At this point they are trying deny me the 7 nights comp stay that i would be earning and saying that they won't apply it to my honeymoon unless I pay first.

WHICH IS COMPLETELY NOT what was told to me. they said I didn't have to do the refund thing and they would just pay ahead for me once I earn the 75 room nights.

They also originally told me that I could split it between two resorts...NOW I can't. And I need 2 nights at MP and 5 at Sun palace. When I told them that I'd pay for the 2 ahead for MP and just credit the 5 for my honeymoon...they are saying I have to pay the 5 nights at Sun Palace, then I get a check 6-8weks later...and also I asked them to send me the other 2 nights worth in the mail... and NO, I don't get the other 2 nights refunded to me.

girl_werewolf.gif

All of the information about wedding group benefits on the palace resorts website state that you will receive a refund for the 7 comp nights for bride and groom POST TRAVEL. Meaning you have to pay for your stay, and they send you a check 1-2 months after you return home. I wonder why the Miami office would tell you otherwise? After initially contacting the Miami office and not being pleased with the Miami coordinator Michelle Farinas, we decided to immediately hire a travel agent, and she deals with the Miami office, and has been great!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You don't like Michelle?  I haven't had any problems- what problems did you have with her?

Originally Posted by mpweddingplan View Post

All of the information about wedding group benefits on the palace resorts website state that you will receive a refund for the 7 comp nights for bride and groom POST TRAVEL. Meaning you have to pay for your stay, and they send you a check 1-2 months after you return home. I wonder why the Miami office would tell you otherwise?

After initially contacting the Miami office and not being pleased with the Miami coordinator Michelle Farinas, we decided to immediately hire a travel agent, and she deals with the Miami office, and has been great!

I haven't had any real big problems with Michelle either, and I don't get married until next April, but she gave me access to an onsite lady since I have been asking really explicit questions about the packages and flowers and EVERYTHING that she can't answer.

Yeah I knew that and when I asked if I can use the comp nights for honeymoon...this employee there (no longer there now) said yeah definitely, it could just be applied to honeymoons and I wouldn't have to do the whole pay ahead and get refunded. Though I showed email proof of this and proof that they said they would honor that- they are trying to go back on their word. Im so so so so frustrated. I leave in 20 days and according to Miami have NO honeymoon though I made these plans in October!!!!!!!

All of the information about wedding group benefits on the palace resorts website state that you will receive a refund for the 7 comp nights for bride and groom POST TRAVEL. Meaning you have to pay for your stay, and they send you a check 1-2 months after you return home. I wonder why the Miami office would tell you otherwise?

After initially contacting the Miami office and not being pleased with the Miami coordinator Michelle Farinas, we decided to immediately hire a travel agent, and she deals with the Miami office, and has been great!

You don't like Michelle?  I haven't had any problems- what problems did you have with her?

First off, she took forever to give me a response about anything. I know this is normal, but it's still not acceptable. Second, she quoted me room rates that were actually higher than what was available from the palace resorts website. I am bringing 80-130 'customers' to the resort for them, and they were not giving me a break on the rate. (Our Travel Agent was able to beat Michelles quote by $30 per person per night). Third, she absolutely refused to make any changes to our wedding contract. Fourth, she refused to give me contact information for our on site WC. I understand they don't usually contact you until 60-90 days before the wedding, but I was not willing to wait that long and let our locations get booked by someone else. I told her I was ready to book private events and pay deposits, and she would not let me. (We flew to moon palace, requested a meeting with an on site wedding coordinator, and booked ALL our locations while at the weddings department at the resort). Fifth, she would not promise me the resort credit vacation dollars promotion in our package. She told me that it only ran through Dec 2011 and could not guarantee it would be available to us. (Our travel agent wrote it into our contract and guaranteed it) There were more issues I had to deal with when initially working with Michelle. Now, our travel agent (who we found from this forum) handles all the issues with the Miami office.

She did???  So did you book your locations?  I've asked twice, but she keeps telling me she can't give me the info til 3 months out.  I haven't been pushy about it- I was going to wait a bit and ask again.

Originally Posted by merrylee View Post

I haven't had any real big problems with Michelle either, and I don't get married until next April, but she gave me access to an onsite lady since I have been asking really explicit questions about the packages and flowers and EVERYTHING that she can't answer.

Wow, I'm surprised- she responds to my emails within hours during the day. She won't give me the info to book my locations either and I'm getting nervous- I don't want the places booked already!

First off, she took forever to give me a response about anything. I know this is normal, but it's still not acceptable.

Second, she quoted me room rates that were actually higher than what was available from the palace resorts website. I am bringing 80-130 'customers' to the resort for them, and they were not giving me a break on the rate. (Our Travel Agent was able to beat Michelles quote by $30 per person per night).

Third, she absolutely refused to make any changes to our wedding contract.

Fourth, she refused to give me contact information for our on site WC. I understand they don't usually contact you until 60-90 days before the wedding, but I was not willing to wait that long and let our locations get booked by someone else. I told her I was ready to book private events and pay deposits, and she would not let me. (We flew to moon palace, requested a meeting with an on site wedding coordinator, and booked ALL our locations while at the weddings department at the resort).

Fifth, she would not promise me the resort credit vacation dollars promotion in our package. She told me that it only ran through Dec 2011 and could not guarantee it would be available to us. (Our travel agent wrote it into our contract and guaranteed it)

There were more issues I had to deal with when initially working with Michelle. Now, our travel agent (who we found from this forum) handles all the issues with the Miami office.

Yeah I knew that and when I asked if I can use the comp nights for honeymoon...this employee there (no longer there now) said yeah definitely, it could just be applied to honeymoons and I wouldn't have to do the whole pay ahead and get refunded. Though I showed email proof of this and proof that they said they would honor that- they are trying to go back on their word. Im so so so so frustrated. I leave in 20 days and according to Miami have NO honeymoon though I made these plans in October!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that. This is a big issue with moon palace contacts. One person tells you one thing, another person tells you the exact opposite, and the Miami office tells you a third. You never really know what you are allowed to do, and what you aren't. You need to get everything in writing twice and keep copies. I scheduled an appointment for a meeting with an on-site wedding coordinator during our site visit. When we arrived at the weddings department, they had NO record of us even having an appointment. Luckily, I had the confirmation letter of the scheduled appointment. They looked shocked when I showed them the confirmation. Just an example of how un-organized everyone is there. You really have to keep track of everything yourself.

We worked with a travel agent who worked through Apple Vacations. We had to pay a hefty deposit for our room block, but she got our money refunded plus the 7 nights stay right around the time we left for Cancun. So we were out many extra thousand $$ for a while, but again, got it back before the wedding...

We worked with a travel agent who worked through Apple Vacations. We had to pay a hefty deposit for our room block, but she got our money refunded plus the 7 nights stay right around the time we left for Cancun. So we were out many extra thousand $$ for a while, but again, got it back before the wedding...

Yes, and it usually works like that with a travel agent. Our travel agent has agreed to refund us our comped nights when the rooms blocked get dropped, about 60 days before the wedding. But it doesn't work like that if you set up your room block directly through palace resorts. In that case, they refund your comped room nights post travel by mailing a check weeks after your wedding.