Weight Loss support for 2011 brides!!

rus

I wish all of you luck in your weight loss goals.  I was going through the site looking for ideas for a possible destination wedding when I noticed this forum.  I'm a personal trainer by profession, and I would be happy to answer any questions regarding fitness and weight loss.  If I can help you in any way let me know!

Click here for my Blog and contact info!  I'll be happy to respond to your emails!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by wilsonj2 View Post

Glad you're going to read it, Diamondgirl!  Yes, it definitely works.  I am doing it right now and have dropped 10 pounds in 2 weeks.  I was turned on to it by my friend who competes in figure competitions.  There is a cookbook to go along with it, but I don't like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so I don't make all the food.  I just stick to a quick "clean" diet...pack my little cooler every day for work.

Which book do you have? I just realized she has several books. Does it matter?

Please post the name of the book and the author.  I am getting married 11/4/11 and would like to perfect the eating habits and work out schedule by Summer.  I would love to lose 20lbs. Lsmith, I think we are all in the same frame of mind. I definately don't want to be dodging cameras because I feel like i don't look my best.

The one I have is The Eat Clean Diet, by Tosca Reno.  I believe she has come out with an updated version, but it should be the same principle.  You can also get The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook (which has an updated version as well).  It is good to read the book, because you learn a lot about nutrition and how your body burns calories, but the basic principle is simple...eat clean.  That means little to no processed food (no fast food!).  This doesn't mean organic, just mostly lean protein, and fruits and vegetables (complex carbs).  For larger meals, your plate should be 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbs (like brown rice), and 1/2 clean vegetables (no heavy oils or butter).  I try to eat meals that just combine lean protein and a complex carb...for example: egg whites and oatmeal, fat free cottage cheese and fruit, chicken and spinach salad with some fruit,  yogurt/fruit/nuts.  You'll get the hang of it fast.  The goals is to eat around 5-6 meals like this per day...around 200-300 calories.  It is a lot of food, and you won't be starving and craving like normal with the three meals per day.  Oh, and you need to drink a LOT of water...a lot of times a craving for food is really just our body telling us it's dehydrated.

I've been working out a bit too...30 minutes on the elliptical each morning.  I'm going to incorporate some weight training next week...maybe start some videos.  I love the Jillian Michaels videos, because they're so quick and I don't get bored. 

It feels so good to be 10 pounds lighter, and I'm excited to lose a lot more.  It was really hard to get started, but two weeks in and I'm in the zone.  My fiance got Zaxby's yesterday and it didn't even bother me...I just fixed some cottage cheese and fruit and thought about me in my wedding dress.  Totally worth it:)

The one I have is The Eat Clean Diet, by Tosca Reno.  I believe she has come out with an updated version, but it should be the same principle.  You can also get The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook (which has an updated version as well).  It is good to read the book, because you learn a lot about nutrition and how your body burns calories, but the basic principle is simple...eat clean.  That means little to no processed food (no fast food!).  This doesn't mean organic, just mostly lean protein, and fruits and vegetables (complex carbs).  For larger meals, your plate should be 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbs (like brown rice), and 1/2 clean vegetables (no heavy oils or butter).  I try to eat meals that just combine lean protein and a complex carb...for example: egg whites and oatmeal, fat free cottage cheese and fruit, chicken and spinach salad with some fruit,  yogurt/fruit/nuts.  You'll get the hang of it fast.  The goals is to eat around 5-6 meals like this per day...around 200-300 calories.  It is a lot of food, and you won't be starving and craving like normal with the three meals per day.  Oh, and you need to drink a LOT of water...a lot of times a craving for food is really just our body telling us it's dehydrated.

I've been working out a bit too...30 minutes on the elliptical each morning.  I'm going to incorporate some weight training next week...maybe start some videos.  I love the Jillian Michaels videos, because they're so quick and I don't get bored. 

