1. Totally up to you. I've heard the resort DJ's not great -- but someone else might be able to speak to this more. I've heard DJ Mannia and DJ Doremixx are really good, but they're outside vendors and are subject to the $500/day fee.
2. Yes, you can use your dollars towards photo and video.
3. Your room contract should outline that if you get a certain number of guests you get x free events... all of the events you listed count towards free events... I'm not sure how much it costs if it's not considered a Free event. I think I read $400 per table of 10 somewhere, but I'm not sure.
4. I've heard Real Touch Flowers are really good fake flowers...
5. Guests get resort credit depending on the length of their stay -- this should also be outlined in your room contract. Something like this: 3 nights = $500 credit, 4 nights = $750 credit, 5-8 nights = $1,500 credit, etc.
6. Make sure you read over your contract and question anything you don't like/agree with. I had a lot of changes to my document before I submitted and they agreed to pretty much all of them... For example, their website says that children under 4 are free but it didn't say that in my contract, so I had them add it in. I was super neurotic with my room contract...
7. No idea when the money's due or how payment works... I'm not there yet!
Hope this helps a little bit... you'll find awesome info on this website! Congrats again!
Originally Posted by rae12vb
I just booked our wedding at Moon Palace for August 23, 2011!
We are so excited!!
I am not sure how many of our guests are going to be able to make it down there but I am hoping that we get a good turn out.
I have a few questions after reading many of these threads.
1. If you want to dance and have a good time at the reception would you still choose the ipod dock? Or would you pay the $1400 for the DJ?
2. Can you use the $1500 towards a photo package?
3. I am sooo confused about how the reception, arrival dinner, rehearsal dinner, cocktail hour, etc works?
-What do you recommend out of these? How much extra are each of these?
4. Does anyone know a site for real looking FAKE flowers that they can bring? I have heard that MP's flowers are pretty pricy and I was hoping for a cheaper route.
5. Does each guest also get the $1500 vacation points? ( I had heard that this was given to anyone as long as they are staying for three nights.)
6. So far I have a contract sent to me that I still have to sign. Is there anything that I should add/change in my contract before I sign it?
7. When is all of the money due?
Lots and Lots of questions. It's so wonderful to have a go to site like this! The wedding consultants in Miami are so difficult to reach!!
Happy Planning Everyone!!