Photo

assembly of OOT

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:02 PM

Like the majority of people, we packed our OOT items with us and assembled them when we got there. Since we were scared of the weight restrictions we had my BIL and my parents pack some of our stuff in their suitcases too.

#12 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:28 PM

yeah we packed the contents and had a few cocktails and then put them together in Mexico - helped make it go a lot quicker :)

#13 erinsny24

erinsny24
      • 109 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:31 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jess
        yeah we packed the contents and had a few cocktails and then put them together in Mexico - helped make it go a lot quicker :)
        That is a great idea! Everything is better with Cocktails! We will end up doing the same thing!!! Thank God my parents and sister are on our flight and I can distribute some stuff in their suitcases!

#14 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
        • 323 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:47 PM

I am wondering how necessary is the OOT bags? I was talking to some other gurls and they were under the impression that OOT bags were for weddings that have guests coming from out of town to attend a home based wedding in which case they are truly OOT guests. Meanwhile, for a destination wedding...all guests are OOtowners. Besides the token, inquite and personalized items you can add in a bad..from what I can tell..many of the items are a given to be packed by any vacationer...eg. advil, sunscreen...at least I would.

#15 ~Keira~

~Keira~
          • 1,338 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:48 PM

I did things a little differently. Since most of us live in the same area I hired a school bus to take us to and from the airport. I got picked up first so put each persons OOT bag on their seat ready for them. For those not on the bus we saw them before we left and gave them theirs then. It worked out really well but we also had a small group.
            ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#16 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
            • 547 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

Hi ladies! For those of you that packed your OOT goodies, did you have any trouble getting it through customs?? I just don't want to have it get stuck at the airport. Do they think its fishy you are traveling with so many little bottles of pepto and Tylenol?? LOL
              *~*JENN*~*

#17 vdaybride

vdaybride
              • 1,412 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:15 AM

I plan on packing my things in suitcases and transporting everything with me. I don't want any "drama" of my things not arriving where I need them to be when I need them there!
                Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#18 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
                • 417 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:29 PM

Our OOTs are already made...I plan to give them to everyone on the bus to the resort...something to do to fill an hour...However, we just realized it will take 2+ suitcases! and they are super heavy! OOPS! Thankfully my mom, sister and nephews have donated thier 'second" bag to me so I can get everything down there!
                  LOL!

#19 clfaidl2

clfaidl2
                  • 333 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:53 AM

We're going to try to give everyone their bags before the trip along with the prewedding brochure. Just thought it would save on weight for traveling, be less stressful, and they would already know what is in them prior to the trip (like bandaids, sunblock, hand sanitizer, etc) and not bring double with them. The only problem is the ppl that live kind of far away...may have to take those, but going to try to get rid of most of them before the trip!
                    ~Christina~

#20 KarenM

KarenM
                    • 1,920 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:54 AM

We're bringing everything to assemble the bags down there. We'll give a bag or 2 to FI's parents to bring, depending on how much we have. It doesn't look like that much right now, but I have a feeling when I try to put it all in a bag it's gonna expand quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users