My hall just got shut down!!!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bobbysgirl

• 184 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:14 AM

I was so excited to find this venue. Its an 8000 sqaure foot loft in downtown cleveland. Very loungy and just all around exactly what we wanted... It's listed as a private residence that the owner rents out for parties.

I just got a call from the police that were there (we both work for the police department) and they said they were shutting them down for permit violations!

Apparently you aren't allowed to rent out your own private residence for parties of 50 or more, or for 50 or more parties a year. UGH!!

I'm so upset. This just totally ruined my day... I got the call as I was filling our the paperwork to send to our entertainment so now I don't know what to do about that either!

So anyone got any non-traditional venues in the Cleveland, OH area??

#2 **~Linda~**

• 1,326 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

Im so sorry that your hall got shut down. That s*cks the big one ! Hope you find something soon! Breathe and remember everything happens for a reason.. Maybe this will give you a chance to find something even better!

#3 bnbrmy

• 218 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:40 AM

I'm not sure what your price range is but rock and roll hall of fame use to do private parties, I'm sure they still do...
        Good luck with your search

#4 AlexsBride

• 401 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:17 PM

Thats too bad. But I am wondering if it is just a temporary shut down? Perhaps if this is something they would like to continue using it as a venue (they might be making good money on it!) Maybe they will get the proper permits and paperwork in place...good luck!
          Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#5 ktnicole

• 100 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:46 PM

Have you found anything yet? Hope it works out

#6 bobbysgirl

• 184 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:09 AM

My FI went and met with the owner yesterday and everything is going to work out!!

The guy said he completely understands why I would be worried but he can assure me that I will be able to have my party there.

PHEW! One less thing to worry about. :) I love it when things work out.

#7 ktnicole

• 100 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:33 PM

yay! congrats on it all working out!

#8 AishaB

• 2,350 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:46 PM

So glad everything worked out for you guys.
                  BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#9 hamme

• 194 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:57 AM

I wanted to give a suggestion for a unique space in cleveland... Downtown cleveland across from the Windom Hotel -south side of euclid (next to usbank) there is a buisness that hosted a project runway party and the space is very contemporary and stunning. forgive me for not knowing the name but if you walk the street you will see where the flags are flying above the large windows (furniture design buisness- just a guess). Anywho- I thought this would be a pretty sweet reception site. They have capabilities for large projectors and beautiful up lighting already in the space. I hope this helps someone!

#10 Avens

• 576 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:35 PM

That's good, glad it's sorted out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users