Sign in to follow this  
LadyTrunck

Not trying to be a baby! My back is killing me!!

Sorry, but I really have to let it out.....I commute about an hour each way every day, and have a desk job. My ergonomics are perfect, I stretch during the day, I walk on my breaks. However, my mid-upper back, shoulders, neck has been KILLING me these past two weeks!! It started gradually a few months ago, and it has been so unbearable the past two days I have not gone to work sad.gif

I went to two different doctors yesterday, and today, and they both did the same thing. Strong ibuprofen 3x a day and muscle relaxers. While it helps, it is just frustrating that it is not a permanent fix. I have some more weight to lose with toning, and working out seems like it would be hell right now.

I'm so frustrated- but trying not to be to stress my back--- but I cannot help it....Just a side note: we live this far from my job because FI works LONG hours and on the weekends, and I felt that it was worth the sacrifice to live closer to his work so we could spend as much time together as possible. He has tried to get us to move closer, but it just cannot happen right now.......Dear, Dear, FI. He is an angel.

I really just had to throw myself a pity party, I'm sorry!! But I know that my BDW girls just always have encouraging words smile03.gif

Hang in there girly! I hope you feel better real soon. Try a heat pack, they have the ones that adhere to your skin.. it stays warm for up to eight hours!! I have similar issues, but the pain stays in my lower back region and these packs always make me feel better. I think they are by Thermacare..goodluck

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. sad.gif

Do you think maybe it's a posture thing? I was watching some show today (something on Style, I think) about a special seat for your chair at work that makes you sit up straight and also some kind of brace thing to keep you from slouching.

Maybe something like that would help out?

I totally appreciate that Annabanana- but that was another thing that the Dr's said that I was doing right. Years of my Grandmother pushing my lower back in, shoulders back, chin up.... I used to hate it but now I'm grateful! I have also changed my chair at work, and have a lumbar support attachment. Sheesh!

I know sad.gif Dr. said that it's a common problem, especially with my commute and definitely in my line of work. They both said that I'm doing everything right, and it's just something I have to deal and work with. So disheartening! They also prescribed physical therapy, so I hope that helps. My insurance is going to get a workout with PT, massage, and meds!! Haha- poor FI is going to get carpal tunnel massaging me so much. Also- I am blessed to lead a very stress free life- so that can't be the issue. Thanks for listening!

poor you.it sounds like muscle strain which ibuprofen is great for.with it being in your shoulders it may be a little stress too.you need massages and heat rubs and no work outs im afraid.hope you get back to work and feeling better soon.get your puppy to jump around on your back lol x

OMG, Jannae! You're not a baby, and I totally know what you mean. I started commuting an hour (in good traffic, as many as 3 hours in bad traffic!), and it really takes a toll on your body. I've been going to a chiro, getting monthly deep tissue massages, stretching, and doing yoga in order to manage it.

I don't stretch during the day nearly as much as I should. Sometimes I get caught up in my work and I realize it's been a while since I've stood up or stretched. I thought working on my feet all day was tough on my body; I didn't realize how hard sitting on my duff could be!!