Save the Date Guest Address Rules

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 IrishgirlinNY

IrishgirlinNY
  • 938 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:03 PM

Hi everyone

We have officially booked our resort. We are planning on ordering our save the dates. I was curious how all of you who did save the dates addressed the envelopes for your single guests. Did you put on the envelope their name and guest so they know they are allowed to bring a guest or did you just put their name and wait til the wedding invitation to let them know they can bring a guest. I thought we should put with guest so they know that they are allowed to bring a guest and don't have to worry about it. Paul thinks we should just put their name and wait to put guest til the invitation. What do you think?

Thanks

#2 luciel2820

luciel2820
    • 474 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:15 PM

I think just he name is fine. Hey will prob figure they can bring someone. Also put your wedding website info on the STD and put somewhere on your website the info based on double occupancy. Either was they'll have a lot of time from now til the wedding date.

#3 Sheree10

Sheree10
      • 1,026 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:30 PM

I think it's okay to wait until the invite. I'm sure if someone is uncertain they will ask you if they can bring a guest.
        http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#4 mnh1983

mnh1983
        • 743 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:26 AM

I just put the single names on the STDs, but I'll add "and guest" on the invites.

#5 lalanyc

lalanyc
          • 363 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:16 AM

Me too - I just put the single person's name. I figured I would add the guest on the invitation, plus - wasnt sure if some people would break up in the time between the STD and invitation mailings! haha I also wanted to reserve the right to exclude "and guest" just in case wedding planning finances/circumstances changed..

#6 YIweddings

YIweddings
            • 173 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:49 PM

I am doing the same. Just the single guests name on the STDate and I will ask them when we're ready to send the invites if they have a guest they would like to join them and include their name. I prefer to not use 'and guest' with a destination wedding and few guests it would be a nice personal touch to find out who their guest is and get their name. If they don't know then i guess 'and guest' is ok.
              Soon to be Mrs. Kramer

#7 mbarnes04

mbarnes04
              • 194 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:11 PM

i think just the person you are inviting is fine... then on the rsvp they can list if they are bringing a guest.

#8 carolina24

carolina24
                • 1,573 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:14 PM

i say put "and guest" on the STD, it's better to be clear from the beginning. we just have the single name on the STD and on the invite b/c we aren't allowing any "plus ones" or children.

#9 P&B2010

P&B2010
                  • 33 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:51 PM

I agree with Carolina. I read somewhere that you are supposed to make clear from the save the dates exactly who is invited (i.e. guest plus one, w/ family) so we put and guest on the save the dates. I wanted people to know they are welcome to bring a guest, especially since its a destination.

#10 IrishgirlinNY

IrishgirlinNY
                    • 938 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

Thanks for all the input. Actually not sure what we will go with yet. Guess we will decide as they are being written out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users