What is your gift to your groom?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 loua4

loua4
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:33 AM

Hi everyone,
    My name is Amanda. I am trying to figure out what to get as the gift to my groom. I see lots of boudoir books, but whatelse? Help!
    thanks in advance for any ideas that I get.

#2 latoya1908

latoya1908
    • 170 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:25 PM

Well, for me, I'm going ALL out....LOL! I love dogs, but I never had one as a pet growing up so I'm not exactly all geeked about owning own. My FI, on the other hand, has always had a pet and would like for us to get one sometime after we move in together. Till now, I've been dodging the conversation. When I saw how hurt he was when he had to put his dog down back in November, I decided to get him one as a wedding gift.

Given that I can't take a dog to Jamaica (LOL), I'm going to wrap a purple dog collar and give it to him along with a card that's written as though it's coming from our future four-legged family member. We can pick it out together when we get back.

#3 FutureMrsSharpe

FutureMrsSharpe
      • 73 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:24 PM

That is such a cute idea! I never would have thought to give the collar as the gift first. You'll have to post pictures of your "newest family member" when you get it!

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:53 PM

There are some threads that already discuss this topic:
          http://bestdestinati....g-groom-47757/

http://bestdestinati....s-gifts-31368/

http://bestdestinati....s-gifts-31370/

#5 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
          • 376 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:56 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by latoya1908
            Well, for me, I'm going ALL out....LOL! I love dogs, but I never had one as a pet growing up so I'm not exactly all geeked about owning own. My FI, on the other hand, has always had a pet and would like for us to get one sometime after we move in together. Till now, I've been dodging the conversation. When I saw how hurt he was when he had to put his dog down back in November, I decided to get him one as a wedding gift.

Given that I can't take a dog to Jamaica (LOL), I'm going to wrap a purple dog collar and give it to him along with a card that's written as though it's coming from our future four-legged family member. We can pick it out together when we get back.
            Aww, that is such a sweet gift! Major wife points there.

#6 loua4

loua4
            • 397 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

that is so cute about the dog! I hope he likes it. i am a vet tech so I do not need anymore pets. They are so great to have though. thank you so much for the other links. I was looking forever for something like this in the search but nothing came up. :)

#7 shellk

shellk
              • 1,784 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:19 PM

i got bd book,a jigsaw that says you complete me,a designer shaving/pampering kit.

#8 miznunu2010

miznunu2010
                • 248 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

That is a very cute idea. My fiance and I decided not to exchange gifts to keep the cost down for us. We normally go all out on gifts. I was so happy when he said dont get anything. He did not have to tell me twice I have not though about it since then.

#9 vdaybride

vdaybride
                  • 1,412 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

I got him a Tiffany's watch.. thank goodness for relative 50% off discounts
                    Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#10 loua4

loua4
                    • 397 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

those are all great ideas! thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users