It feels so good to be 10 pounds lighter, and I'm excited to lose a lot more.  It was really hard to get started, but two weeks in and I'm in the zone.  My fiance got Zaxby's yesterday and it didn't even bother me...I just fixed some cottage cheese and fruit and thought about me in my wedding dress.  Totally worth it:)

I'm pretty good with my eating habits. I've been eating well for over 3 weeks now and working out 6 days a week. I take sundays off. I don't really splurge on the weekend because I really don't go out to eat much. It'll be easier to maintain my focus on my goal. LOL So, basically what your saying is.... Just follow the eat clean meal plan and I drop the weight?? The cook book would definitely come in handy because i'm starting to get tired of grilled chicken, vegetables and sweet potato. I add a little teriyaki sauce once in a while to change the flavor a bit. But i'm in dire need of new meals! My food is boring!! LOL

Originally Posted by DiamondGirl View Post

Quote:

I'm pretty good with my eating habits. I've been eating well for over 3 weeks now and working out 6 days a week. I take sundays off. I don't really splurge on the weekend because I really don't go out to eat much. It'll be easier to maintain my focus on my goal. LOL So, basically what your saying is.... Just follow the eat clean meal plan and I drop the weight?? The cook book would definitely come in handy because i'm starting to get tired of grilled chicken, vegetables and sweet potato. I add a little teriyaki sauce once in a while to change the flavor a bit. But i'm in dire need of new meals! My food is boring!! LOL

I would LOVE to drop 10 pounds ASAP!! What did you do?

Chicken, vegetables, and a sweet potato...sounds like you're doing it already!  You didn't lose any weight???  Be careful of your extras...butter, oil, sauce...anything with fat or sugar....although some healthy fat is okay...like from olive oil or almonds.  I know the chicken thing gets boring...did that for a little bit and could not even look at chicken.  I like the variety I have right now.  Sample meal plan might be:

Breakfast:  4 egg whites and oatmeal (plain oats with a few blueberries or cinnamon), or two boiled eggs and some Kashi Go Lean cereal (dry or with skim or almond milk)

Snack:  20 almonds, grapes

Lunch: Turkey on whole wheat w/ mustard or whole wheat pasta with low cal spaghetti sauce and ground turkey or spinach salad with chicken, egg whites, tomatoes, balsamic vinaigrette dressing

Snack:  fat free cottage cheese and pineapple (fresh) or string cheese and apple

Dinner: Chicken or tilapia with fresh green beans or broccoli, brown rice or sweet potato or I just eat something similar to lunch

Before bed:  Protein shake or berries and greek yogurt

***Eat every 2-3 hours

I have been working out some too, but I've heard the diet is like 80% (everybody has their own opinion of the percentage).  When I first started, I wasn't losing much weight, but I started eating more and it just fell off...maybe you're not eating enough??? or often enough???

Just remember you don't have to be in the kitchen all the time to get the results...the meals I create are super quick...I pack my cooler every day for work.

Chicken, vegetables, and a sweet potato...sounds like you're doing it already!  You didn't lose any weight???  Be careful of your extras...butter, oil, sauce...anything with fat or sugar....although some healthy fat is okay...like from olive oil or almonds.  I know the chicken thing gets boring...did that for a little bit and could not even look at chicken.  I like the variety I have right now.  Sample meal plan might be:

Breakfast:  4 egg whites and oatmeal (plain oats with a few blueberries or cinnamon), or two boiled eggs and some Kashi Go Lean cereal (dry or with skim or almond milk)

Snack:  20 almonds, grapes

Lunch: Turkey on whole wheat w/ mustard or whole wheat pasta with low cal spaghetti sauce and ground turkey or spinach salad with chicken, egg whites, tomatoes, balsamic vinaigrette dressing

Snack:  fat free cottage cheese and pineapple (fresh) or string cheese and apple

Dinner: Chicken or tilapia with fresh green beans or broccoli, brown rice or sweet potato or I just eat something similar to lunch

Before bed:  Protein shake or berries and greek yogurt

***Eat every 2-3 hours

I have been working out some too, but I've heard the diet is like 80% (everybody has their own opinion of the percentage).  When I first started, I wasn't losing much weight, but I started eating more and it just fell off...maybe you're not eating enough??? or often enough???

Just remember you don't have to be in the kitchen all the time to get the results...the meals I create are super quick...I pack my cooler every day for work.

Oh, and by "before bed" I mean about 2 hours before.  It helps if you plan out your meals/times in a journal at first.  Sometimes my schedule only lets me eat every four hours, but I try to not let that happen if possible.  I am a teacher and have a crazy busy schedule/few breaks, so if I can do it, anybody can!  Good luck!  So glad we're able to support each other on here!