Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#2321 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
  • Member
  • 675 posts

    Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

    Hi Ladies!

     

    So, I am starting to research where I want my locations for the wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.

     

    What are you all liking, picking, etc.... and why!  Sometimes it gets confusing, because the resort is so big.

     

    I like Tucan gazebo, Venando Terrace, but not sure if they are remotely close....I am going to try to get MP to book them for me, since I know so many of you ladies already have!!!

     

    Thank you everyone!!!  :)



    #2322 Jamie5280

    Jamie5280
    • Member
    • 675 posts

      Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:58 AM

      I am not married yet, but we are using an I-pod for sure, not matter how many people we have, but we may have just as many as you....  Not sure you can have DJ in a restaurant anyways...

       

      As for a photog, I know I have to purchase a room for him and his assistant.  But we are getting married in 2012, so you may want to check you contract.  They are definitely trying to do away with a day pass.  A bride (a few posts up) is there right now and said she paid $300 + 88/pp for her photogs to be at MP.  So, it's a little cheaper to do a room...

       

      Hope that helps!
       

      Originally Posted by Kristibear 

      I need advice ladies.  So the wedding is quickly approaching and it's definately time to make some decisions.  First off we will be having about 20-25 people attending.  I am contemplating whether or not to have a DJ or just do the Ipod setup since we are planning on just having a dinner instead of a full blown reception.  I figured we could all go over to the Discotech place afterwards to continue celebrating.  Thoughts???

       

      Also, I am using an outside photographer.  I was under the impression that I could just purchase a day pass for him.  Is that still correct?

       

      Lastly, does anyone know if the videographer that works for MP offers live streaming video. I wanted to look into that for friends and family to see the wedding live. 

       

      Any advice is greatly appreciated!



       

      Attached Files



      #2323 erinandchad

      erinandchad
      • Newbie
      • 11 posts

        Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

        We're getting married October 15 and I have an email from Michele Farinas (Miami office) saying we need to book a room for our outside photographer. So that is what we did. I was originally under the impression that a day pass would work fine, but apparently that's not the case. They seem to be inconsistent about this policy from bride to bride which is disappointing.
         

        Originally Posted by Kristibear 

        I need advice ladies.  So the wedding is quickly approaching and it's definately time to make some decisions.  First off we will be having about 20-25 people attending.  I am contemplating whether or not to have a DJ or just do the Ipod setup since we are planning on just having a dinner instead of a full blown reception.  I figured we could all go over to the Discotech place afterwards to continue celebrating.  Thoughts???

         

        Also, I am using an outside photographer.  I was under the impression that I could just purchase a day pass for him.  Is that still correct?

         

        Lastly, does anyone know if the videographer that works for MP offers live streaming video. I wanted to look into that for friends and family to see the wedding live. 

         

        Any advice is greatly appreciated!



         



        #2324 jcoke

        jcoke
        • Newbie
        • 39 posts

          Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:18 AM

          Hi ladies,

           

          I also had some serious fears about my hair and make-up.  With me being an African American bride I was really concerned because not everyone knows how to work with our hair and skin.  But based on the recommendation of Terpgurl I went with Doris and she did a WONDERFUL JOB.  I would totally recommend her to any of the brides out there. 

           

          Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post

          Jamie5280, I used the salon at the Moon Palace and had the best experience. I loved my hair and makeup and I was skeptical about makeup b/c I always feel drag queenish after but I really thought Doris at the NIzuc salon did the most AMAZING job. If you pm your email, I can share some pics with you.

           



           



          Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

          Hi ladies!!!

           

          I am having a difficult time deciding what to do for hair and make-up.  I was hoping for those of you who have married at Moon Palace and used their salon to get hair and make-up done, if you could give me your honest opinions those services.  Possibly some pix as well....I have heard mixed reviews on Moon Palace's salons service.

           

          I want to use an outside person, but I don't know if I can justify the cost plus the cost of the day passes for them. 

           

          Thanks!!! :)



           



          #2325 jcoke

          jcoke
          • Newbie
          • 39 posts

            Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

            I had my wedding at 3pm on the Tucan beach and my cockatil and reception immediately follwed on the Tucan terrace.  I will say at 3pm it was HOT!  We had fans for our guests so that helped a little.  I wanted my guests to be comfortable as well but I knew I wanted to be married on the beach.  But by the time the reception started it really starts to cool down.  The evenings are lovely on the resort and your guests should be comfortable.  My only wish was that I would've changed my ceremony time to 4pm but that time was already booked. 

