Photo

2011 Prices

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#171 nucci

nucci
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:41 AM

Hi all! It's been a little while but I'm getting caught up in all the convos!! Heard back from our TA and prices have dropped a little!! She's still advising us to wait b/c she really thinks the prices will continue to drop. I think we might buy the insurance and put a deposit down. That way when the prices fall our price can be adjusted and we'll just owe less.

We have sent out our save the dates. We just put the location on them and said the invitation with all the info will follow. This way at least people will know the date. I think we will send the invites out in Fall with our TA's info on them. I'm going to let people decide how many days they want to stay for and how they want to book.

#172 shurbgatza

shurbgatza
    • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:08 PM

we have booked for january 8th! we booked through selloffvacations.com...they also have a policy that if the price drops they can do a one time only adjustment...my goal was no more than 1500 per person and we achieved that! the quotes i received were even cheaper than on the website! Some of my wedding group couldn't make the full payment but they are guaranteed the price if they pay in full by september....my understanding the flights are supposly going to book up quicker this winter as that one tour operator went under last winter! Therefore they recommend at least puting down a deposit as that holds your seat on the airplane...it's only 150 per person! So glad we are done with deciding when and where now it's the fun stuff! Happy planning!!

#173 rosieposie

rosieposie
      • 649 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

there doesn't seem to be any direct flights from vancouver to cancun....and not many with only 1 stop. most are 2+...

i hope i'm looking in the right place. maybe i'm looking in the wrong places?

#174 Lua

Lua
        • 1,231 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

i definitely feel better about the price my TA has gotten me for the Riu Negril after looking at iTravel and Selloffvacations and the prices showing up there for my wedding week are over $300 more +!!!!!! makes me feel better about booking with the price i have right now! ..I also have the option to lower once if the rates drop.

#175 debbmach

debbmach
          • 1,457 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:31 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lua
            i definitely feel better about the price my TA has gotten me for the Riu Negril after looking at iTravel and Selloffvacations and the prices showing up there for my wedding week are over $300 more +!!!!!! makes me feel better about booking with the price i have right now! ..I also have the option to lower once if the rates drop.
            What price did you get? Is it from Toronto? I got a group rate of $1416/person, and it also includes a one time price drop.
            http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#176 Lua

Lua
            • 1,231 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:07 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by debbmach
              What price did you get? Is it from Toronto? I got a group rate of $1416/person, and it also includes a one time price drop.
              I got a group rate of $1258+tax ... travelling Wed-Wed from Toronto. including a one time price drop. --- with Signature Vacations

#177 T&A

T&A
              • 59 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:10 PM

I think you got a good rate. I got quoted over $2000 for the first week of may.
                Now Jade - May 3, 2011.

#178 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
                • 1,029 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:26 AM

Ladies - From the US I have a quote of $1100 for Airfare and 5 days/4nights in Cancun :) Hope that helps!
                  Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#179 nucci

nucci
                  • 77 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:26 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MaggieandJay
                    Ladies - From the US I have a quote of $1100 for Airfare and 5 days/4nights in Cancun :) Hope that helps!
                    What month? I'm in April and running into high prices b/c of Easter!!

#180 Oryx

Oryx
                    • 727 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

I got a quote for Punta Cana departing Saturday, January 29, 2011 from Toronto (Majestic Colonial - Junior Suite - All Inclusive - 1 week):
                      $1280.00 per person, based on double occupancy + $ 330.00 taxes per person

Plaza Premium Lounge Access - Applicable for your booking (you and your guests will be given passes to the Plaza Premium Lounge at Pearson Airport, Free!!)

Price Adjustment - If Sunquest reduces their group pricing, a request for a one time price adjustment can be made up to 60 days prior to departure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users