Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#1721 rae12vb

rae12vb
  • Jr. Member
  • 168 posts

    Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

    Okay Ladies the date is RAPIDLY approaching (August 23)!!

    I am sooooo behind!

    We STILL don't have our plane tickets.

    We have no decor.

    I have no photographer booked. ( I'd really like to hire La Luna but they're still pretty pricy compared to the resort photographer.)

    We only have 4 RSVPs back that say YES!

     

    I'm so frustrated!  I hope this all comes together and I don' tknow what I even need to do first!

     

    Just venting!


    Getting Married at Moon Palace 8-23-11!!!


    #1722 mochamakes3

    mochamakes3
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,917 posts

      Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:33 PM



      Originally Posted by kris10kay 

      Does anyone know if I were to order koozies for my guests, which kind I should get? They offer regular can koozies and also plastic cup koozies.


      The only cans are the ones from the in-room bar. Drinks from the bars and waitresses are served in small plastic cups. I saw a few people with bubba kegs, but I'm not sure how they got filled. We pretty much hung out right at the bars so we didn't have trouble getting fresh, cold drinks every couple of minutes. It also allowed us to do the "around the world" tour when we would either start at the top or bottom of the drink list and work our way to the other end. Mmmm.... electric lemonade.

       



      Originally Posted by JLR1726 

      Congrats to all the newly married ladies!!

       

      Does anyone know if airport transfers are included? I could have sworn that I read on here somehwere that they were included. My TA is charging everyone $10 to an from the airport. I guess I think this is ridiculous because I thought it was included.

       

      Did anyone else have this problem or know what I need to do to fix it?

       

      thanks!!

       

      -Jessica


      It all depends on how you booked. For members that book 7 nights, transfers are included. Everyone else had to pay $26 pp round trip. Some people that booked with TA's had their transfers included.

       



      Originally Posted by rae12vb 

      Okay Ladies the date is RAPIDLY approaching (August 23)!!

      I am sooooo behind!

      We STILL don't have our plane tickets.

      We have no decor.

      I have no photographer booked. ( I'd really like to hire La Luna but they're still pretty pricy compared to the resort photographer.)

      We only have 4 RSVPs back that say YES!

       

      I'm so frustrated!  I hope this all comes together and I don' tknow what I even need to do first!

       

      Just venting!


      Do you have any decor ideas or colors? Make sure you compare picture quality and not just price. Smile Market (resort) does nice pictures but don't expect anything original. La Luna looks like they have a completely different style from what the resort would offer. I would focus on getting photography settled, because you don't want to miss out if they get booked by someone else.

       



      #1723 JLR1726

      JLR1726
      • Jr. Member
      • 187 posts

        Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

        thanks about the info for the transfers :)

         

        Did anyone have a problem with single guests booking with another single guest? my TA just told me that MP will only allow 1 credit card, per room for a deposit. so, if i have 2 strangers in a room they are telling me that only one person can put down their credit card and will have to pay for the deposit and work it out in the end with the other person. sorry if that is confusing.

         

        did this happen to anyone?

         

        thanks again!!!!

         

        - Jess



        #1724 SChica927

        SChica927
        • Jr. Member
        • 230 posts

          Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

          We were told the same thing, so we just had our guests work it out with each other...

           

          Also, each person's paying $10 each for their transfers.
           

          Originally Posted by JLR1726 

          thanks about the info for the transfers :)

           

          Did anyone have a problem with single guests booking with another single guest? my TA just told me that MP will only allow 1 credit card, per room for a deposit. so, if i have 2 strangers in a room they are telling me that only one person can put down their credit card and will have to pay for the deposit and work it out in the end with the other person. sorry if that is confusing.

           

          did this happen to anyone?

           

          thanks again!!!!

           

          - Jess



           



          #1725 SChica927

          SChica927
          • Jr. Member
          • 230 posts

            Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

            PS -- Congrats to all newlywed brides!! :)



            #1726 kjanda8

            kjanda8
            • Newbie
            • 28 posts

              Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:33 PM

              Finally!!!! It's been two weeks straight of me reading this post, so I can get all caught up to become an active bride on this forum!

               

              First, i'd like to thank all of you for this wealth of information, although this is my first time posting on this, I feel as though I know you ladies so well. Congratulations to those brides who have already gotten married at the Moon Palace this year. Your reviews are so helpful.

