Photo

Breakfast=The Most Important Meal of the Day

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 KimmyD

KimmyD
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

Thanks Ladies! What great ideas. I really needed this!
    http://global.thekno...rs/tt4304d.aspx
    28 Booked + Bride & Groom
    78 Room Nights!

#12 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
    • 997 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:53 PM

My two go to breakfasts are an omelet with tons of veggies or a Protein Smoothie...I use VEGA protein powder.

These breakfasts keep me filled up till morning snack time where I usually have a piece of fruit with nuts!

#13 mnh1983

mnh1983
      • 743 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:40 PM

I usually eat toast with peanut butter and a glass of juice, or maybe a bowl of Special K or Honey Bunches of Oats. Fiber One bars are pretty good too.

#14 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
        • 456 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:35 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by NaM
          my favorite quick go to breakfast:
          whole wheat english muffin with almond butter and banana slices. I add a bit of nutella for some sweetness but that's just me.
          I tried this this morning and I loved it! I sprinkled some cinnamon on too.

Thanks for the great (albeit easy) idea!
          D & K
          October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#15 hat0112

hat0112
          • 1,219 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:01 PM

One of my favorite things for breakfast are egg mugs. I got the recipes off of Hungry Girl.com. You take ½ cup of egg whites or egg substitute, and add whatever you like (I add a wedge of laughing cow light swiss and sometimes turkey bacon) and you microwave it for about 1 ½ minutes in a mug or anything microwavable. I also make it with reduced fat Mexican shredded cheese and salsa.
            Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#16 wendyjd

wendyjd
            • 968 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:42 AM

my favorite lo carb breakfast is a "cheesecake" I found online. its made with lofat and ff cream cheese along with ff cottage cheese, eggs and splenda. it sounds pretty bad but is actually pretty tasty, plus I make it once and it makes enough for a week!!

#17 FuninthesunMayan2011

FuninthesunMayan2011
              • Site Supporter
              • 51 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:19 AM

My healthy breakfast ideas are:

-- 5 Grain Oatmeal (Not the instant stuff- 1/4 cup dry, 1/3 cup water. Microwave for 3 mins). Add some frozen blueberries and raspberries at the 2:30min point. Volia! 

-- Eggs on toast. I poach an egg or two and have it on a piece of grain bread. Sometimes I'll add a slice of Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapeno for a little low fat goodness. I use regular 12 grain bread or Ezekiel Bread (no flour, low GI bread) and lots of fresh ground pepper :)

-- Greek yogurt mixed with 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein, granola with nuts and berries, and topped with a bit of fresh fruit. It's actually realllllllly good.

Side note on Greek yogurt- There are 20 grams of protein, only 6 grams of carbs, 0.4 grams of fat in 3/4 cup!!!! had bought it for it's nutritional greatness but didn't really know what to do with it...I'll be honest...it tastes like cream cheese a bit, not awful but just very plain.  If anyone else has any ideas for things to use it in please share!!! 

With all of my breakfast ideas I try to ensure I balance complex carbs and protein. This gives me the energy I need to get going, plus the fullness I need to get me through to lunch! I use to be a cereal with milk girl and was starving by 10am, and craved even more carbs. With more protein added to my diet (esp at breakfast), I feel better and have lost weight just by making some easy changes.

#18 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
                • 718 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:06 AM

Breakfast is very important meal of the day. One of my doctors said, it's better to skip meals during lunch or dinner but never skip breakfast.

#19 richarsd

richarsd
                  • 331 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:42 AM

Eggs!!! I eat them almost every morning, cooked in different ways but usually hard boiled or poached! I know some people worry about the cholesterol but that theory has been recently disproven so the jury's still out on it...and my cholesterol is fine so I'm not too concerned. If you are concerned, just eat the whites...but eggs are high in omega fats, which actually increase the healthy cholesterol and lower the bad. And I also have a protein shake with half a cup of berries. Yum :)

#20 Maritza919

Maritza919
                    • 421 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:25 AM

Today I made a blueberry shake with almond milk and some vanilla extract. So easy! I also had one of those activia yogurts with fiber. Not a big breakfast person but trying to be healthy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users