Jump to content

Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#1661 Nicyx

Nicyx
  • Sr. Member
  • 2,914 posts

    Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:02 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FutureMrsRobart
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nicyx
    I love that you are using 3 different coulours of the same dress thats a great idea and the dress is gorgeous :-)
    I think your dress is stunning, cant wait to see you in it :-) You will look gorgeous x
    And your logo is fab... Its really something....

    Where did you get your coasters from?

    Argh.... NEED TO BUY, NEED TO BUY........
    We need to pay for the rest of hol and wedding package so not really sure i will be making any purchases before aug?! unless i sneak one or two things in here and there :-)
    I have bought 3 lovely dresses, a pair of gladiator sandals and a beach bag from H&M though a cople of weeks ago, as i really reaaly liked and i just kno if i waited they wouldnt be there ;-p

    You have really got some gorgeous stuff there...

    xoxo
    I'm such a dreamer I thought that I answered this already - sorry :-s

    I got the coasters from

    Sea Breezes Beach Glass Photo Coasters

    but I have seen them on a bunch of sites. We're getting our pics taken on the beach whenever we do our site visit so, one of those will be in the coasters on the table. Thanks - I'm glad you like them.
    Thanks for the info, i love these coasters I think they are a great Idea, were not doing OOT bags but something like this would be a lovely thank you to guests and at the same time give them something to use all the time when they get home.... xox

    #1662 prettypigpig

    prettypigpig
    • Banned
    • 1,034 posts

      Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:44 PM

      I really don't know what to put in OOT bags..I guess I will make them around this time next year! As I don't know how many people are coming..and what my bonus looks like...LOL...

      Bonnie

      Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


      #1663 mexbride83

      mexbride83
      • Jr. Member
      • 309 posts

        Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

        SunnyD - I chose Mexico because I have been to Jamaica and Punta Cana, but have only been to Cancun once, and I was young. So I wanted to go somewhere "new"! But I have been all over the Caribbean (Bahamas, Caymans, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and obviously Jamaica and DR) and I have to say that the beaches in Punta Cana are above and beyond the MOST beautiful beaches that I have been to!! If I (and all of my BMs) hadn't already been there twice, and if it had good diving (my fiance's one request), then I absolutely would've chosen it for my wedding!!! Not to sway you away from Mexico, as that's what I chose, but from what I've seen about Mexico beaches online, they just don't compare to the ones in Punta Cana:)

        However, on the Mexico side... the activities there were another huge draw for us! We have been wanting to go to Chitchen Itza (we've been to 3 of the 7 wonders of the world together, and are aiming to get to all of them:), and we love that our guests have plenty of activity options other than beach and water activities. The chance to go to ruins and the cenotes was a very unique one. Also flights to Mexico are super cheap from the US!

        #1664 prettypigpig

        prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

          Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by mexbride83
          SunnyD - I chose Mexico because I have been to Jamaica and Punta Cana, but have only been to Cancun once, and I was young. So I wanted to go somewhere "new"! But I have been all over the Caribbean (Bahamas, Caymans, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and obviously Jamaica and DR) and I have to say that the beaches in Punta Cana are above and beyond the MOST beautiful beaches that I have been to!! If I (and all of my BMs) hadn't already been there twice, and if it had good diving (my fiance's one request), then I absolutely would've chosen it for my wedding!!! Not to sway you away from Mexico, as that's what I chose, but from what I've seen about Mexico beaches online, they just don't compare to the ones in Punta Cana:)

          However, on the Mexico side... the activities there were another huge draw for us! We have been wanting to go to Chitchen Itza (we've been to 3 of the 7 wonders of the world together, and are aiming to get to all of them:), and we love that our guests have plenty of activity options other than beach and water activities. The chance to go to ruins and the cenotes was a very unique one. Also flights to Mexico are super cheap from the US!
          I have to agree...The reef right off Cozumel is insane! Beach at Cozumel and Cayo Coco, Cuba are so far the nicest ones I've seen. Of course, I never been to Punta Cana, and because my FI's first gf's mother was murdered in Punta Cana, DR ...plus it is right next to Haiti, I guess I won't go there.

          Bonnie

          Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


          #1665 Guest_iluckie_*

          Guest_iluckie_*
          • Guests

            Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:25 AM

            in this case, i live in NYC too, I do!! so WTH!!!

            #1666 FutureMrsRobart

            FutureMrsRobart
            • Jr. Member
            • 254 posts

              Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:16 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Nicyx
              Thanks for the info, i love these coasters I think they are a great Idea, were not doing OOT bags but something like this would be a lovely thank you to guests and at the same time give them something to use all the time when they get home.... xox
              Nada prob :-) They come exactly as shown too with the white organza ribbon/bow tied on and packaged in sets of 2.
              http://www.whenismyw....90426edcc4.gif

              Us + 5 Kids + 34 Adults = 41 Booked

              #1667 roxmysockz

              roxmysockz
              • Jr. Member
              • 418 posts

                Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by iluckie
                in this case, i live in NYC too, I do!! so WTH!!!
                Think this was to you cjb0arder13! x

                #1668 cjb0arder13

                cjb0arder13
                • Jr. Member
                • 310 posts

                  Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:45 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by iluckie
                  in this case, i live in NYC too, I do!! so WTH!!!

                  Yep, totally agree...it's absolutely ridiculous and stupid and I bet if more brides were aware of it, they'd choose to get married at other resorts not owned by Karisma.

                  #1669 Nicyx

                  Nicyx
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,914 posts

                    Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:54 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by roxmysockz
                    Think this was to you cjb0arder13! x
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
                    Yep, totally agree...it's absolutely ridiculous and stupid and I bet if more brides were aware of it, they'd choose to get married at other resorts not owned by Karisma.
                    Hmmm, Have i missed something :-) x Whats going on? x sorry im just nosey x

                    #1670 cjb0arder13

                    cjb0arder13
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 310 posts

                    Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:30 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Nicyx
                    Hmmm, Have i missed something :-) x Whats going on? x sorry im just nosey x

                    This was about the photographer situation...how my resort won't allow outside photographers from Mexico. We either have to use the resort photogs, or bring one from the States who must stay a minimum of 3 nights. Ivan was my preferred photographer, but they won't allow me to use him (even though he is GREAT, and I highly recommend him for any of you other brides!!!)




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users