             

            Originally Posted by onourway View Post

            Ok. So we decided to do the tucan gazebo and still have the reception on the tucan terrace. We think by 6 it should be cool enough for the buffet. The cocktail hour is by the gazebo outside and may still be a point of contention. I just couldn't imagine being inside!!
            Btw, all the ladies with outside photographers, we just paid 300 plus 88 a photographer for them to come onsite. It still says we can't have them in the paperwork but then the next sentence is the prices for if we bring them. Go figure
            The other thing I wasn't ready for was what song is played when my bridesmaids walk down compared to my song. I could just be behind on the wedding requirements, but I figured I could't be the only one. Also, what order they will walk down.


             



            #2326 jcoke

            jcoke
            • Newbie
            • 39 posts

              Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:37 AM

              I would say that this is something that you shouldn't start to worry about.  1. Its too early and even though folks are telling you that they are coming, by the time it's actually time to book many of those folks will back out.  2. On my website I told my guests that if they planned on staying off the resort that they needed to inform me asap because there is a limit to the amount of day passes that the hotel will give out and anything over that limit they would not be allowed on the resort. So the passes would be based on a first come first serve basis. And even though people say they will pay for it I would not trust them.  They don't come on the resort and actually pay the $88, it gets applied to your final bill.  So if someone happpens to "forget" to give you the money you're stuck.  I had 72 people at my wedding and fortunately we only had 1 guest stay off resort so we only had to pay for them to come to our rehearsal dinner and wedding. 

               

              Originally Posted by leenancy View Post

              Hi everyone! Can anyone tell me how strick MP is about the 20% guest passes thing? I sent out my STDs a few weeks ago and I'm starting to hear that some of our guests are booking other resorts and just purchase wedding day passes, which is fine with me if it will save them money but I'm now worried more than 20% of my guests will be at other resorts as I know at least 7 or 9 guests have told me they are using timeshares. They are all fine with purchasing their own guest passes, but I would hate to think I can't get these people into my wedding  Can anyone share their experiences or give any advice? I am also thinking of putting something on my website that tells guests they need to book at MP, but I don't want to push too much and require it. Any advice on how I should word it? Thanks so much.



               



              #2327 Kristibear

              Kristibear
              • Newbie
              • 63 posts

                Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:39 AM


                Thank you Jamie.  Are you planning on having someone start and stop your songs for the wedding if you use the ipod set up?  Are you planning on doing a reception or just a dinner?
                 

                Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

                I am not married yet, but we are using an I-pod for sure, not matter how many people we have, but we may have just as many as you....  Not sure you can have DJ in a restaurant anyways...

                 

                As for a photog, I know I have to purchase a room for him and his assistant.  But we are getting married in 2012, so you may want to check you contract.  They are definitely trying to do away with a day pass.  A bride (a few posts up) is there right now and said she paid $300 + 88/pp for her photogs to be at MP.  So, it's a little cheaper to do a room...

                 

                Hope that helps! 

                 



                 



                #2328 Kristibear

                Kristibear
                • Newbie
                • 63 posts

                  Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:42 AM

                  Uggggghhhhhh! If that's what they require I guess that's what we'll have to do.  My photographer lives locally and it seems crazy to rent him a room.  I don't understand why the $88.00 wasn't enough for them.  Thank you for your help, I just feel so nickel and dimed by them

                   

                  Originally Posted by erinandchad 

                  We're getting married October 15 and I have an email from Michele Farinas (Miami office) saying we need to book a room for our outside photographer. So that is what we did. I was originally under the impression that a day pass would work fine, but apparently that's not the case. They seem to be inconsistent about this policy from bride to bride which is disappointing. 

                   



                   



                  #2329 Jamie5280

                  Jamie5280
                  • Member
                  • 675 posts

                    Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

                    I believe even with an I-pod we still need to rent speakers and a technician for like $400 or so (don't mark my words on that, though). With that said, I believe the technician will start and stop your songs for you.

                     

                    As for a reception...It honestly depends on how many book.  I want a reception, but if we only have 20-25 we may opt for the dinner option and maybe extend cocktail hour????  Not sure.  We just sent our STD's, so we have a ways before we know the # of guests coming.

                     

                    How soon is your wedding???
                     

                    Originally Posted by Kristibear 

                    Thank you Jamie.  Are you planning on having someone start and stop your songs for the wedding if you use the ipod set up?  Are you planning on doing a reception or just a dinner? 

                     



                     



                    #2330 coconoir1908

                    coconoir1908
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,136 posts

                      Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:06 PM


                      jcoke,

                       

                      Do you  have any wedding photos of your make-up that you would be willing to post?  Thanks so much

                      Originally Posted by jcoke 

                      Hi ladies,

                       

                      I also had some serious fears about my hair and make-up.  With me being an African American bride I was really concerned because not everyone knows how to work with our hair and skin.  But based on the recommendation of Terpgurl I went with Doris and she did a WONDERFUL JOB.  I would totally recommend her to any of the brides out there.  

                       

                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users