Photo

A Christmas morning story

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 RonNMel

RonNMel
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:06 PM

I'm ENGAGED!!! We have been planning this destination wedding for months now, but I had yet to receive an actual proposal and ring. I'm not ringless anymore...

Last night (Christmas Eve) we came home around midnight. His 10 y.o. daughter went straight to bed, and after she did we filled up all three of our stockings with the small presents. About an hour later we went to bed too. Of course this morning she was up bright and early, but we bargained for an extra 30 minutes of sleep and got up around 7:30am. We cooked a huge Christmas breakfast, ate it, then proceeded to the living room to open our stockings.

His daugher and my FI both opened the extra presents that wouldn't fit in their stockings, then I opened all of mine. Now it was time for FI to reach into his stocking, but instead of taking the obvious gift that was hanging half out, he kept trying to reach INSIDE. That's when my sleepy brain started to get confused. Then he took out of his stocking a tiny brown box. Now I was even more confused, as I didn't remember putting that there and really had NO CLUE what it could be...

... and then suddenly it clicked!! My eyes teared up as he opened the box. He said that last year I gave him the best present by choosing to be with him, and then the rest is a bit fuzzy. He says he said something along the lines of "I'm hoping this year you'll give me an even better present". Then he dropped on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said YES!!

I'm such a thinker, that I thought for sure I would "expect it" and not be surprised when he proposed. NOT AT ALL!! I was not thinking about it at all when he did it (okay, the lack of sleep might have helped that. LOL)

Also I had asked him that the proposal be just between me and him. I didn't mind if we were at home or in a public place, as long as it was just the two of us, nobody else we know. His daughter was there, and though it was not what I wanted, I really don't mind it now. I understand how he would have wanted her to be there, and it did feel intimate anyway.

#2 SusieQ

SusieQ
    • 1,603 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:13 PM

Amazing Congrats and happy planning

#3 Raykel

Raykel
      • 489 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:25 PM

Good for you!!! Woohoo:)

#4 poohshek

poohshek
        • 1,456 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

Congratulations!!!

#5 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
          • 5,521 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:40 PM

AWWWWW CONGRATS!!!!! thats awesome! lets see the ring!!!

#6 PetitRouge

PetitRouge
            • 174 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:56 PM

Congratulations!!!! So happy for you! What a christmas to remember!!

#7 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

Awh! Congratulations!!!
                I totally just teared up (I'm such a sap!)

Have fun with the rest of your planning!!!!!

#8 debbmach

debbmach
                • 1,457 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

Congratulations!
                  http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#9 moonpalacebride

moonpalacebride
                  • 202 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

That's so sweet, congrats!

#10 mlabbe

mlabbe
                    • 784 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:28 PM

F©licitations! That's a great story, it's super sweet! This should make all of the planning feel even more real now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users