#1 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 05:26 PM

Name: Ann

Date: not sure yet! hoping for some time between end of March and June 2007

Location: not sure on this either! we want a beach wedding and reception, probably in Mexico (Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, etc.) or southern California

*looking for advice on locations!

#2 NATASHA

NATASHA
    • 646 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 05:36 PM

Hi Ann,

I live in San Diego and LA (long story). We looked at San Diego and Laguna. Laguna is outrageously priced.

The only venue that I like in San Diego is Estancia http://www.estancialajolla.com/

We hosted a New Year's party there last year and it was fabulous. The grounds are beautiful. The hotel is not in La Jolla proper and they haven't done a great job advertising it so you can get a swinging deal. Food is tasty.

Another option is to get married in the park in Del Mar (very beautiful and it's overlooking the water). You would have to have the reception somewhere else. It's walking distance to our old utility company that's been turned into a (really nice) recreational center. It's RIGHT on the beach. My friends were married there and it was great. It's not expensive either.

We chose Cabo. I'm happy with our choice and so are our guests. How many people are you expecting?

Oh - just saw the dates you are planning. Southern California is great in January and into February. Then it's great in August through December. March to June is really unpredictable. We get fog on the coast. Plus, we don't get a lot of rain, but it's very hard to predict.

Cabo has much more predictable weather and it's warmer.
      Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#3 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
      • VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:03 PM

Welcome to the board Ann!

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:12 PM

Welcome Ann! Congrats on your engagement. If you are looking for advice on locations, think about:
          1. Budget (Mexico is generally cheaper in terms of flights and location , although Cabo is getting increasingly popular and this = higher prices) There are brides on this forum who could probably give advice for just about anywhere, but alot of us are Cabo brides
          2. Number of guests, and ability of them to travel
          3. The "feel" of your wedding- on the beach, in a fancy church, party or relaxed atmospherel
          4. Most importantly- how do you see yourself getting married? What is your dream wedding? Planning a destination wedding takes a lot of work and you will have people both excited that you have chosen this route, and maybe some not so excited! You just have to remember to do what YOU want- this is your day!

Good luck and let us know how we can help :)

#5 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:51 PM

Everyone already gave you great advise, so I'll just say welcome to the board and by all means, if you have any questions, ask away... Happy planning.

#6 Jackie

Jackie
            • 2,290 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:02 PM

Welcome Ann
              My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:32 PM

welcome ann...cabo and puerta vallarta are great choices for weddings...so is punta mita (outside pv)...let us know how we can help

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
              • VIP Member
              • 931 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:11 AM

welcome. I live in OC but am getting married in Cabo. If I can assist you at all please let me know :)

#9 gkashmira

gkashmira
                • 1,962 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:21 AM

And I'm in LA getting married in Cabo (as well) so I'd be hgappy to help! Cabo really is priced about the same as Cali in many ways it seems. Puerta Vallarta is suppose ot be great though I myself have never been there. Outside Cancun on the Riviera Maya is also suppose to be beautiul. Wherever you decide I know you'll find out a lot of great info here! Welcome!
                  Kashmira & Dan
                  Happily married since June 16, 2007
                  http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                  Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                  Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#10 Jennifer

Jennifer
                  • 218 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:40 AM

Welcome Ann! I got married on the beach in Jamaica.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users