Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nicyx

Any 2011 Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

Oh I have missed so much over the past few days.....catching up in my lunch at work...

 

Linhy - love your bags and invites - i tend to think less is more - really pretty. With regards to the extra instructions i would just send this to people who confirm they are attending. I did an info pack; with full hotel details, flights, facilities etc once they had confirmed. There are only 18 of us going though and we all booked at the same time.

 

prettypigpig - your website is great - it makes me think i need to get a wriggle on with mine.

 

Mischaka - i see you are going to one of the Catalonia Hotels as well have you had your date confirmed yet? Im going to Catalonia Riviera Maya and have been given a prov date of 24/01/11 but this cant be confirmed until about August time.

 

Michelle - -well done on your AHR - where did you opt for in the end?

 

Julie2011 - all the gun battles etc is on the borders - not down on the coast. Just remember its YOUR wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the feedback, my FI and I finally decided on a date and location....NOw which resort!! ?? haha We are doing our best to narrow it down....so many beautiful resorts. I think Valentin Imperial and Secrets are great, not sure yet about the prices ;/

 

So pending date is ......May 14, 2011, Playa Del Carmen

 

Oh yeah I noticed some of you have logos for your date and location. Where can I make one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

josietoms - yes it was confirmed by my TA!! we confirmed it in Feb. I wouldn't stop bugging my TA until it was confirmed. lol If you have a TA they might be get that date confirmed a little faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

 

I'm a newbie to BDW and I am so excited to have found this site. I have set a date of June 27th 2011. Currently looking at either Jamaica or Mexico. I look forward to talking with everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischaka View Post
josietoms - yes it was confirmed by my TA!! we confirmed it in Feb. I wouldn't stop bugging my TA until it was confirmed. lol If you have a TA they might be get that date confirmed a little faster.
Yeah been quite relaxed about it - but have decided I am going to nag nag nag my TA - sent them an email as they had closed by the time i got home. I work as a customer service manager so am constantly on the phone to people giving them a hard time to sort out problems - now I'm gonna be the customer that wont give up. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusMe4E View Post
Hello

I'm a newbie to BDW and I am so excited to have found this site. I have set a date of June 27th 2011. Currently looking at either Jamaica or Mexico. I look forward to talking with everyone.
Welcome and congrats. This site does become a fountain of ideas - look forward to chatting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening everyone smile159.gif

 

Mrs.G2B, welcome3.gif and congratulations.... 14th May, so nice when you have a date :-) look forward to hearing about your wedding planning :-)

 

& JusMe4E, welcome1.gif to you 2, cant wait to hear where you decide!

 

Michelle, Thats great... £800 is a fab discount.. Again congrats on getting the palce you want, bet your both so made up :-) Gosh your MIL sounds a right pain.... I hope you make up soon and she lets you get on with it!!! its awful when people do that!!! :-( Were quite lucky compared to some of you guys, my parents and stephens parents just let us get on with it.... I really hope she gets over it soon!!!! xox

 

Linhy... i agree, im sure all our days will come together perfectly, and we will all wonder what some of the stuff we worried about sometimes was all about!!! hehe x

 

Mischaka, i agree with linhy, your website is fab :-) There a few fab free wedding websites, i used momentville, and like you wth mywedding.com, i found it dead easy to use... never thought at all to do a wedding website at all but after seeing a few on here i thought "why not" :-)

 

Im just at a loose end now.... getting so annoyed at the prices not being avaiable, just feel i cant do anything else until we have wedding booked.... I did buy 1 or 2 things yesterday for OOT bags but not sure what to do with these properly yet? I just bought some insect repellent (just incase... i get bitten like mad where and when ever we go away) not sure what Mexico is like for mosquitos but i am being prepared no matter what. some lip balm and some antibacterial wipes... hmmm... nothing much of interest really.

Not that you really wana see but here is my legs/feet after 3/4 days in Cuba.....

 

smile43.gif I was in agony, especially at night!!!!!

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Thats why im taking repellent for me and my guests!!!!! as i certainly dont want that on my wedding day..... Can anyone put my mind at rest and let me know what its like in Mexico for mosquitos?

My FI is so so lucky as he NEVER gets bitten... not even once.. I really must have god blood!!! LOL x

 

x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
Good evening everyone smile159.gif

Mrs.G2B, welcome3.gif and congratulations.... 14th May, so nice when you have a date :-) look forward to hearing about your wedding planning :-)

& JusMe4E, welcome1.gif to you 2, cant wait to hear where you decide!

