Photo

#1 reason you picked your location

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:51 AM

Main reason for me was the wedding gazebo.

#22 Cindy*

Cindy*
    • 2,655 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:28 AM

We wanted the nicest place possible at a price that our guests could afford. Really, it was through this site that I found and chose Dreams Los Cabos. I love the gazebo and reception location. I'm really happy with everything included in the wedding package and all the pictures people have posted from there are just amazing. Plus they allow kids which was a must for some of our guests.

#23 YIweddings

YIweddings
      • 173 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:18 PM

Stress free.
        I'm a wedding planner at home and didn't want vendors getting mad if I picked someone else, plus everyone would expect I'd have the wedding of the year which I can't afford. Of course who is going to do all the grunt work I'm used to doing the day of. I want to enjoy.I've heard great things about the Majestic Colonial and this site is a more helpful than I thought possible.
        Soon to be Mrs. Kramer

#24 Jenn79

Jenn79
        • 625 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:56 PM

For me it was a combination of a few things:

I lived in Bermuda when I was younger, and decided at a very young age I would be going back to get married.

Picking the actual location happened when I saw the staircase leading down to the beach, I just fell in love with how it looked.

The legalities of getting married in Bermuda were pretty straight forward, and the marriage is recognized in Canada so there was no need for a legal ceremony on top of the one in Bermuda.

Because I had lived there, I knew what I wanted and what wouldn't work, no matter what the coordinators tried to suggest. They had some great ideas, but I just wanted to get married barefoot in the sand, and without having previous knowledge, I might have been coerced into something I didn't need.
          Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
          Review Pictures Pro Pictures
          "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#25 Positanobride10

Positanobride10
          • 205 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

We chose Italy because we wanted a destination wedding but are not "beachy" people. We were always going to honeymoon there and just thought getting married there was a cool idea. We chose the hotel at which we are staying because of glowing reviews (trip advisor), price and cleanliness. We are getting married at the town hall in Positano because of ease. If we chose a traditional religious ceremony we'd have to go through even more paperwork...we're swamped as it is so I think we made the best decision for us.

#26 vlynnw

vlynnw
            • 6,003 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:12 PM

We chose ours based on the price for our guests.
              Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#27 taugania

taugania
              • 171 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:32 PM

My fiance has wanted to get married on a beach in Bermuda ever since the first time he visited.
                --Victoria--
                http://taugania.blogspot.com/

http://global.thekno...rs/tt4808a.aspx***Bride, Groom and 18 guests booked***

#28 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:51 PM

I chose Beaches Boscobel for a variety of reasons, but mostly b/c it was the nicest place that allowed children to attend.

#29 kymkymkym

kymkymkym
                  • 217 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:01 PM

Cost - plus its a nice resort that allows kids and is all inclusive :)

#30 breeze616

breeze616
                    • 1,760 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:14 PM

I mostly chose Jamaica because of the ease of getting married there in comparison with Mexico. Its also affordable, beautiful and I love the people & culture!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users