I really need Your Help Ladies!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Emilyg81

• 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:08 AM

I haveno clue what im doing.... I pick things out and my mother and bridesmaids tell me no, pretty much that the things are ugly and dont go and i cant do that cause its a july wedding.... So i need your help and opinions and be honest cause i have no idea. My mother says no to everything so she just does it cause she wants it to be what she wants... So I am getting married in July and i am having my girls in the After six dress from Dessy.com style 6556p in Citrus Ombre.. which is orange and pink... i cant find anything i like in that pink color so i found these table runners in Fuschia that I love..

Wholesale wedding Fuschia & White flocking taffeta runner.

Everyones telling me that because the pink on it is velvet that i cant do it cause its a july wedding. My thought is its going on the table you are not wearing it so whats the big deal? And i know its fuschia and not the same pink as in the dresses is that bad also? White linens, white napkins, White chair covers with white sashes and s small orange and pink floiwer on the bow..... That table runner..... and a small orange ribbon around my napkins. Center pieces are very simple silver candle holder with a hurricane lamp with floating taper candle.... Is the table runner totally wrong? Cause its velvet? wrong color? or will it be fine? PLEASE HELP!!!!

#2 snoopAsh

• 400 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:26 AM

I think that the runner is very cute and different.

You dont want to match your bridesmaids with everything!! I think that you should get them! :)
      May 29, 2010
      Cancun, Mexico

#3 *HOLLY*

• Banned
      • 3,639 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:35 AM

I like them alot. This is your day who cares what others think if you like it go for it!

#4 breeze616

• 1,760 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:39 AM

Velvet flocking for a damask print is very elegant any time of year. I love it! You will never find the exact shade of pink for every element of your wedding.. instead, go for various shades of pink and orange in your flowers and other decor and you will get a better cohesive look.

Good luck!

#5 Fivecents

• Site Supporter
          • 72 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

I think their very nice!

Here's what a friend of mine told me not that long ago. This is your wedding, yes people will have their opinions BUT this is your day, you and your man's day, SO if you're happy with how everything goes and how everything looks and what you want is incorporated in what your vision is.....then that's all that matters.

#6 hat0112

• 1,219 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:13 AM

I think you should go for it. You don't need to have everything match perfectly and if you try you will go insane.

And who cares if it is velvet? Like you said, it's not like they are wearing it and I think it looks nice.
              Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#7 McToasty

• 170 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:24 AM

I like it. :) I think sometimes ppl can't *see* how pieces will work together until they actually see it. I was watching Say Yes to the Dress and the designer at the store said that brides often choose a dress that they originally said they didn't want. But once you put it on, it's a different story. I definitely think you should use it. It'll look amazing.

#8 anita09

• 156 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:31 AM

I think it looks great. I say go for it.....It's your wedding and your day...and you should do whatever makes you happy.

#9 Vallarta_2009

• 236 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

Those look great! Very chic indeed. I agree with what everyone else has said a) it's your day, your choices and B) having the shades of orange and pink will look beautiful. It's not like your bridesmaids are going to hold up the runner to their dresses and say 'Hey, look it doesn't match my dress!'

#10 juliepfeif

• 286 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:15 PM

I think it will look great - especially with white linens. And I agree with the other posters that you'll never match colors "exactly" and having various shades of pink will look fantastic!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users