Photo

Any one work with Pastor Rick York??

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#11 kate&devon

kate&devon
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:54 PM

I just booked him as well and he sent us two options for the ceremony; a contemporary one and a traditional one. We choose the contemporary one and are going to add a few things to it

[IMG]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs014.ash2/34045_1507391727839_1325681535_1627159_1121245_n.j pg[/IMG

http://img.weddingco...cker/nlp8wi.png
    For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart.It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.-Judy GarlandBride and...

#12 Nora

Nora
    • 87 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

He was the officiant at Jennifer's wedding (Outdoor_Girl1010) yesterday and I thought he was great. Very nice when I met him before the ceremony. Said there are no photography restrictions which is typical for an outdoor wedding but just wanted to be sure. I didn't hear everything since I was busy moving around and shooting and the ceremony listed only about 20 minutes but he was smiling the whole time which is always good. I've run into a few grumpy and/or mean officiants and he was definitely not one of them. Don't think you'll need to invite him for dinner. You can if you want but he seemed like a busy guy and probably does multiple weddings a day.

#13 Littleone77

Littleone77
      • 157 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

Good to know!! We booked him too and I also was in tears reading what he had wrote..I told him about an experience that we both shared and he is putting it in!!! He really wants to help and make the time truly yours!

#14 japonick

japonick
        • 78 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:51 PM

Does anyone have contact information for him? Will they work in conjunction with the judge if you are getting married legally or can he marry you legally?

Please send me a message with any responses..thanks!

#15 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
          • 280 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:49 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by japonick
            Does anyone have contact information for him? Will they work in conjunction with the judge if you are getting married legally or can he marry you legally?

Please send me a message with any responses..thanks!
            We are getting married before we go just by going to the courthouse and not telling anyone. We are then using Pastor York for our wedding in punta cana. We are considering this to be our real wedding.

#16 Christy

Christy
            • 26 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

GOsh this is exciting to hear all the reviews on this pastor.
              Does anyone have an email address that I can reachout as well? Im in search of a pastor for our wedding. Thanks so much!

#17 Karen Aucoin

Karen Aucoin
              • 73 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:23 PM

We used Pastor Rick for our ceremony in November and it was one of the best decisions I made. I was originally against doing our paperwork here and doing the symbolic ceremony but when I found him I changed my mind. We kept our legal wedding here as just "paperwork" as we were sitting at our kitchen table in our jeans drinking wine. There were no pictures to be taken, rings to be exchanged, just sign here...we had my sister there and our best man and his wife. We told some people but didn't make it public knowledge that we had done so.

Our wedding was in the Dominican, symbolic or not. It was important for me not to just have the 5 min. "legal" ceremony as it tends to be and have the wedding coordinator do it or translate etc. He was great to work with and you won't regret your decision to use him. The ceremony was about 20 minutes which included the sand ceremony that we brought.

Some had asked about inviting him for dinner, I invited him to join us but he had to be at another wedding later that day.

Here's the email address that I have for him: ryork@codetel.net.do

#18 melitanner

melitanner
                • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

Hi everyone, I am getting married on June 19th and have had a hellish experience with trying to get a catholic ceremony and have just been told it wont be able to happen : (
                  But thankfully I stumbled upon this thread and got in contact wit Pastor York and he will be doing our ceremony!!! His readings made me teary eyed and I am very excited to have the blessing at my ceremony.

#19 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
                  • 734 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:52 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sap
                    We recently booked Pastor York and are extremely happy just based on the few emails exchanged and his prepared wedding ceremony for us. FI was in tears. :)
                    Book him early because he is very busy!! We have pushed our afternoon wedding to the evening because he already had 2 other weddings booked.

Good luck!

We're are sharing Pastor York!! I'm getting married at the Paradisus Punta Cana on July 17!! Yay
                    http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                    http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#20 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
                    • 280 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:50 PM

I have only heard wonderful things about him and I can't wait for my ceremony! I just finalized our vows not too long ago!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users