Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Unless your contract is different from the general Palace Promotion, you should be able to use the entire $1500 towards golf ($750 for shorter stays).  I believe the $300/$150 limit is only for golf at the Puerto Vallarta Palace Resort Golf Club.  It's not stated very clearly on their promotion page, but it clearly states in the golf section that you can use $1500 towards golf, so the later limit of $300 (in the fine print at the bottom) only makes sense as a limitation on Puerta Vallarta golf.

 

http://www.palaceresorts.com/palace-passport?articleId=25220

 

I've booked tee times for our trip for July, & I told them I was using Vacation Dollars for all of the golf.  I'm using over $1100 dollars of the Vacation Dollars for the golf, and the booking agent did not object.  It is true that you can't use the credits for club rental or shoe rental.  Last year when we went, we were able to use the credits for club rental, and I'm not sure when they changed the rule.
 

Originally Posted by SChica927 View Post

Yep, that's what I've seen too. In our room contract, it also says you can use up to $150 OR up to $300 towards golf... I don't know what that means exactly.

 

I'm asking my TA to get clarification on that.. because I assume it's something like if you have $750 or less room credit than you can spend up to $150 on golf and if you have $1500 or more you can use up to $300... I'll let you know when I hear.

 



 



 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for explaining that contradiction I was reading. On the palace site it said $1500 for golf but then in a small paragraph below it capped off at $300/$150.

 

So does anyone know how much shoe rental and club rentals cost? That way I can tell the guys to be prepared. I will probably tell the guys to bring shoes since that's not too much to pack. I hate how the MP keeps changing the rules. I know my guests will be upset because they were under the impression that everything was included.
 

Originally Posted by Leigh17 View Post

Unless your contract is different from the general Palace Promotion, you should be able to use the entire $1500 towards golf ($750 for shorter stays).  I believe the $300/$150 limit is only for golf at the Puerto Vallarta Palace Resort Golf Club.  It's not stated very clearly on their promotion page, but it clearly states in the golf section that you can use $1500 towards golf, so the later limit of $300 (in the fine print at the bottom) only makes sense as a limitation on Puerta Vallarta golf.

 

http://www.palaceresorts.com/palace-passport?articleId=25220

 

I've booked tee times for our trip for July, & I told them I was using Vacation Dollars for all of the golf.  I'm using over $1100 dollars of the Vacation Dollars for the golf, and the booking agent did not object.  It is true that you can't use the credits for club rental or shoe rental.  Last year when we went, we were able to use the credits for club rental, and I'm not sure when they changed the rule.
 



 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schica927 I have a question for you since you keep talking aboutt he resort credits...Friday I received our group contract through Moon Palace and the woman specifically wrote in the e-mail " Please be advised that if they donâ€t book through your group link or directly through me you wonâ€t get credit for those rooms." And we already have a TA we have been working with and I noticed you are using one also. Did you have any problems with making sure your guests and yourself receive the credits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terpgurl - Shoes are $15, clubs are $40. On the morning of our wedding, hubby went golfing and wasn't having the greatest game. Unfortunately, one club ended up in a pond and it cost him $75 because he wasn't able to retrieve it. It's definitely worth it for your guests to bring shoes if they have the room or weight available.

 

kris10kay - I think they are referring to the room night credits for free private events. I would have your TA verify that which rooms will be counted towards your group benefits.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kris10kay, good question. If you are referring to the resort credit, your guests will get it no matter how they book -- it's an offer from the resort itself (not specific to wedding parties).

PS -- you guys all heard that the resort credit promotion is extended through October, right?

 

A word of caution: So we started working with a TA before had the room contract thinking she'd be able to get good air+hotel deals for our guests. Once we rec'd our wedding rates, it turned out to be much lower than any deals our TA could get... and we HAD to use the room contract and link to get the low hotel rates. Now our TA is literally fielding our guests and booking their stay through the link itself... so we get our room nights... so basically, if your guests book through expedia, or if your TA finds a cheap package deal that's better than the room price, then you WILL NOT get the room nights... just FYI.

