Save the Dates, Website RSVP's and Invitations....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kuzya

• 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:06 PM

Hi Ladies,
    We sent out STD's a while back that referenced our wedding website. The website gave people the opportunity to go ahead and RSVP to our wedding and AHR. We had a few people RSVP with regrets on the website saying they will not be attending.
    I am getting ready to mail out invitations next week.... Do I send an invitation to the people that already RSVP'd with a "no" on our website? I know it is proper etiquette to send invitations to everyone that received a STD, and I have no problem with sending them... I just don't want to send the invitations and have them think "Geez, I already said no!" or, have them think we are just sending the invitation to get them to send a gift....
    Anyone else run into this?
    Thanks for your help!

#2 becks1581

• 477 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:55 PM

Hmmm...that's a really good question. You'd probably be ok either way but I think that I probably wouldn't send an invitation to ppl who RSVP'd no UNLESS they were a really close friend of mine and I still planned to invite them to other wedding-related events like showers or bachelorette parties. If it's someone very close to you, they might still enjoy getting the invite and feeling included.

#3 vdaybride

• 1,412 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:16 AM

I wouldn't still send an invite to someone who already RSVP'd no, but that is just my opinion. Good luck..I am sure you will get a lot of responses to help you decide
        Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#4 aprilmay

• 266 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:41 AM

I wouldn't send an invite if they RSVP'd online, they've already told you no, no use in asking them again!

#5 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:02 AM

I agree with the others. There's no reason to send them one, because they've already told you their decision.

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#6 QueenDiva

• 521 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

Yea, if I already took the time to reply "no", I probably would wonder why I'm receiving an invite in the mail.

#7 wedinsanjuan

• 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:21 PM

I wouldnt waste the invitation. My invitations were $5 a piece so if they even hint that they arent coming they arent getting an invite :)

#8 KittenHeart

• 3,103 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:27 PM

I had the same dilemna! I decided to send a wedding annoucement photo of us after the wedding to those who RSVP'd that they weren't attending before sending out my invites. I don't think it's necessary to send them an invite if they already aren't planning on going. Some of my family (in Shanghai) asked me to send them an invite so they could see it and not able to attend so I plan on sending invites to people that have requested it.

Hope that helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users