Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

In the beginning, I was really impressed with Palace and how quickly they responded. Now, I am thoroughly disappointed in their reservation service for membership weddings. First of all, you can only make a reservation Monday to Friday between 9 and 5 which is inconvenient for most people. If you want to make a reservation outside that time you can send an email but not everyone had access to internet or feels comfortable sending credit card information. Third, the only benefit to booking through a membership is a manicure, pedicure and massage. So basically a $200 value for an extra $500 price.

 

I am so reluctant to encourage our guests to book through the membership and are actually going to try to find a TA at this point. I am really upset because our WC has not even attempted to be helpful. In order to benefit from the recent increases to the Palace promotion, I had to ask her to cancel and rebook our reservations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL!  I'm working REALLY hard at work. I will send you some more msnparty.gif
 

Originally Posted by Kristibear View Post

Wow you are quick!!!! Thank you so much Shelbygirl!  I can't wait to look at all the attatchments!woot.gif



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


HAHAHA! I am at work too!  It's amazing how much you can procrastinate at work while doing research on BDW msnwink.gif
 

Originally Posted by shelbygirl View Post

LOL!  I'm working REALLY hard at work. I will send you some more msnparty.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristibear View Post

Wow you are quick!!!! Thank you so much Shelbygirl!  I can't wait to look at all the attatchments!woot.gif


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will have to try and find a number for the miami office i think. Its hard though with me being on a different clock and I also work shifts. I need to get something sorted soon. I am really having regrets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by JLR1726 View Post

 

is anyone using the DJ at MP? I want to make sure that they are worth the extra money.

 

thanks!

 

I am still very torn between bringing our own iPod docking system or renting theirs. Seems like a ton of money, but one bride mentioned that she got some lights included so then it would be worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


If I am paying for a DJ i just want to make sure that they are worth it. I have heard stories about other brides who had a DJ and they didnt even really MC the event. that just doesnt seem worth it to me.
 

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1726 View Post

is anyone using the DJ at MP? I want to make sure that they are worth the extra money.

 

thanks!



I am still very torn between bringing our own iPod docking system or renting theirs. Seems like a ton of money, but one bride mentioned that she got some lights included so then it would be worth it.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am with you. I have read both positive and negative reviews. I am getting married Oct 22, 2011 and I think I am going to do the I-Pod option. From the reviews I have read, people liked this option. You get a good speaker system, and they have someone who runs the I-Pod for you. I am just going to make a play list for each of the dances, (ie. First Dance, Father/Daughter, Mother/Son) The guy running the I-Pod will have a list and all he has to do is push play. You still get a microphone, so we will still have speeches.

I think I am also going to put a section on my free website page for song request, and ask my guest to add favorite songs..and then at the reception they can tell everyone why they picked the song. For example...some of my girlfriends from college would request some of our favorite dance songs when we go out!

 

Hope this helps...good luck with your decision. I know it was hard for me, but I am pretty sure that is the route I will go!

 

smile29.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I really love the idea of having people request songs on your website! awesome!
 

Originally Posted by Lizard View Post

I am with you. I have read both positive and negative reviews. I am getting married Oct 22, 2011 and I think I am going to do the I-Pod option. From the reviews I have read, people liked this option. You get a good speaker system, and they have someone who runs the I-Pod for you. I am just going to make a play list for each of the dances, (ie. First Dance, Father/Daughter, Mother/Son) The guy running the I-Pod will have a list and all he has to do is push play. You still get a microphone, so we will still have speeches.

I think I am also going to put a section on my free website page for song request, and ask my guest to add favorite songs..and then at the reception they can tell everyone why they picked the song. For example...some of my girlfriends from college would request some of our favorite dance songs when we go out!

 

Hope this helps...good luck with your decision. I know it was hard for me, but I am pretty sure that is the route I will go!

 

smile29.gif



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×