Michelle, Thats great... £800 is a fab discount.. Again congrats on getting the palce you want, bet your both so made up :-) Gosh your MIL sounds a right pain.... I hope you make up soon and she lets you get on with it!!! its awful when people do that!!! :-( Were quite lucky compared to some of you guys, my parents and stephens parents just let us get on with it.... I really hope she gets over it soon!!!! xox

Linhy... i agree, im sure all our days will come together perfectly, and we will all wonder what some of the stuff we worried about sometimes was all about!!! hehe x

Mischaka, i agree with linhy, your website is fab :-) There a few fab free wedding websites, i used momentville, and like you wth mywedding.com, i found it dead easy to use... never thought at all to do a wedding website at all but after seeing a few on here i thought "why not" :-)

Im just at a loose end now.... getting so annoyed at the prices not being avaiable, just feel i cant do anything else until we have wedding booked.... I did buy 1 or 2 things yesterday for OOT bags but not sure what to do with these properly yet? I just bought some insect repellent (just incase... i get bitten like mad where and when ever we go away) not sure what Mexico is like for mosquitos but i am being prepared no matter what. some lip balm and some antibacterial wipes... hmmm... nothing much of interest really.
Not that you really wana see but here is my legs/feet after 3/4 days in Cuba.....

smile43.gif I was in agony, especially at night!!!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thats why im taking repellent for me and my guests!!!!! as i certainly dont want that on my wedding day..... Can anyone put my mind at rest and let me know what its like in Mexico for mosquitos?
My FI is so so lucky as he NEVER gets bitten... not even once.. I really must have god blood!!! LOL x

x
Ouch! itchy itchy! Ok I have good news and bad news on the Mexican muzzies. Bad news are:
-Yes they have muzzies at the resorts. Especially the ones next to woods.
-It depends on which months you are going, but in general, they have muzzies 12 months on 12 months. During the rainny and summer months, there are a lot of muzzies, especially, after the rain. When it is windy, muzzies hide.
-Muzzies eat at night!
-Besides muzzies, they also got somethings much smaller (u can't see them normally) and bite/eat you alive (forgot the name of it). Just like mini/micro jellyfishes in the ocean, sometimes u got a huge patch of rash after snokeling with a life jacket...oh well..apparently you may get bomb by mini jellyfish when the life jacket trap them (and yes, they are groupies, so u get a patch of rash as a result).

Now the good news are:
Mexican Muzzies are choosy eaters. Between me and my mom, they would pick my mom, and not me. However, between me and my FI, they would love to eat me alive. Therefore, as long as u stay next to a Muzzies fave, you are fine.

Normal Mosquitoes spray in the western world DOESN'T WORK! Pick the STRONGEST one, and then buy the MEXICAN one there!

I found this amazing product called ThermalCell, and tested it on my last trip to Mexico. I became very popular around the resort! It works on a 9ft x9ft radius, so people around me didn't got bitten at all. I didn't have to spray those yucky spray on me.

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michelle,

I totally understand what u are going thru. I ran into trouble when I was playing with my FI's 4 yrs old nephew and he hurted himself when he was trying to hit me with an elastic..and it backfired on him. My MIL went CRAZY (trust me ...on this one..CRAZY is a very generous word). Since then, I kept a good distance, and only see her on X'mas and her B-day. Now, we are in good terms, as I always give her gifts, and her son is well with me.

 

Julie,

It is your day, so if your uncle is too scared, then let him stay home.

 

Josie,

I used to be a CS rep...oh man..I don't miss those days.

 

JustMe4E,

 

Take you time and pick the resort of your dream. This forum offers you tons of reviews, feedbacks and ideas!

 

Nicola,

 

Go get the ThemaCell, you don't wanna have bite marks all over you on your wedding day.

 

Linhy,

 

What you are going to do with you got more people then you need to make a nice table? Put them aside with a separate table...so they won't be in the big perfect pic? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow Nicyx- those are nasty bites...yikes- we were there the middle of April last year with no problems but I have heard of people getting eaten alive.

 

Prettypig- thats hilarious about your dad- sounds like a real character! Im sure it was not so funny as you were growing up though.

 

Mischa- great wedding page =)

 

Michelle- thanks, I know I have to remind myself it will all work out. I would rather he just stayed home anyway cause he is such a pessimist. Now if I could just get him to stop spreading the negativity!

 

Welcome jusme4e- this is a great place to be, wonderful ladies with lots of ideas =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • We are Clandestine Events, Wedding Planner & Events Agency located in Barcelona, Spain, one of the most beautyful, modern and cool cities in the world. We can help you to organize your destination wedding in Barcelona, doesn't matter where you come, and whats the style of your wedding. The team of Clandestine Events can design and plan each point of the wedding with the best providers. If you want more infromation contact with us ==> Wedding Destination Barcelona. Cheers!
    • Good afternoon, I wanted to inquire if anyone has or knows someone who got married at this resort. How was it? How are the coordinators? Packages that were chosen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
  • Topics

×