Anyone Use Steel Drum for Ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 classadiva

classadiva
  • 685 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:42 PM

Hi,

We've pretty much decided that we are going to use a steel pan one man band for our cocktail hour and a DJ for the remainder of the reception. I thought about using a flutist for the wedding ceremony, but now I am re-thinking this and considering using the steel pan band for the ceremony too.

Has anyone done this? If so, how did it turn out. Also, is there any resource for what songs they could play for my bridal walk, processional, etc.? Thanks.

#2 Sheree10

Sheree10
    • 1,026 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:30 AM

We're also using a steel drum. It will go with the whole island DW theme. I haven't really thought about the songs they'll play. I'm sure they will now what to do.
      http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#3 Mrs.B

Mrs.B
      • 455 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:45 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by classadiva
        Hi,

We've pretty much decided that we are going to use a steel pan one man band for our cocktail hour and a DJ for the remainder of the reception. I thought about using a flutist for the wedding ceremony, but now I am re-thinking this and considering using the steel pan band for the ceremony too.

Has anyone done this? If so, how did it turn out. Also, is there any resource for what songs they could play for my bridal walk, processional, etc.? Thanks.
        I have been thinking about using a steel drum for my ceremony as well. I think it will set the mood. Steel drummers can play a lot of the usual wedding songs. Check out Bob Lyons on YouTube. He has quite a few wedding songs on his playlist.

#4 classadiva

classadiva
        • 685 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:49 AM

Thank you both....I will definitely check out Mr.Lyons. I never really thought about it until this week...but the more I think of it...the more I like the idea!!

#5 nbills511

nbills511
          • 164 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:29 PM

I definitely would like to use a steel drum band as well!! Are you planning to book this through your resort??

#6 AishaB

AishaB
            • 2,350 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:51 PM

Definitely using steel pan for ceremony and most likely cocktail hour. I love steel pan music.
              BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#7 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
              • 1,572 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:24 PM

We used the steel drum band and they were awesome! They played for the ceremony and cocktail hour and was well worth the money.

More details and pictures in my wedding review.

#8 wendyjd

wendyjd
                • 968 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:06 PM

I like this idea. Any idea how much it would cost for the ceremony?

#9 classadiva

classadiva
                  • 685 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:51 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by nbills511
                    I definitely would like to use a steel drum band as well!! Are you planning to book this through your resort??
                    So sorry...I just saw this thread again...I could have booked through the resort, but I was able to get an outside vendor for less than half of what the resort wanted to charge. We are using the steel pan drum for the ceremony and cocktail hour.

Wendy...the cost will depend upon the vendor and/or how much your resort charges. I have found that you must shop around. The prices seem comparable to the cost of a flutist/violinist....but...I shopped around and got a good rate.

#10 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
                    • 224 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:07 PM

I love the sound of the steel drum... u guys using a live or pre-recorded (cd) one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users