Photo

Any one work with Pastor Rick York??

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#41 islandbride8

islandbride8
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:03 PM

I just sent him an email this afternoon and heard back within 20 minutes.  This was the email response i got....

Good afternoon Sarah and thanks for your note. I would be happy to help with you ceremony. I can send you a sample ceremony, if you are interested. I have two ceremonies that I can do. One is a traditional, religious ceremony that is very similar to what you would see at most churches in the United States or Canada. The second is a more contemporary, less church-style ceremony. Both are very nice and take about 20-25 minutes to perform.

If you decide not to do the civil ceremony here then your date and time are pretty flexible. Right now, I am open from June 26-July 1 so any time is pretty good for me.

If you are interested in seeing one, please send me your names, as you would like them in the ceremony and I will prepare one for you to review and modify to suit your wishes.

My fee is $300US and that can just be paid the day of the wedding, before the ceremony-no need for a deposit.

Blessings to you as you plan. I am sure you and your guests will love the Majestic Elegance! The resort is wonderful and the wedding coordinators do such a good job in making sure your day is special!

Rick York

La Romana

Punta Cana

rickandsuzanneyork@gmail.com

Hope this can be helpful to anyone wondering about him.  I requested a sample of each ceremony and will post when i hear back :)

#42 Chule0307

Chule0307
    • 34 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

Hello,

I actually have booked Paster Rick for my wedding. I have heard many great things about his performed ceremonies. My fiance and I decided to go with him because we didn't want the wedding coordinator to perform the services ;)

#43 summafool1

summafool1
      • 223 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:30 AM

can the ceremony be done is full english or does it need to be in spanish to be legally married there?

#44 islandbride8

islandbride8
        • 315 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:46 AM

Pastor York cannot perform legal ceremonies, they must be performed by a judge.  Yes, they are only performed in Spanish and simultaneously translated into English by the wedding coordinator.  Pastor York does symbolic ceremonies (you have to be legally married first).  You can have Pastor York do a symbolic ceremony immediately after the Judge does the legal thing though.

#45 summafool1

summafool1
          • 223 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:54 AM

thanks for the quick response!

#46 J&G Jan30

J&G Jan30
            • 10 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:30 AM

We used Pastor Rick York last year and he was great!!  He gave us a few options of ceremonies we can use and we sent him stuff we wanted included.  He put it together very well... we were very happy with him!  Congratulations and best of luck!

#47 bamcandr

bamcandr
              • 43 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:09 AM

Hey about how long are Pastor York's ceremony? Do you guys think 5:30 is a good time to start the cermony? Is there enough time to take pictures afterwards or does it get dark quickly? Thanks for any input!

#48 islandbride8

islandbride8
                • 315 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:42 AM

He has two ceremony options that you can modify.  Both are appx 20-25 minutes long.

#49 Bryjenbry

Bryjenbry
                  • 229 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:16 PM

Oh really... that's disappointing.  Do you know how long the legal ceremony will take?

Originally Posted by islandbride8 

Pastor York cannot perform legal ceremonies, they must be performed by a judge.  Yes, they are only performed in Spanish and simultaneously translated into English by the wedding coordinator.  Pastor York does symbolic ceremonies (you have to be legally married first).  You can have Pastor York do a symbolic ceremony immediately after the Judge does the legal thing though.

#50 Bryjenbry

Bryjenbry
                    • 229 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:19 PM

Oh!  Okay thats not that bad...i was thinking that it had to be totally separate.  thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by Aumuller 

It would work this way the judge would come either at the beginning or end of the ceremony to do the legal stuff, depending on what time he is available. In terms of what he says I'm not too sure. I think he will say a small bit but nothing much.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by stephany0930 

Aumuller- thanks for that info. Im wondering, if im getting legally married there does pastor york do the ceremony and then the judge comes at the end to sign the paper? does the judge say anything before the signing of the papers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users