               

              Let me introduce myself - My name is Kelly, and I will be getting married at the Moon Palace on Dec 5, 2011. we just recently booked our wedding 2-3 weeks ago.

               

              Schica - I am an Indian Bride as well!!! I am so excited that I found you! I believe you mentioned that your wedding will be Nov 23. How long will you be there after your wedding? We will arrive in Cancun on Nov 30. It would be great to meet you.

               

              As I only booked the wedding a couple weeks ago, I have SO much planning to do still! I have a TA. We have booked out flights, but have not booked our rooms yet. We will be geting the unlimited events as I already have 65 people who have booked their flights.

               

              My Miami contact is Michelle, however, i have not talked to her at all. My TA is the only person I have been talking to, and she has been addressing all my questions.  I will find out who my WC is, as I would like to book my locations now.

               

              I am sooo excited to be part of this!  :)



              #1727 merrylee

              merrylee
              • Member
              • 687 posts

                Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

                Matt, I just love your work it's amazing, and how you are able to take a thought and make it a picture is breathtaking.  I envy all the Del Sol Brides.  And yes less is definitely more.  
                 

                Originally Posted by Matt Adcock 

                 

                NEWS FLASH.  If you hired a outside photographer at Moon Palace, please dismiss your "with the package" photographer for the wedding day... Its a conflict of interest to have that many photographers on the property and your photos will have backgrounds with wedding photographers from the hotel.   We had 5 guests yesterday at Moon Palace.   We provide 2 photographers.  Moon palace 1 video + 1 photo.    Wow,  4 photo / video crew is just overboard.   Don't let that happen to you :)

                 

                 

                I just love this quote:



                Thats what I"M TALKING ABOUT... love the optimism.  

                 

                We once shot a wedding where the client used the farmers almanac to choose the driest day of the year.... RAINED hard on their wedding day... I think that was April 17th or somewhere around there.    Being a pretty tropical climate, storms come and go and we have had very unpredictable conditions in the Riviera Maya... It just rained for 2 days, prior to that 4 -5 month drought.  seriously, no rain at all during that long time mostly all year long.

                 

                June - November are suppose to be the months with the most rain, who knows.   just know u can't control anything.

                 

                if it rains, enjoy it thorough your photos :)

                Keellin+John_W_0326.jpg



                 



                #1728 kris10kay

                kris10kay
                • Jr. Member
                • 194 posts

                  Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:51 AM

                  Rae Have you already picked your ceremony/cocktail hour/reception areas?  If not I would def. get on your guests to get those RSVP's in plus if you do want to buy Decor and bring it with you it gives you a good idea of how much to buy! Also with the photographers I did some research a few months back and found a few different photographers that were around $1200-1500 for 6 or 8 hours of coverage. If you can I would try to do to an internet search for someone in your price range (sorry I can't remember exactly who they were, I deleted all my e-mails on accident!!) Good luck with everything and try to relax your getting married in three months!! :)



                  #1729 rae12vb

                  rae12vb
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 168 posts

                    Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:52 AM


                    Who are you using for photography?

                    Originally Posted by kris10kay 

                    Rae Have you already picked your ceremony/cocktail hour/reception areas?  If not I would def. get on your guests to get those RSVP's in plus if you do want to buy Decor and bring it with you it gives you a good idea of how much to buy! Also with the photographers I did some research a few months back and found a few different photographers that were around $1200-1500 for 6 or 8 hours of coverage. If you can I would try to do to an internet search for someone in your price range (sorry I can't remember exactly who they were, I deleted all my e-mails on accident!!) Good luck with everything and try to relax your getting married in three months!! :)



                     


                    Getting Married at Moon Palace 8-23-11!!!


                    #1730 rae12vb

                    rae12vb
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 168 posts

                      Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:54 AM


                      There's really no way that we can rush the RSVPs.  It's unfortunate that people don't get them back on time.  I am guessing we're only going to have about 15 people so I'm not stressing too, too much.  I am not going to spend lots of money on a private event if there's just a handful of people.  I'd rather put all that money in our AHR.  

                       

                      Originally Posted by rae12vb 


                      Who are you using for photography?



                       



                       


                      Getting Married at Moon Palace 8-23-11!!!





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users