Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#1701 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
  • 710 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:55 AM

I've sent Marvin about 4 emails and still no reply. He was so prompt with getting back to me prior to that. I don't know what's wrong. We left off at Marvin sending me pic samples of my potential bouquet and my brides maids bouquets and table centerpieces. Once I approved, we would move forward with placing my order. Everything just came to a halt and I'm starting to get annoyed since my wedding is now 4 months away and would like to scratch one more thing off of my to do list. Please let me know if you ladies have any luck making contact and how. Thanks!

-Sheila

Originally Posted by Amara3CUS 

I'm having the same issue! I wrote to him mid May and still haven't received an email back. I sent him another email today andn I'll let you know if I hear anything back :(

#1702 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
    • 1,917 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:23 AM

Kris, here's a few pictures. There is some wind, but certainly not as much as the terraces that are right on the ocean. And the Grand Terrace is super windy too. We had a couple that went there for their concierge romantic dinner and then got moved inside because it was too windy.

Terrace set up behind us.

DSC_0261.JPG

Larger Group Setup

T.BUGAS.JPG

Empty Terrace

TERRAZA BUGAMBILIA.JPG

#1703 kyndall

kyndall
      • 151 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

Our wedding was at 5 and we had a cocktail hour and reception that was three hours at Tucan garden and Terrace.  The lighting that is already there is plenty.  

Originally Posted by kris10kay 

Question for any past brides. Our wedding is at 4 p.m. and we are planning to do a cocktail hour and possibly a reception but I am afraid of lighting issues. I have seen other pictures where people brought lights to hang but I really don't want to unless I have too. Did anyone have issues with it getting to dark?

#1704 jcoke

jcoke
        • 39 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

Thanks Kyndall, that's where i'm having my cocktail hour and reception and I was contemplating on getting extra lighting.  I guess if i did decide it would just be for the decor.  So was it windy?  I heard that the Tucan Terrace was very close to the beach. 

Originally Posted by kyndall 

Our wedding was at 5 and we had a cocktail hour and reception that was three hours at Tucan garden and Terrace.  The lighting that is already there is plenty.  

#1705 aholen

aholen
          • Site Supporter
          • 101 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

Oh no! I just looked at the 10 day forecast for Cancun (we fly out Wednesday), and it's t-storms and showers all the way through! :( Darnit!!

#1706 raulmaria 11

raulmaria 11
            • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

No need to worry.  I've been there in June and July and it might rain for a few minutes and as soon as it is over the bright sun is out.

I get married on July 9, 2011.  I have confirmed 89 guests and I'm getting a little too excited!

#1707 Terpgurl

Terpgurl
              • 164 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:26 PM

Hey Ladies, here's my wedding review: http://www.bestdesti...ve/reviews/4652 

It's long but I think I covered alot! There are all non pro pics. Ivan told me it will take about 2 months till I see my professional ones:-(

May 29th, 2011
                Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

#1708 Terpgurl

Terpgurl
                • 164 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:28 PM

Aholen, don't worrry, it said the same thing for my wedding week. Out of the 8 days, it rain 2 days and for like 10 minutes at most. Then the sun was shining and it dried up fast! Trust me, you have nothing to worry about. It rained when I was getting ready and I was panicked but then the rain brought cooler air which helped b/c I am a total sweater!

Originally Posted by aholen 

Oh no! I just looked at the 10 day forecast for Cancun (we fly out Wednesday), and it's t-storms and showers all the way through! :( Darnit!!

May 29th, 2011
                  Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

#1709 aholen

aholen
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 101 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

I just got off the phone with our wedding coordinator, and it turns out that if your cocktail hour is in a different location than your reception you'll have to pay 2x for sound equipment (or bring your own little speaker for the cocktail hour-which I can't imagine will work well if it's outdoors...) Assuming of course that you want music at both!

Something to think about!!

#1710 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
                    • 394 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:45 PM

We fly out Wednesday too.  The good news is, if you look at the forecast, there is a sun peaking out from behind the cloud and the lightening bolt.  That typically means that the rain is intermittent.  I'm stressing over so much now, I had to let go of the things I can't control.  I just feel really badly that our guests have kicked out so much money to make this trip just to get rained on.  I heard that the beaches are why people flock to Cancun in the first place.  It'll be lousy not to get that experience.

Originally Posted by aholen View Post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users