwing up

#75 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
          • 3,103 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:32 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by chipotle99
            Is insanity worse than plyometrics? uggggh...plyo kicked my butt today...came thiiiiiiis close to throwing up
            Much worse than Plyo!!! I can do Plyo no problem, I've had a headache all day from Insanity last night and I'm sore

#76 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
            • 2,754 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:49 AM

So I did yoga for the first time yesterday. Going into it I thought it would be a little easier since I am somewhat flexible, but holy moly!! I was toppling all over the place. Hopefully after a few weeks I'll be able to hold my legs up as high as some of those people in that standing split!

#77 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
              • 712 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by KittenHeart
                Much worse than Plyo!!! I can do Plyo no problem, I've had a headache all day from Insanity last night and I'm sore
                So I did yoga for the first time yesterday. Going into it I thought it would be a little easier since I am somewhat flexible, but holy moly!! I was toppling all over the place. Hopefully after a few weeks I'll be able to hold my legs up as high as some of those people in that standing split!
                That girl in red is insane, and the guys are more flexible than I am! lol

#78 McToasty

McToasty
                • 170 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

Did the Fit test today for Insanity. Was thinking, "eh. who needs a fit test." LOL. lucky i did it. it serves as a warning for what is to come. Hoping to be committed enough to do it in 60 days. What about you all? Do you really do it every day? What time do you find works best for you?

#79 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
                  • 2,754 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

What do you have to do for the Insanity fit test? I'm only on Week 2 of P90X and I've been able to keep up with it so far. I pop it in when I get home from work...I look forward to the stress relief.

So far I think the chocolate milk works! I still wake up sore (which is a good thing) the next morning but I really do think it is saving me from complete misery. I mix approx 4 tablespoons of Ovaltine powder in 8oz of skim milk after my workouts.

#80 McToasty

McToasty
                    • 170 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:15 AM

What is this i keep hearing about choco milk after workouts i've never heard of it before but seems like it's quite popular! MMM... i love ovaltine. if that's good for post-workout drinks, i'm in!

The Fit Test... i don't even remember what he makes you do. It felt hard than plyo tho. i loved plyo in P90x. Today i'll be doing the 3rd session (2nd, technically, if you don't count fit test). I'm not looking forward to tmw tho. it's the one that's 80 minutes long!!! i can't even do 40! ><

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users