Pssst...we got legally hitched today!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 amygirl1169

• 653 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:26 PM

Hi ladies!

Just wanted to share, since we're keeping it quiet from our friends that we went to city hall this morning and got legally married!

My 97 yr old grandfather and my best friend were our witnesses.

Now just 2 more months until the 'real' big day!!

Click the image to open in full size.
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 astreit

• 182 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:27 PM

How exciting!! Congrats! That is awesome that you had your Grandpa there, I'm sure he felt very honored.

#3 mich&adam

• 120 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:36 PM

OMG...Congrats!!!! We are date twins and we are getting our marriage license next week here in NJ....so excited, love that your 97 year old grandfather was there, just awesome!!!!!!

#4 damaris

• 462 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:39 PM

Congrats, and how awesome for you to have your Granfather there. I love it

#5 cristinimartini

• Banned
          • 546 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:41 PM

OMG!! Congrats!!!!!

We did the same thing, except it wasn't kept quiet, thanks to my large Italian family. I got engaged 1/16/10 and we were legally married 1/23/10...it hadn't even officially been a WEEK!!!

We found out 3 days after he asked me that my grandfather had maybe days to live. Since I grew up in his house, we wanted to make sure he was a part of our wedding. We knew we wanted to do a DW from the beginning, and that he wouldn't be able to make it there, but since we needed to have a legal wedding in the States we figured he could make it to that. Didn't realize it would be so soon!!! All I did was call my dad and everything else happened in less than 24 hours. I even had to sit in front of a Judge to get my 72 hour notice waiver for a marriage license. We got bands made that night and the next day showed up at my grandparents house. I expected 5 people. Turns out 50 showed up!!! They had decorated the entire house like a wedding, complete with white covers and bows on the chairs. I had a tiered wedding cake (cannoli-filled!), music, even an aisle runner!! I couldn't stop crying after seeing how much everyone wanted to be a part of our day. It was truly amazing...and the best part was that my grandfather was one of my witnesses and he (barely) signed the marriage license. What a touching moment...

I'm soooo glad you got to have your grandfather there. I know he was honored!!!!

Congratualtions again!! Our DW is May 24, 2010...best wishes on your new life together!! Don't worry! We won't tell anyone

#6 Loveisintheair

• 344 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:41 PM

Congrats!!! YOu look so beautiful...I can only imagine your unoffical official wedding day. What made you decide to get maaried in adavance? We thought about it as well.

#7 carolina24

• 1,573 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:14 PM

yay on your pre-wedding, wedding day!!! :)

#8 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:27 PM

Awwww...congratulations - I actually have tears seeing your grandfather! you are so lucky that he could be there!!!

#9 march132010

• 1,057 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:32 PM

Congrats how sweet :)

#10 roo66

• 1,001 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

Oh what magical memories you have created by having your grandpa there.Im teary eyed aswell.Bles him xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users