Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#991 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:17 PM

Have you checked out the moon grand pool? I know some brides on this forum have had their cocktail hours etc.. at the moon grand pool. The pics look amazing and best of all...."there's no extra charge" like in the caribbean terrace. I LOVE the caribbean terrace so I don't mind paying the extra money because It'll be a private event. You'll have you're own bar and they close it off so you don't have random guest coming up. If you haven't already...Check out Vgirl's wedding review. She has a very detailed breakdown of her wedding. Good Luck!!

Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach 

So i was looking to have my wedding at the Caribbean Terrace but there is a charge of $12 per person extra even if we get the free events which I'm hoping for. For the amount of people we are having that's a huge expense. Any other locations at Moon Palace that are just as beautiful? I wonder if I did the cocktail hour there only would they still charge me per person? And then do the reception somewhere else. My ceremony is at the Toucan Gazebo......Any suggestions or advice?

#992 GeorgiaPeach

GeorgiaPeach
    • 28 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:11 AM

Thanks guys I will look at the review!! I just asked my fianace what he thought and he said he didnt want to pay the extra for the terrace, and I was really hoping there wasnt a set up fee for the cocktail hour. They have us at the Toucan Gazebo and the Toucan Terrace but I dont know how I feel about that terrace it looks boring lol and it might be cold by the water at night.

#993 GeorgiaPeach

GeorgiaPeach
      • 28 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:21 AM

@mocamakes3 and diamond girl where are you guys having yall rehearsal dinner?

#994 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
        • 1,917 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:34 AM

Since there is not really a rehearsal we are planning for a welcome dinner at Palapa Frigata. With 30 people, theres not many other places to fit everyone. 

We are doing our cocktail and reception at Bugambilias Terrace since it is in the Sunrise section closer to our room block.

#995 GeorgiaPeach

GeorgiaPeach
          • 28 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:41 AM

OK so I just got an email from Valeria this is how my set up will be....

1. Wedding at Toucan Gazebo

2. Cocktail hour at the Caribbean Terrace (set up fee $6 a person) I think I can swing this :)

3. Reception at Moon Grand by the pool

I'm soo super excited!!!

I'm bringing my own decor for the tables such as center pieces dried rose petals, tea lights...My aunt loves to arrange flowers as her hobby so this works out great for us.

We have an outside photographer so now I just have to think about am I going to use DJ Mannia, MP DJ set up with the speakers, or just the simple ipod set up.....

#996 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
            • 1,917 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:42 AM

Sounds beautiful Georgia Peach!

We're probably doing their iPod setup.

#997 GeorgiaPeach

GeorgiaPeach
              • 28 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:29 AM

Thank you mochamakes3!!!! Do you think it will be hard to do the ipod set up? Do you know how much they charge to use their equipment? Are you going to have someone in charge of the ipod?

#998 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                • 1,917 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:05 PM

The iPod set  up with technician is $220 for groups of less than 40, or at least that's what price I have somewhere. Most previous brides said that the technician ran the whole system.

#999 HappyTara

HappyTara
                  • 42 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:58 PM

Georgia Peach,

I am having the reception on the Caribbean Terrace, I think paying the extra fee is worth it, It is so beautiful overlooking the ocean. I like the idea of it being private, so one can stand around ogling you and the party.

Valeria is also my wedding coordinator and she has been really great.

We are doing the ipod DJ, apparently the technician handles playing the songs, he just wont announce anything.

we also got the updated lighting package.

it all coming together!! :)

Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach 

OK so I just got an email from Valeria this is how my set up will be....

1. Wedding at Toucan Gazebo

2. Cocktail hour at the Caribbean Terrace (set up fee $6 a person) I think I can swing this :)

3. Reception at Moon Grand by the pool

I'm soo super excited!!!

I'm bringing my own decor for the tables such as center pieces dried rose petals, tea lights...My aunt loves to arrange flowers as her hobby so this works out great for us.

We have an outside photographer so now I just have to think about am I going to use DJ Mannia, MP DJ set up with the speakers, or just the simple ipod set up.....

#1000 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
                    • 394 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm finally baaaack!!!  I've haven't been active on the forum since last summer.  Life got so hectic, I even had to put the wedding planning down for a while.  I'm playing catch-up with reading the posts, so I'm reading 3-5 pages a night from where I originally left off and reading the current posts as they occur.

Please forgive me if I ask or post something redundant.  I hope to be completely caught up in a week or so.

HappyTara: what is the updated lighting package

GeorgiaPeach: do you have any photos of the Grand Moon Pool area for your reception?  I requested a reception spot on the Grand side and was given something else.  I will have to look back through my emails from about five months ago to see which one.

I'M LESS THAN THREE MONTHS AWAY AND I HAVEN'T BEEN CONTACTED BY MY RESORT WC YET!!!  SOOOOO NOT HAPPY.  (Nevermind that this is the THIRD one that I've been assigned...)  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users