Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nicyx

Any 2011 Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

If I'm being totally honest I dont like this idea - we received a STD via facebook and email from some friends and i just thought it was a bit inpersonal and i know they didnt have very good feedback from friends and family - even in this virtual world we live in i think people still like to get a proper piece of paper/card x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, I'm new to this site. I'm getting married at Secrets Maroma May 2011. I'm very interested in know if any one used photographer Juan Navarro, his name was given to me by Cecilia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by josietoms View Post

 

If I'm being totally honest I dont like this idea - we received a STD via facebook and email from some friends and i just thought it was a bit inpersonal and i know they didnt have very good feedback from friends and family - even in this virtual world we live in i think people still like to get a proper piece of paper/card x

 

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too, but to save some money i was thinking of doing evites, and sending out our invitations 3 months in advance.  My FI, is all about NOT sending out save the dates, so i'm trying to pick my battles here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by kristamarie View Post

 

 

 

 

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too, but to save some money i was thinking of doing evites, and sending out our invitations 3 months in advance.  My FI, is all about NOT sending out save the dates, so i'm trying to pick my battles here.

 

We wanted to do both, so we decided not to do elaborate invitations to save money, which then paid for the save the date magnets. I do think the email/evite STD is impersonal, and would not do it. Depending on when your wedding is, could you send out STD with your Christmas cards, to save some money? Or perhaps make a wedding website, and send an email to your friends and family to tell them about the website, where they could get information and hence know the wedding date. Your email could simply say: We are just beginning to start our wedding planning, here's our website, which we'll keep up to date.... etc. Then your website has a little info about the two of you, the proposal, where the wedding is planned, etc. and as more information comes in you can post it. For example:' The invitations will be mailed out soon'.' Booking deadlines', etc. There are many free websites, or ones which are fairly cheap depending on what you want. If you want to look at one: www.miriamandluke.com is ours.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by kristamarie View Post

 

Thanks ladies!  I'll let you know what we decide to go with!

 

Another question...has anyone sent e-vite save the dates? or is that tacky?  Thoughts???

 

I don't think it is tacky, especially if you will have paper invites. I was going to do this to save money, because it's environmental friendly and to save time, now we might do postcards I'm not sure yet. I've heard about people doing all three too, e-mail with some info and then later STDs and finally invites. I believe there is a couple of threads about electronic STDs/invites pros and cons if you do a search.

A con might be if you have a lot of non-tech savvy guests for example, a pro for me is that we have guests coming from all over the world...that sums up to a lot of postage.

 

We do have a web site and will include the address to the site on both save the dates and invites even if we go with the postcards. We are using mywedding.com and it is free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by primavera View Post

 

 

 

 

I don't think it is tacky, especially if you will have paper invites. I was going to do this to save money, because it's environmental friendly and to save time, now we might do postcards I'm not sure yet. I've heard about people doing all three too, e-mail with some info and then later STDs and finally invites. I believe there is a couple of threads about electronic STDs/invites pros and cons if you do a search.

A con might be if you have a lot of non-tech savvy guests for example, a pro for me is that we have guests coming from all over the world...that sums up to a lot of postage.

 

We do have a web site and will include the address to the site on both save the dates and invites even if we go with the postcards. We are using mywedding.com and it is free.

We have a website too with all the information.  It's super cute.  I was going to sernd out the evite and have people RSVP, by going to our website.  IDK, I really don't want to do evite STDs but I know my FI is all for it.  We are getting married and buying a house in the same month so we are cutting as my corners as we can without being tacky.   I'll have to look for the other forum and see what the census is,.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by lami1818 View Post

 

Hi all, I'm new to this site. I'm getting married at Secrets Maroma May 2011. I'm very interested in know if any one used photographer Juan Navarro, his name was given to me by Cecilia.

 

WELCOME!

 

 

 

Originally Posted by kristamarie View Post

 

Thanks ladies!  I'll let you know what we decide to go with!

 

Another question...has anyone sent e-vite save the dates? or is that tacky?  Thoughts???

 

 

I skipped over STD and I am sending out my invitations this month for my wedding next May. It has a TA Letter in it on how to book and whatnot. I figure I will then do a reminder people via my christmas cards if they haven't booked yet. I also did Thank you card to snail mail for anyone that books. Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Abbie32,

We have the same wedding date! I am getting married on April 6, 2011 at the Iberostar Paraiso resort and I am definitely running into the same issue as you with the group quotes. I have obtained 3 different quotes so far, from 3 different companies and all were the same or more than the regular rates. That is pretty frustrating because it's not a deal at all! One of the travel agents did warn me that if we wait until closer to the day to book then we run the risk of the hotel or the airlines being sold out. She gave me an example of a wedding she was working on for the week of May1-7 and told me that it was already sold out right now! I didnt believe her so I did a search for those dates and she was right. I am sure there may be something available on other sites but that is a risk that does worry me. I also dont want to pay the high prices that I was quoted so I am torn:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by kristamarie View Post

 

Thanks ladies!  I'll let you know what we decide to go with!

 

Another question...has anyone sent e-vite save the dates? or is that tacky?  Thoughts???

I did save the date magnets. I got so many compliments on them. I got them at magnetstreet.com. One friend told me that it was really nice because with some cards you get them and then put them in a safe place for keeping. If you have a magnet, you put it on the fridge and you will always know the date and not forget about it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Hanna20 View Post

 

Hi Abbie32,

We have the same wedding date! I am getting married on April 6, 2011 at the Iberostar Paraiso resort and I am definitely running into the same issue as you with the group quotes. I have obtained 3 different quotes so far, from 3 different companies and all were the same or more than the regular rates. That is pretty frustrating because it's not a deal at all! One of the travel agents did warn me that if we wait until closer to the day to book then we run the risk of the hotel or the airlines being sold out. She gave me an example of a wedding she was working on for the week of May1-7 and told me that it was already sold out right now! I didnt believe her so I did a search for those dates and she was right. I am sure there may be something available on other sites but that is a risk that does worry me. I also dont want to pay the high prices that I was quoted so I am torn:(

When did your airfares come out? My wedding is in July and airfare hasnt been announced yet. My TA told me end of August but I havn't seen anything yet....Just curious

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×