assembly of OOT

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
  • 323 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:01 AM

Hi ladies,

It is great to read and see all the OOT content ideas on this forum. I just wonder do you assemble the bags before at home and ship them to the resort or do you ship the supplies and assemble them there and give them out when?? please advise. I have no idea. I never even knew about OOT bags until I started surfing this site.

I appreciate your time in replying,
    Jennifer

#2 Geralyn

Geralyn
    • 2,677 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:04 AM

we packed all the contents in suitcases and assembled them when we got there...some hotels do not allow you to ship things down prior so check with your resort

#3 Patti

Patti
      • 555 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:08 AM

We also assembled them once we arrived at the hotel. We met our guests at the front desk when they arrived and gave their bags to them at that time.

#4 isaidyes

isaidyes
        • 269 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

We are probably going to assemble them down in Jamaica. We were thinking of giving them to everyone at the airport but I don't know how much everyone will appreciate having the extra weight to carry on you know...

#5 SusieQ

SusieQ
          • 1,603 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:58 AM

we are transporting everythig with us and assemble in Mexico... I never heard of OOT bag either until this thread.

#6 isaidyes

isaidyes
            • 269 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:56 AM

Yeah I remember when I just joined I was like "OOT bags?" what's that?

Our neighbours were saying to my fiancee the other day that we are going above and beyond what he thinks most destination brides do. I told my fiancee that he should see some of the talented girls on this forum! I can't believe all the hardwork making thoughtful gifts you girls do!

#7 punkie569

punkie569
              • 255 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:45 PM

I didn't know about OOT bags before I came here either and I don't know what I would do without having them. We are bringing everything down with us and assembling them there. I found 2 small suitcases for $15 to bring everything we need with us because I figured it was cheaper than shipping it and this way I know it will get there.
                Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#8 bridej9

bridej9
                • 180 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:49 PM

That is a great question! I didn't even think of that, I also had not heard of OOT bags until this forum. Glad I've been reading!

#9 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
                  • 512 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:19 PM

Hey there - great question.

We brought everything down with us and assembled the bags there the day after we landed. We knew everyone would be sleeping late, so we got up uber early and ran around the resort and left a bag in front of each door (we got their room numbers from the front desk) so when they woke up, they'd find their bags.

Word of warning: We paid through the NOSE in baggage weight fees. We totally forgot about that and we were 20 kilos over in weight and for our airline we had to pay $10 per kilo we were over!! And it was all because of the OOT bag contents ... we actually had a bag and a 1/2 left empty when we were coming home ... just something you might want to take into consideration!

#10 Geralyn

Geralyn
                    • 2,677 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:33 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BlissfulMsMiranda
                      Hey there - great question.

We brought everything down with us and assembled the bags there the day after we landed. We knew everyone would be sleeping late, so we got up uber early and ran around the resort and left a bag in front of each door (we got their room numbers from the front desk) so when they woke up, they'd find their bags.

Word of warning: We paid through the NOSE in baggage weight fees. We totally forgot about that and we were 20 kilos over in weight and for our airline we had to pay $10 per kilo we were over!! And it was all because of the OOT bag contents ... we actually had a bag and a 1/2 left empty when we were coming home ... just something you might want to take into consideration!
                      yes we had almost 2 suitcases full with just OOT stuff...we gave them to my BIL and his girlfriend since they only had 1 bag each and were allowed 2...so it worked out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users