 

We have a LOT of people, and I didn't want to send our guests the link directly because 1) I didn't want to take all the questions and 2) I didn't want to manage the list of everyone's arrival and departure times, transfers, room type, etc. So our TA is doing all of that.

 

The funny thing is, I have NO idea how our TA is making money... they usually get a cut from the hotels and airlines they work with. But in this instance, she's not getting anything from the hotel because it's their link she's using to book AND the rates she gets for flights alone aren't much lower than flights we've been finding on our own... so we've been telling our guests to book flights on their own and then contact the TA for their transfers and room reservation...
 

Hope this helps.

 

 

Originally Posted by kris10kay View Post

Schica927 I have a question for you since you keep talking aboutt he resort credits...Friday I received our group contract through Moon Palace and the woman specifically wrote in the e-mail " Please be advised that if they donâ€t book through your group link or directly through me you wonâ€t get credit for those rooms." And we already have a TA we have been working with and I noticed you are using one also. Did you have any problems with making sure your guests and yourself receive the credits?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That def. helps thank you so much! I am trying to get in touch with our TA to see if she will book them through the link also, I want the free events!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok Ladies, I have some exciting news to share! So not sure if any of you are interested but I did some research and asked questions before getting you all excited about this.

So as I was finalizing my wedding video details, I asked Kodak randomly if they have a photobooth available for rent. I had asked Deco months ago and said how popular its in the USA and they said unfortunately they don't have one. I am not sure how new this is because I haven't heard or found anyone else doing it in the Cancun area.  It took them awhile but I got prices and what it comes with and what the booth actually looks like since I was afraid it could be some bootleg photobooth with polaroids or something.

 

Anyways, the price is pretty steep; close to US prices. Some friends of mine had one at their wedding so I asked for the cost to compare. I know its a splurge but I know my drunk friends will love it. The only thing I am not happy about is the background in the booth. The background is black with wierd stick figure ppl celebrating. I asked if it could be covered up or if there were any options for a colored background and at this time they don't have anything. So I am going to suck it up.


So they are offering the booth for 3 hours for $850. There are 6 pics per page and your guests can also do 15 second videos to you and your groom. They had a 5 hour option as well but my reception is only 4 hours. I had asked about 2 hours as an exception but they came back with $790 so I am just going with 3 hours since the price diff is not that much. 

This is what is included with the booth rental.

 

Photos and Videos Includes: - Unlimited photos. Instant printing - Unlimited videos. 15 seconds video - Webpage, where you can see the entire photos and videos of your event.
 
Events options: (you have to select between public, semiprivate or private) the costumes are included .   - Public. All people visiting the webpage can see the event - Semiprivate. Password required for entering the media gallery - Private. No gallery available at webpage. - Link your photos to Facebook - Scrapbook. Album with blank pages to attach pictures and write a dedicatory from your guest´s - DVD with media gallery - Costumes - Hostess during the event - Customized Booth. Projection of photos and personal videos on the monitor outside the booth during the event   I am still trying to find out if the DVD is included in the cost and to make sure they don't surprise me with some crazy cost for the DVD and shipping of the DVD to me. But they told me all other options are included in the cost of the rental. My favorite part is the scrapbook option. Where guests can print one copy of their photo for keepsake and then put one or all of the photos in the 2nd copy into the scrapbook and write a message. This will be our guest book:-)   Sorry this was long but I am really excited about this and wanted to be detailed as possible for any interested brides:-)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Mocha, I hope the price of the rentals don't change in the next couple of weeks b/c I just sent an email out to the guys. So is this golf course amazing as it advertises?
 

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

Terpgurl - Shoes are $15, clubs are $40. On the morning of our wedding, hubby went golfing and wasn't having the greatest game. Unfortunately, one club ended up in a pond and it cost him $75 because he wasn't able to retrieve it. It's definitely worth it for your guests to bring shoes if they have the room or weight available.

 

kris10kay - I think they are referring to the room night credits for free private events. I would have your TA verify that which rooms will be counted towards your group benefits.

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×