Photo

~*Lisa's planning thread, with pics of course!!*~

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:25 AM

I seriously cannot believe that it’s my turn to do this. My, oh my, a year has gone by WAY too fast! I am so thankful that I found this great forum. I don’t even remember how I came about it, but all I remember is thinking, OMG, I can’t believe there’s this awesome place where people, like me, are having destination weddings! Tammy, you’re the best for starting this little place of heaven! I can’t even begin to think/name all the times that I’ve come here for help/ideas. There are so many wonderful ladies here (and yes, a few men too!) and I just want to thank all of you for all your help and support along the way. I’ve met some awesome people here, I this forum! Thanks!!!

Ok, on to the fun stuff…

E-Pics
    My cousin, who is a photographer, took our engagement pictures. We had such a great time and I am so happy with them. Here’s the link to some of the pics: Click the image to open in full size. It’s a quad princess cut setting. When the light hits it, it looks amazing! We bought our wedding bands from Robert Brown Jewellers. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
    Click the image to open in full size.
    Ok, so apparently I suck and got lazy and didn't take any pics of the created bags or cups *sigh*! Anyway, I'll add them when I get back if I can! Again, sorry! lol Also, apparently my welcome letter isn't the right format...GRRRR!

After lots of debating, tears and discussions, we finally decided on a DW. FI had never travelled before, so I knew that anywhere would be amazing for him. I wanted to go somewhere where I knew that would be completely wonderful for the both of us. I attended my cousin’s wedding in 2008 at ROR in Jamaica. I fell in love with Jamaica then and I knew that I wanted to go back. Obviously I didn’t want to go to the same resort, so we chose the Riu in Negril. It looks amazing! Hotel Negril, Jamaica ClubHotel Riu Negril - RIU Hotels & Resorts

more to come...

#2 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
    • 2,287 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:43 AM

Honeymoon
      We will be spending an extra week at the same resort as our honeymoon. We didn’t feel the need to move to another resort even though some of my family will be there for the second week as well. We’ll have time alone, that I’m not worried about!!

Invitations
      As we were trying to keep our costs down, we just wanted to do something really, really simple for invitations. So this is what we came up with! Click the image to open in full size.
      inside
      rsvp postcard front (from Vista print)
      rsvp postcard back

Guestbook
      I didn’t really want to haul around a guestbook for the wedding, so I thought of creating these cards that will also serve as place cards. They’ll be easy to throw in the suitcase and not too heavy. Click the image to open in full size.

I seriously think there is a lot more, but it is now 5:40 am on the morning we leave and I've been up for 2 hours already...sheesh!! See how much I love you guys, I made time to do this before I left! I should try and get a little more sleep, but I doubt that's happening anytime soon! Thanks so much again to everyone for their thoughts/ideas/comments. I would not have been able to do all this without this place!!

lots of love,
      Lisa

#3 shellk

shellk
      • 1,784 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:52 AM

lisa everything looks great.i feel honoured to have followed your stories and feel like ive been a little part of your planning.i hope you have a fabulous day and a great honeymoon.we will await you pics on your return.your a special person and you deserve this special time.

#4 baj

baj
        • 1,555 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:45 AM

Great job as always Lisa thanks for sharing, congrat's to you both and have a geat wedding day.

#5 FutureMrs.D

FutureMrs.D
          • 191 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:58 AM

Wow, great job Lisa! It all looks great!

#6 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
            • 2,233 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:31 AM

Everything looks wonderful!! Have a great Wedding and Honeymoon!!!
              July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#7 SusieQ

SusieQ
              • 1,603 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:47 AM

OH Lisa!!! thank you for sharing your story with us. You have the time of your life and please update us when you get back. Take Care Girl

#8 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
                • Banned
                • 3,639 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:23 PM

Everything looks perfect. Enjoy your special day. Can not wait to see pics and stories when you get back!

#9 Butterflyf369

Butterflyf369
                  • 706 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:27 PM

Everything thing looks wonderful. Hope you post your wedding pics.

#10 vlynnw

vlynnw
                    • 6,003 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:30 PM

Great job Lisa! Hope you have a wonderful time on your weddingmoon!
                      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users