Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#391 JennW818

JennW818
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:15 AM

I got mine now as well.  Her assistant replied.  What are you doing for your rehearsal dinners? Are you inviting everyone or just the wedding party?  Private event or one of the restaurants?

Originally Posted by CynLovesLuis 

Yup, that's how I got my WC email information too....

Jenn & Len - May 13, 2011 Moon Palace http://www.theweddin.../33762.png'></a>

#392 CynLovesLuis

CynLovesLuis
    • Banned
    • 223 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:46 AM

Only the wedding party but plus their spouses,, but will be doing a welcome party for everyone... and it looks like I'm a little over the limit to have the rehearsal dinner at Arrecifes (which is what I prefer)...so may end up needing to do a private event...which shouldn't be too big of a deal as long as I qualify for the unlimited...

Originally Posted by JennW818 

I got mine now as well.  Her assistant replied.  What are you doing for your rehearsal dinners? Are you inviting everyone or just the wedding party?  Private event or one of the restaurants?

#393 JennW818

JennW818
      • 267 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

Are you going to reserve the welcome party and rehearsal dinner or wait until you get there.  I'm not sure what to do about that.  I think I will qualify for the unlimited events, but I'm nervous I won't.  I guess I should just wait to plan those.

Originally Posted by CynLovesLuis 

Only the wedding party but plus their spouses,, but will be doing a welcome party for everyone... and it looks like I'm a little over the limit to have the rehearsal dinner at Arrecifes (which is what I prefer)...so may end up needing to do a private event...which shouldn't be too big of a deal as long as I qualify for the unlimited...

#394 cgeris

cgeris
        • 159 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:54 PM

Hi! I am also getting married on 2/19/11 at mp! That's so exciting! Just wondering where you are in your planning process- the MP wedding coordinator finally just contacted us this week! We've been waiting so long to get started with the planning!

#395 CynLovesLuis

CynLovesLuis
          • Banned
          • 223 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

I plan on reserving those as soon as they let me. If it's going to be able to be reserved without any deposit or something likek that, then definitely asap. I'm so paranoid... but i sent some questions to my WC a few ago and she hasn't answered those yet. And I don't want to overwhelm her

Are you going to reserve the welcome party and rehearsal dinner or wait until you get there.  I'm not sure what to do about that.  I think I will qualify for the unlimited events, but I'm nervous I won't.  I guess I should just wait to plan those.

#396 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
            • 1,917 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:25 PM

I reserved Bugambilias Gazebo for the ceremony and Bugambilias Terrace for the cocktails and reception dinner. I figure if we don't reach the 75 nights I can always just move the dinner somewhere else. I want the dinner to be held at the Moonlight Terrace because it is right outside my parents' room, but it is booked. SO hopefully, it opens up and we can move there. Once our numbers get higher and more definite I will probably book more private events. I figure it's better to reserve and cancel instead of end up with somewhere we don't want.

#397 Blue&StarfishBride

Blue&StarfishBride
              • 52 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:48 PM

Funny enough the traditions for the rehearsal dinner-- is all out of town guests, immediate family and wedding party, well everyone falls into that :) we will be hold the "rehearsal" prior to dinner and then a fun and bright mexican fiesta!

131 guests booked and 54 rooms... Cancun here we come!

June 24, 2011

#398 JennW818

JennW818
                • 267 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:35 AM

That's what I originally thought too.  I thought it might be rude to have just immediate family and the wedding party.  At the same time, I don't want people to feel obligated to adhere to an agenda.  Most of my guest are only going 4 nights.  I was thinking I would have a welcome cocktail hour on Wednesday, the rehearsal on Thursday and the wedding is on Friday.  So now I'm thinking that might be too much to expect everyone to go. 

Originally Posted by Blue&StarfishBride 

Funny enough the traditions for the rehearsal dinner-- is all out of town guests, immediate family and wedding party, well everyone falls into that :) we will be hold the "rehearsal" prior to dinner and then a fun and bright mexican fiesta!

#399 NA2015

NA2015
                  • 170 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:41 AM

I am getting married at MP in August 26, 2011 at 6pm... Me and my fiance are super excited. We fell in love with the resort and ALL the amenties. Our guests can't wait.

#400 skadow

skadow
                    • Banned
                    • 1,853 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:50 AM

I am worried about that too. I want to invite everyone to everything but I don't want them to feel like I am taking up their whole vacation. I recently went to a wedding in Montana and EVERY min was planned, and I never got to sleep in. I was soooo pissed.

I am going to add a note in my welcome brochure that while everyone is invite to attend all events. No events are manitory, come and go as you please =)

Plus we are doing a Welcome Dinner on Thursday

Wedding On Friday

Brunch On Saturday.

That could take up someones whole weekend. Especally if they have never been to the area before and want to do tours.

Originally Posted by Blue&StarfishBride 

That's what I originally thought too.  I thought it might be rude to have just immediate family and the wedding party.  At the same time, I don't want people to feel obligated to adhere to an agenda.  Most of my guest are only going 4 nights.  I was thinking I would have a welcome cocktail hour on Wednesday, the rehearsal on Thursday and the wedding is on Friday.  So now I'm thinking that might be too much to expect everyone to go. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users